Jen's Cheeky Bristolian Bunners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

:wave:

I thought I'd start a whole new blog, as I felt bad that the last one only had Mouse and Chalk's name in it, and they are now only one half of our terrific bun family!

You can read my old blog still, The Chronicles of Mouse and Chalk

I know I'm TERRIBLE at maintaining a blog, but I'm going to really try and keep this up- I want to have lots and lots of pics and stories to look back over. So, I can't promise anything, but I'll try!

So, I'm gonna upload a lot of pictures now- this will be fairly picture heavy, but I've taken loads in the past few weeks that I want to put up here...

Here's Barney and Snowy enjoying the sunshine in the garden a few weeks ago...

20080380853.jpg

20080390900.jpg

20080390903.jpg

And now some of Mouse and Chalk outside...

20080390913.jpg

20080390915.jpg

Here are a few more recent ones, including Barney, Mouse and Chalk all together! :D

20080390921.jpg

20080390923.jpg

20080390924.jpg

20080390925.jpg

20080390928.jpg

20080390932.jpg

WOAH, that was a lot of pictures! Enjoy!!:thumbup

:apollo:

I love the outside photos the best....the bunnies look so pretty against the green grass.

Peg

Thank you! :)

Peg, I love the outside ones best too, my camera does them really well because it has a 'foliage' setting that makes the grass come up really green lol!

They've not been outside much since though, as I heard of Myxi being in our area, so I wanted to wait until they'd been vaccinated, plus the weather has been terrible! They were vaccinated last week though, so as soon as it's sunny again out they will go :D

Snowy is getting spayed tomorrow people! I'm nervous of course, but I have every confidence in our vets being great, so I'm sure she'll do fine... I'll be making her the biggest and best salad for when she gets home though :)

Well, Snowy is home from her spay!!! We picked her up at about 4 pm. She's eaten a little bit, and has been moving around, but she's only moved from place to place about 3 times since we got her home...

She's been nibbling on some hay though, had a little drink, and has 'sampled' some of her veg. although not very much. I made the veg quite wet to make sure she was getting some water, in case she doesn't feel the need to drink too much...

I'm soooo shattered, and Steve's off to bed in a bit, but I feel like I should stay up for a bit longer and keep an eye on her- I just don't know how long I'll be able to manage it for lol! I've got to get up early aswell... I'm thinking if I leave her with a rice sock, lots of hay, fresh water and veg/pellets, plus with all the folded towels on the floor in their cage hopefully she'll be ok overnight? ARGH I'm such a worried bunmum lol! :shock:

I'm just sooooo glad she's home safe and sound! Poor Barney REALLY missed her as well- he kept running around looking for her! :(

Jen xx

Beautiful bunnies! I've been wondering, does Barney have a bit of lighter colored fur on his face, or does he have a perpetual bad hair day?

I hope Snowy feels better! Also, I don't know if rice socks are safe. I'm pretty sure my bunnies would chew it open in a matter of minutes and eat the raw rice, which does not sound good for bunny tummies. I wonder what others think.

ARRRRGGGHHHH! I've been told that they were ok before.... Although Barney and Snowy have NEVER chewed anything ever, but I'll take it out when I go to bed just in case... thanks for pointing it out to me! :)

LOL, yeah Barney has a lighter-greyish kinda nose, bless! It's like he's got 2 mini stripes either side of it! He also has little specks of white/grey in the rest of his coat bless him, I'm not sure if they were there already or if it's a sign of ageing lol?!

Well, I guess I'm going to have to go to bed and hope TO GOD that Snowy is ok, and stop worrying so much... I'm sure I'll be up in the night to check on her though!

Jen, if other people on the forum told you rice socks are okay, maybe they are! Is Barney in the cage with her? I doubt Snowy would feel up to eating a hole in a sock to get at raw rice right after she's been spayed. I was just thinking that my bunnies most definitely would try to eat it :) Maybe someone else can offer advice?

Thanks Shiloh! God, I'm a paranoid mess aren't I? Literally when I read what you said, my hands went to my head and I said 'oooohhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooo!' But thinking about it, you're right, she's barely eating food, let alone chewing stuff she doesn't normally chew. Either way, I'll take it out tonight as I can turn up the heating and the radiator will keep her warm, and then put it back in tomorrow. I'd rather be on the safe side than have Snowy eat raw rice :shock:

Barney is in with her, as he was soooo sad while she was gone, but he's mostly leaving her to sleep, except for going over to groom her head every now and then- he's being really gentle with her! It's sooo cute to watch! :)He doesn't even seem to have minded being shut in all night either with her, now that's true love! :D

Great pictures! :)I love the garden shots - I haven't seen grass in so long it really amazes me. The picture with the crossed ears is super cute too. Yes STOP worrying! :)You are taking good care of Snowy. and you are right, that does sound like true love!

This picture of mouse looks like Bo when he was little.... she looks like a mini-rex in that way. :)

20080390932.jpg

Thanks Michele! :)

Shiloh, Snowy hasn't been feeling too great- we took her to the vets earlier. Basically I was stupid and forgot to get Metacam yesterday, I guess I was just too concerned that she hadn't eaten her lunch and was just glad to see her! So I called into the vets to get some, but he wanted to see her before he gave any, to make sure she was ok etc. Anyway, got some Metacam, and she's eaten a bit more since- including about half the dinner Steve put down for them just now! :biggrin2:Still no poo apart from a couple of BIG squishy cecals, but she's weed though....

I'm still worried but I'm soo glad she's seeming a little better!

Jen xx

If she ate a bunch, I'm sure lots of poop is on it's way! :biggrin2: I'm glad she got her pain meds too! Poor girl, that must have hurt. Now she can get better!

Thanks guys! Cheryl, Barney hangs out in his litter tray ALL the time. My non-bunny crazy friends and parents come over and go 'oh, look, he's sat in his poo again, what an odd bunny, isn't that really dirty?' :grumpy:So I explain about how the litter is fairly clean as it essentially turns to sawdust, and how it's quite normal for a bunny to feel safe in their litter tray and sleep in there! Grrr!

Snowy still continues to do really well today- she's jumping up for food when we put it down and eating it all, and she's been hopping about a fair bit too. Not too much, as we don't want to overdo her, but she's hopped down the living room and slept in the bottom of Mouse and Chalk's cage with Barney most of the day! :D

I had an afternoon of pure bunny love today! Since everybun was sleeping in Mouse and Chalks giant cage, I went and laid down parallel with the door to the cage, to say hello. Barney and Snowy immediately put their heads down waiting for pets, and cos I only had one hand free (was propping myself up with the other!), they kept nudging each other out of the way to get to me! Then Mouse and Chalk woke up and jumped on my back and started licking my t shirt, and jumping around! Then Barney joined in the fun too! Snowy put her front paws on my back but didn't jump up. THEN, Mouse and Chalk were sat (they might have been lying down but I couldn't see lol!) on my back, and Barney came and laid right in front of my face. He kept nudging my nose for pets, but I was propping myself up with both arms, and not wanting to disturb Mouse and Chalk by moving. So I ended up grooming him 'bunny style'- with my nose! LOL! It was sooo cute! He kept licking the end of my nose and nudging me, and I kept having to sort of rub his head and nose with my nose lol! :D

I've always wished for the kind of cuddle bunnies that sit on your lap and sleep etc, but I'd settle for them climbing all over and paying me attention that way ANY DAY!

LOVE MY BUNNIES!!!! :D

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Jen xx

Hi Montana!

Wow, I guess it's been a while since I updated this huh? Doh! After I promised to be better at my blog too! :disgust:

Snowy has completely recovered now bless her, just waiting for her fur to grow back! She does seem a lot happier though, she's been running around a lot the past few days and doing lots of flops in front of the tv unit, which she never did before. Only thing is that she seems a bit meaner with Mouse and Chalk, though. Mostly they play ok, but Snowy has had a scuffle or 2 with Chalk- I think she just likes to chase them for some reason!

The other buns are all ok, Mouse and Chalk aren't any better with their litter training now, and we need to replace the floor of their cage again because they pee all over it and it gets inbetween the lino tiles, and soaks the hardboard underneath it, which as you can imagine, STINKS!! :shock:

I have some pictures to upload but I'll get round to doing that later, maybe when my head doesn't hurt so much and I can see better!

Latest posts

Back