Jen's Cheeky Bristolian Bunners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I AM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!

I've just had to restart my laptop twice because I couldn't open any webpages to upload pictures!! GRRRRRR! Stupid Windows Vista!!!! :tantrum:

But, anyway, I wanted to keep my promise and upload some pictures before I went to bed. So, here they are!

Barney and Snowy having a cuddle:

ARGH! It's got squashed when I tried to upload it! I can't do that one! :(

Here's Barney doing his very best close-up. His fur looks white and grey, not sure why, he's just dark grey normally!

200803121240.jpg

Here's another one of him sat in his hay box:

200803121242.jpg

And one of beautiful Snowy! I just love her pink nose!! :D

200803121245.jpg

And here's one of a grumpy looking Chalk:

200803121248.jpg

Slightly less grumpy looking.....

200803121249.jpg

Oh, alright, a little half binky... You'll have to be quick though!

200803121250.jpg

Don't think I'm leaving Mouse out- I took loads of pictures of me and her together, one of them is my avatar! I tried to upload it but it got squashed as well... :(

Well, I don't feel nearly as stroppy now I've uploaded some cute pics, it's a good therapy I think! Enjoy everyone! :)

Jen xx

Such adorable bunnies! Them playing on your back and Barney licking your nose a week ago sounds sooo cute! I didn't see where you'd updated your blog then or else I would have looked in on it! I can't wait until Maddox comes home and at least 2 of the bunnies like each other and I can have bunnies all over me! That's been a dream of mine for a long time. Funny, huh? I can't even hold Rory and Tallulah at the same time or he tries to bite her :X

I'm glad Snowy has recovered now! Poor girl. Maybe she's acting short tempered with Chalk because she still hurts some? Also, what does "stroppy" mean? Are you sick? :(

Thanks Crystal! Luckily I'm far away enough from people that hopefully no-one will try bunny napping! :p

I love Snowy, her pink nose is the cutest. I always think it looks like a button, and if you press it, her ears should flap lol!

I've got some pictures to upload so will hopefully put them up later...

Shiloh, 'stroppy' means grumpy, in a mood lol! I was ina particularly bad mood last time I posted, and was about to throw my laptop out of the window lol!

I need to write some more too, I'll try and do that later! :D

Well, if you didn't know it before, that was further proof of how bad I am at keeping a blog! I wish I could be like SnowyShiloh and update mine ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

LOL! Well that previous post was a resut of me running upstairs to shoo Mouse and Chalk out of the bathroom where they were eating all the toilet paper, and coming down to find Snowy ON THE SOFA on my laptop lol!!! Soooo cute! She's only just started hopping on the sofa the past few days and it's the cutest thing ever, she mostly just hops up and hops off again, but tonight I had to pick her up to check her spay wound is healing (it's doing fine now!) but she kicks and scratches when she's picked up, so I put Steve's big thick coat on to do it, protected my arms and chest a bit! Anyway, afterwards I gave her a cuddle, and the let her down, thinking she was going to be really mad at me, but she jumped back onto the sofa about 2 mins later! She doesn't hate me after all! YAY! :D

Right, as I was saying before, I wish I could be like SnowyShiloh and post all the time, but sadly I'm just not always up to it. My balance disorder/labyrinthitissometimes makes it really hard for me to concentrate on things, plus I get a lot of eye-acheyness, and headaches, nausea, severe dizzyness etc, so whilst I'm able to just about read the forum all the time, I don't always have the energy to post much, and updating my blog seems to be the most energy-consuming task for me? So I just update when I can :)

ANYWAY, I wanted to write some about each of our bunnies. Tonight I'll talk about Chalk. She's our cheeky fearless naughty bunny, and no matter how much he denies it, she's Steve's heart bunny. We got her at the same time as Mouse, at Pets at Home. We had gone looking for a big hutch, thinking we'd build the hutch, get it all ready,and then get the bunnies the next day maybe from somewhere... But while we were looking round, we spotted Mouse, a little agouti bun, that looked just like a wild bunny, hiding in the corner of one of the pens. We were ooh-ing and aah-ing at her, when she moved out of the way and we saw a tiny little white bun hiding behind her! Mouse had been protecting her! Well, after talking with the manager and seeing that he and the store did seem to really care about rabbits and know a lot about them, we had a cuddle with Mouse and Chalk and just couldn't leave them. We couldn't separate them either... they were sisters and had to be together. All the way home they were very quiet and still, and when we got home we both held them for about 10mins, and neither bun moved the whole time, they just cuddled into us! We left them in their cardboard carriers for the half an hour it took us to build the hutch, and Chalk's box was 'hopping' across the table, closer to Mouse! Ever since, they've been like the best of friends, they sleep cuddled up, eat together, and play together.

Chalk is the 'biter'. If you're sat cleaning her cage and she can't get past, NIP. If you pick her up and she's not entirely happy with that, NIP. If you're standing doing something and not giving her enough attention, NIP!! She will eat anything and everything, including the corners of our walls, our tables, telephone wires, and cable ties that have been left long. Steve has recently discovered a game where he picks Chalk up, and holds out a willow branch to her. She'll literally stand horizontal on his chest and chew the stick to bits, sometimes 2 or 3 sticks, until his shirt is covered in bits of twig, and she's too tired to chew anymore! I swear, if that bunny ever has problems with her teeth, I'll be amazed! It's funny how her and Mouse have turned around, though. It quickly became that Chalk was the more dominant bun and would 'show' Mouse what to do, look after her, etc. She is definately the bigger sister.

Right, well I'm going to post this now and then add some pics, before I push back or something and lose the lot! :shock:

I'd love people to read this, but as Peg said, I'm mostly writing it for myself, so I can remember what our bunnies were like in the future.... :)

For once, I'm coming through on my promises! Here are some pics of Chalk. The first few were taken yesterday...

'I pway zat my paws will not be so lellow... I will be a cwean bunny, I pwomise!'

200803121232.jpg

'Maybe if I am half-lopz I will have cweaner feetsies? Yes?'

200803121234.jpg

'Noooooo! The big whiteSnowy should not sleep... Is ok, I will wakes her up Mummy!'

200803121237.jpg

The afore-mentioned game with Steve and Chalk.

'Its ok daddy, I will pwotect you fwom the eviiil twig!'

200803121241.jpg

'Hoohm, nummmm, num num, howm num num....'

200803121244.jpg

And that's Chalk! Love her!!! :biggrin2:

Jen xx

Thanks Kellyjade! :wave:

Chalk's losing out on cuteness points today. She was sat at the top of the stairs, taking a break from zooming up and down them with Mouse, which they've been doing all morning. She loves to sit there because the heating pipes go underneath, so it's nice and warm. Anyway, I went and sat on the stairs in front of her to say hello and pet her etc. What did she do? She bit my nose! :XI asked how she would feel if I did that to her and she just sort of threw her head upwards as if to say 'go on then, see if I care' Mean Chalk!! :disgust:

So, today I'm going to say a little bit about Mouse. You know how we got her, she was the one protecting Chalk. Well, now it's the other way around mostly. Mouse is scared of EVERYTHING. You open the top of the cage when she's on the top shelf, and she hops down, just in case you have any ideas about picking her up. If she's on the floor and you bend down to pet her, 'yabadabadooooooo!' she's off! She's not quite as cheeky as Chalk, but she does love to nibble stuff, and her recent favourite thing to do is to jump on the TV unit, and sit next to the TV and crane her neck to see what on earth we're staring at! She also recently loves to jump on the sofa, when it's just me sat there and jump about at the opposite end. Sometimes she creeps up onto my lap, but then scares herself and runs off again. She creeps so slowly anywhere new, then she'll move a little too quickly, and get scared of her ownmovement and run away! Sooo cute! She's hard to catch but if you do pick her up, she'll normally just snugle into my neck and cuddle. If I lie on the floor, or line myself up with the shelf on her cage, she'll climb onto my back and play around.

Her and Chalk just LOVE to do the bunny 500, up and down the living room or up and down the stairs, and do massive binkies on the way. I've seen them jump a good 3 feet in the air with their binkies! :D

So that's Mouse.... I'll have to go and get some cute pictures of her and upload them in a bit :)

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww cuteness overload, I love this pic

200803121241.jpg

How cute is that hehe. If you like I could look after them for you for a bit, after all things must be hectic for you as you will be moving house soon. I promise I will give them back ;-) hehehehehehe Seriously though they are so gorgeous.

I think we need some more pics of them. :biggrin2:xxxxxxxxxx

Lol! Well, if you insist! :p

Looking back, I suppose I did promise more pictures 'in a bit' and that was nearly a month ago now! I think I wasn't feeling too well that day, and then hospital and everything else has taken over since!

Here are some more recent pics of Mouse:

Under the bed eating stuff:

20080460626.jpg

And in her cage when she was being a little scared of Snowy:

20080460630.jpg

Looking SUPER CUTE trying to climg on my leg:

20080460633.jpg

And I think I posted this one in the main forum before but it's so cute that I think it should be in my blog too! This was when her and Chalk got hold of the paper towel roll between them :shock::

20080460643.jpg

Sooo.... there we go! I feel a little less bad about not updating so often now lol! :biggrin2:

Awwww they are unbearably cute!!! I love the pic with the kitchen roll hehe.

And I think maybe you have given me an idea for the set up of my babies cages too hehe. My cage at the moment (I mean there cage not mine obv lol) has to shelfs either side but looking at yours I think I might try and do a shelf at the back as welllike you have (sorry that doesn't make much sense does it, but in my head I know what I mean...I will shut up now lol)

I think I may have to bunny nap mouse, because Mouse would go so well with my Dexter and Jessica they are the same colours so they will match! :pxxx

Thanks Bo B and Juliew! I gotta admit, I have a rule with myself not to have a favourite bunny, but I do have a soft spot for Barney... it's just that he's cuddly, and none of the others are! Plus he's got such a lovely squashy face, and his fur is unbelievably soft! :p

Amy, I know how you mean about the shelves lol! I originally had it so that they were just on either side, but when I added the third level, I didn't want them to be able to fall from that directly to the floor, so I put the shelves in at the back too. It's harder to secure being so long, but in B&Q you can get super long wooden dowel rods, in different thicknesses, and they do really great at securing the shelves underneath. I got one that was a bit longer than 4 grids for about £4? The round ones are better, cos for some reason they bend less?! When we move and Barney and Snowy move in with Mouse and Chalk, I'm hoping to make a cage that's similar, but 6 grids long instead of 4.... Just need to find out if that's going to be big enough for 4 bunnies lol!

Since it's 4am and I can't sleep at all, I may very well add some more pics before morning! :biggrin2:(Having said that I may not and wont update this for another month lol!)

Jen, I don't know how I missed your blog lately! I didn't see the stuff about Chalk or anything since until today. I love your little bunny bios! How you got Mouse and Chalk is so sweet, I'm glad you didn't separate the little sisters. I felt sad that Tallulah didn't get adopted with one of her sisters, she had 3 sisters and two went to the same family. Luckily she settled in with us quickly and hopefully soon she'll have a Mylo Ashton Barney Monroe to love :biggrin2:

The pictures of them are so cute, too! Chalk looks much too innocent to do things like bite, but I believe you since Tallulah also looks innocent but is quite capable of a chomp every now and then :laugh:

How has your big owie been? Is Snowy all healed up?

wicked! I'm going to have to go to B&Q today. lol, your cage is gonna be HUGE lucky, lucky buns. I wish I was one of your rabbits, they aresooospoilthehe xx

Your buns are so cute Jen. :biggrin2:I love them all. I have a few that lie in their litter trays like Barney except Delphi who like to lie flat out at the front of her cage and make me think she is dead :shock:get a heart attack every time!! can't quite figure out why they find it comfy though

Thanks everyone! :biggrin2:

Shiloh, Snowy is aaaall healed and better! About a week or 2 after one of the stitches popped through the skin (the vet just snipped it off) she was all completely healed! She's even been doing the odd binky recently! Woo!

My owie is another story though...I posted in my everlasting thread in Let Your Hare Down about it; basically, a section from where they had the stitches has opened up... it's super painful, and really raised and swollen... and yesterday it started looking really black :?I'm going back to see my consultant tomorrow, he bought my follow up appointment forward, instead of waiting the 4 weeks I was meant to, and I'll see what he wants to do about it, whether he wants to debride it (get rid of the dead tissue) or not! Eeek!

And don't feel bad about not seeing my blog, I think that RO sometimes unsubscribes me from threads I'm in, and I don't get the notifications, therefore I don't look! Nice to know it's not just me lol!

Amy, good luck with the modifications to your cage!

And Polly, Snowy has been the QUEEN of Dead Bunny Flops recently lol... she's given us some serious frights! You can see a couple of pics of them below!

I'm going to post loads of pics in just a few minutes! :biggrin2:

I'm sorry to hear that the healing still isn't going well :( It looks black?! That can't be good! I'm glad though that Snowy is all better! Snowy binkies and DBFs must be adorable. I can't wait to see the pics you're uploading, I'm actually doing the same now! I've taken 60 pictures of Mylo since we got him and I'm uploading them and the 6 videos I took of him to Photobucket now that we're back home where the internet is faster. It'll probably be a few hours before I get mine posted because it takes a long time to upload videos.

Give the bunnies pets for me!

Latest posts

Back