Jen's Cheeky Bristolian Bunners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, so here are some pictures of them all! No pictures of Mouse, because I put all of the recent ones I had of her up yesterday lol! :)

Lots of them are of a new toy that we got them at the weekend that has proved to be VERY popular, a hay nest:

Yummmy! Thank you mummy!

200804121243.jpg

200804121247.jpg

What? I can't hear you, this toy is just too good, sorry!!

200804121250.jpg

This is just the cutest picture of Snowy I have EVER EVER seen!! :biggrin2:

200804121251.jpg

200804121254.jpg

Barney looking incredibly comfy in his litter tray:

20080410100.jpg

Dead Snowy Flop!!

20080410102.jpg

What? Did I scare you? Oh, I'm sorry...

20080410103.jpg

20080410106.jpg

20080410108.jpg

so, there you go! Bit picture heavy, but I'm sure you'll all enjoy anyway! :p

jen xx

Aww great pics!!!
I like the one of Barney relaxing in his litter tray!!

Yey for cute bunny pics are you sure I can't look after them for you?!? :biggrin2:.

Did you get the hay nest from Pets at Home, I saw something like that in there the other day, planning to get one this Monday (pay day lol)

Right, here we go, super-long update warning!

Once again, I haven't updated this for so long... The move, the packing, and Chalk's illness has just taken up so much time, and when it wasn't taking up time, I just didn't have the energy to post here... I've been taking tons of pictures though. After reading Peg's reminder, and what Shiloh said in Tallulah's bridge thread, I figured that was the kick up the bum that I needed to keep this updated.

I think most of you know about Chalk's illness, but here are her multiple infirmary threads for anyone who wants to read, but mainly for me, so I can find them in furture easier if I need to:

The first one, when she stopped eating, and moving and we didn't know why:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=35507&forum_id=16&page=1

The second, after she had surgery, and we didn't know for a while if she would make it or not:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=35568&forum_id=16&page=1

The third, about her post op infection and the multiple abscesses and lumps that have appeared along her op site...

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=36033&forum_id=16

It's been such a battle, and it's only now sitting here writing about it all that I'm realising what a worrying time we've had with her. It's been going on for just over a month now! We're going to call the vets first thing in the morning to get her seen again...

Anyway, I wanted to update this thread with pictures, of Chalk, and the other buns, so I'd better get on with it....

An ill but happy Chalk:

200806121201.jpg

I just love this picture- Snowy looks away while she drops some apple and Chalk sneaks in!!
200806121203.jpg

Eating together...

200806121205.jpg

Room for one more?

200806121206.jpg

NO! :p

200806121207.jpg

Peek-a-boo! Baby Chalk plays a baby game:

200806121209.jpg

Snowy coming over all shy for once- 'you wanna take my picture? Lil old me? Aww, shucks!'

200806121210.jpg

'Nom, nom, nom......'

200806121212.jpg

Chalk? Grumpy? Never....

200806121214.jpg

'Hmmm, shall I bite your nose now, or later?'

200806121216.jpg

'If I close my eyes and act dead, maybe they'll turn me back the right way up?? Then I can BITE THEM!!'

200806121220.jpg

'LEMME GO!!!!'

200806121222.jpg

Ok, gonna make a new post of pictures, I'm terrified of losing all this!!

More pictures:

'Please do not disturb, eating cardboard. Kthxbai!'

200806121247.jpg

'No, I don't want a cuddle or a picture taken, I'm SLEEPING!'

200806121225.jpg

Barney: 'What do you mean I'm going grey?'

200806121230.jpg

'Noserubs? For me? Yeah?'

200806121231.jpg

Having a good ol' wash:

200806121233.jpg

Snowy looking very comfortable in Mouse and Chalk's cage!

200806121234.jpg

200806121235.jpg

Some recent garden pics- over 2 weeks ago now since it's been raining pretty much non-stop and we've had a red ant infestation:

200806121239.jpg

200806121241.jpg

'Hello!'

200806121243.jpg

A blurry binkie:

W
200806121248.jpg

'Why you lookin' at us?'

200806121250.jpg

Right, that seems like TONS of pictures, so I hope you all enjoy. Wish us luck for the vet visit tomorrow.... :?

Hugs for all,

Jen xxxx

OMG they are all so cute I can't decide who is my favorite!!!

I love the picture of cardboard chewing! she's so cute!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
OMG they are all so cute I can't decide who is my favorite!!!

I love the picture of cardboard chewing! she's so cute!
LOL thanks! I do have some very cute bunnies! :p

I've updated the infirmary thread, Chalk's scheduled for surgery tomorrow to have the abscesses removed.... *worries* :?

I have had such a nice weekend!

Yesterday, me and Steve went to a farm, about an hour away from us, just for a bit of fresh air and to see the animals. We had a lovely afternoon, even though we were the only adults without children, LOL! They have bunnies there, in a massive great shed, with a wire bit that they can run behind to escape people if they want. You can sit on the floor and hand feed them hay and pellets if you sit still long enough. I sat on the floor and had about 6 of them round me eating out of my hand. The only thing that bothered me was parents bringing their kids in and ignoring the 'be quiet' signs and letting their kids shout and try to run after the rabbits, but they didn't seem at all phased, I guess they're used to it by now...

Anyway, after that we stopped on the way home and got a BBQ! I could have gone out last night but decided to stay in. So, yesterday evening, we put the bunnies all in their pen together in the garden, and had a little BBQ for just the two of us :biggrin2: The weather has been SOOOO nice this weekend, I'm just praying it lasts! All 4 got on really well together, hardly any chasing or fur biting, and TONS of binkies!

So, today was really nice again, and they've all been out in the same pen for about 6 hours now, and have been loving it! I put a parasol up to give some shade, and their ice pod in, and the empty box from the BBQ. They LOVED to sleep in that. I sat in with them for hours and took over 100 pictures. I've seen about a million binkies today! Plus endless Bunny 500s!!
:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop
Now, I'm sat on the patio typing this, watching them binky around still. :biggrin2:

Chalk had her operation on Tuesday, and had a couple of rough days not eating or wanting to move about much, she was in a lot of pain. Now though she seems to have made a complete recovery, is eating tons, and hopping about like nothing ever happened! She's still on Metacam, Baytril and Septrim for the next few days though. We're hoping and praying with all our hearts that this will be the last of it, and she will stay better this time. No more surgery for Chalky baby!! :disgust:

I'll put some of the many pictures up in a bit, my uploader thing that Steve built me doesn't seem to be working, and neither does Photobucket....

:dude:

Jen xx

Steve assures me that pictures should be working now, so here they are...

First, a couple of the farm. I know, it's meant to be a bunny blog, but I wanted to put them in!

Me and Steve, with a funny look on his face:

1212950357.jpg

Me, 'lost' in the 'maze'- I look really short in this pic, but it's just because Steve's so tall!

1212950480.jpg

Steve and a very friendly goat:

1212950763.jpg

And a widdle duckling:

1212950984.jpg

Right, now onto the bunnies! :D

MINE!
1212951106.jpg

Basking in the shade (does this bunny look ill to you?!)
1212951306.jpg

1212951395.jpg

Love MEEEEEEEEE!

1212951475.jpg

1212951662.jpg

Comfy Mouse:

1212951964.jpg

Cheeky Chalk:

1212952066.jpg

Snoozy Snowy:

1212952150.jpg

Hiding inside the BBQ box:
1212952238.jpg

I love this pic!!

1212952343.jpg

Quick stop for a cuddle:

1212952451.jpg

BarnBarn!! :D

1212952595.jpg

1212952693.jpg

1212952787.jpg

Snowy again:

1212952863.jpg

And finally, one of Mouseickle:

1212953042.jpg

Right, that's it I think, should be enough there! Sorry there's so many, I just got a bit carried away lol :p

JEN! I love those pictures of you and Steve AND the bunnies of course!

Lexi and I want to steal little Mouse!

Hehe thanks!

No touchy of the Mouse though :disgust: :p

I keep thinking that maybe I should do something to make my blog look more attractive, I'm not very good at this whole blogging thing, but I just get carried away putting all the cute pictures up lol! :D

Since it's been another AMAZINGLY nice day, the bunnies have been in the garden all afternoon, and still are now!

We've managed to get rid of our red ant infestation, none of the powder we used weeks ago worked, so in the end I ended up digging up the nests and pouring boiling water down them, every day, for days! They're all gone now, so the bunnies can enjoy the garden in peace again :D

Now that this is sorted, I joined my 2 pens together. Both are 25 NIC grids long, so now picture a pen 50 (yes, 50!) grids long, joined together to make one MASSIVE pen. It covers most of our garden, and there's so much room for them to run about in. They've all been racing the Bunny 500 round and round the outside and doing the biggest binkies you have ever seen! I've NEVER seen such happy rabbits! :biggrin2: They're going to go indoors soon but I'm going to try and get a video of it before they do, and if I do, I'll put it up here...

Stay tuned for hopefully a great binky video! :)

Jen xx

Just catching up on your blog now!! I had so much fun looking at all the new pictures!! The pictures of the buns were so cute it was hard to pick a favorite. The picture of you and Steve is so sweet! :)

I LOVE your bunnies and "their" blog!! I could look at those pictures a million times and still find myself smiling at them... what great shots you have taken of them! I think Chalk is my favorite...shes seems spunky...like my Merlin..although I like Barney, Mouse and Snowy just as much... I want to pet Barney's little nosie!!!!

Love your Blog!

-Kayleigh

Thanks guys! :) I love hearing about how much people love my bunnies lol! I don't know why but it's a bit of an ego boost or something! :p

I've been working on getting a video with binkies and bunny 500s in it, and I have one! It's got Snowy and Chalk going crazy in it. I'll try and upload it now, but I'm due to go somewhere so may not have time, if not, it'll be up this evening, promise!

One thing that I've found with having the bigger pen is how difficult it is to catch bunnies for bed time... Chalk you can just pick up, she's not scared of anything, but Mouse, Barney and Snowy all do the run-THUMP!-run-THUMP thing for AGES. I end up unhooking part of the pen and sort of running it round them like a net until they are in a really small area so I can grab them easily. Popular I am not! :(

I love your description of the run...THUMP. I see that a lot too when I'm trying to shut mine into their pen. They certainly let you know they disapprove!;)

Latest posts

Back