Jen's Cheeky Bristolian Bunners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the new name.

Here is this. I think you can use this right now. I just read this in Dear Abby and thought I would share.

"Remember that friendships can have a life of their own and vary in intensity over time."

JadeIcing wrote:
Love the new name.

Here is this. I think you can use this right now. I just read this in Dear Abby and thought I would share.

"Remember that friendships can have a life of their own and vary in intensity over time."
:hug: Thank you!

That quote is soo true, on a multitude of levels too. If you asked me to elaborate I could write for years lol....

It's funny because I had been thinking about friendships earlier and talking about it over dinner with my mum....

:)

I'm interested in your thoughts on friendship, it's something I have been thinking about a lot this week.

I know this is a bunny blog, but I was interested, what do you think of friendship and what does it mean to you?

I'm one of those types who gets attached to a new friend very quickly, argue lots and make up, and think they are the bees knees one minute and a total cow the next :p, tell them everything and talk way too much, and worry about them when they are absent. When I have a friend I like to stick with them forever and love them very much. I know I say on here I have no friends a lot but there is James, we've known eachother since we were 11, but ours is a bit of a strained friendship over the last year due to his feelings for me changing so it's been sad.

P.S How is Snowy lately, is her ear growing fur back over the cut yet?

Ok, so here is a stupidly long reply! Sorry, but it was hard to answer conscicely! :p

Friendship means everything to me. I love the phrase 'friends are the family that you choose'. I think it's so true.

I've had a lot of friends that have come and gone, and I've had some friends that I've stuck with even though they were bad, bullied me even (this was at school but they have a lot to answer for re my lack of confidence lol) but I still refused to say a bad word about them. If I consider someone a good friend I refuse to hear or say a bad word about them! Even to Steve, or my mum, who I tell everything to. The thing is, I'm REALLY shy talking to people I don't know- even with my closest friends I'm scared of calling/texting them etc.... I will hardly ever be the first person to start a conversation on MSN, because I am just super-shy. I get a lot better once I get to know someone and feel comfortable, but still with some of my oldest friends I am still so scared of saying 'hi' :? I think that sometimes people mistake it for rudeness, which breaks my heart, because it's totally the opposite of how I feel, lol. I actually am always so grateful for anyone wanting to be my friend! :p

One thing I've learnt over the past year or so especially is that there are those who will ALWAYS be there no matter what you go through, and there are those who are 'fairweather friends'. Our group is about 15 people roughly, and I'm closer to some than others. Some of them I only see/speak to when I'm out etc, and to a certain extent they are 'fairweather friends' because I don't talk to them when times are bad- not that they ignore me but it's sort of a mutual thing that we aren't that close... ANYWAY lol... there are a handful of people in my group (mostly the girls) who I know I can always count on. Specifically my 2 best friends, R and S, I have been friends with since I was 16- which is nearly 9 years now (Gosh I'm old!) They are friends that I have been through rough times with- had fall-outs, been annoyed with, I've annoyed them, there have been times when we weren't as close, etc, but they have always been there.

The part of the quote that Ali posted 'vary in intensity over time' applies here, because there have been periods when we havent been as close as we should have been, for whatever reason, but we always come back to each other. We know that we can always depend on each other. I can not see some friends for ages, meet up with them and run out of conversation, or not know how to be. When I see/speak to R, no matter how long since we spoke, it always ends up being an hour at the very least, and I always end up in hysterics and teling her stuff that I think to myself but don't tell anyone. That's true friendship to me. Sure, she didn't rush round when I had my operations (she was pregnant and on the other side of town lol) but I knew that she was always there, and would always care. Same with S. She text me every single day to ask how I was doing, did I need anything from the shops, did I want company, etc etc. I turned her down a lot because I felt so crappy, but she understood and just kept being there. That meant the world to me.

On the other hand, there was another friend, L, who I had been really close to for about 18months, to the same level. We did so much together! Out partying all the time, getting drunk, having fun and telling each other everything. We would speak every day, wherever one went, the other would follow, etc etc. When I went into hospital, she dropped me like a hot potato. Literally, overnight. Whilst S was dropping everything to come round and see me after I was out of hospital, she was texting me saying she was out drinking with another friend of ours, but she 'felt sorry for me'. Then I didn't hear from her for weeks- because she was out partying with another friend that she had decided was her favourite! That was pretty much the end of our friendship, although I didn't want to admit it for a long time. I only realised recently when she dropped S for no apparent reason, with no excuse- just stopped talking to her. They were supposed to move in together, but L made some excuse about not wanting to live with friends- whilst all the while planning to move in with another friend who was now 'flavour of the month'. She has now completely dropped us all for her, blocked us from her Facebook, invited all the guys of the group to her housewarming but not us, etc etc. I had to tell her the other week why I was so mad at her because she thought that everything was just ok between us. I must admit, I was totally upset at the time because she was such a good friend, and I didn't want to lose her. Now I see that she was never the friend I thought she was, and I just feel taken in by her and stupid for trusting her. It makes me appreciate the friends I do have even more, and I know I am so lucky to have them!

Ok, so this has turned into the longest post ever, bet you're sorry you asked now lol! :p

I must also say that all these friends were in real-life.... Since being on the forum I'm beginning to discover that you can have friends all over the world as well- people you've never met before but can trust, and talk to. It's opened up a whole new world of friendship for me.... although I am still so shy lol, luckily all the friends I've made so far have reached out to me, because I couldn't do it myself! I hate being so shy and scared of talking to people :p

Jen, is Chalk stretching her butt in the first picture with the Christmas tree? It looks like she is! So cute! Rory does it a lot too :biggrin2:

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Jen, is Chalk stretching her butt in the first picture with the Christmas tree? It looks like she is! So cute! Rory does it a lot too :biggrin2:
LOL! She was fast asleep but she has bunny radar which detects the switching on of a camera at 100 paces- so basically she woke up just as I started to take pictures lol! :p

I'm not sorry I asked at all! I love reading long posts when I have my glasses on :p. That was really interesting and I'm glad you've got at least one awesome friend that sticks with you through everything. That fiar-weather friend sounds hurtful.

I didn't realise you were that shy, on MSN, I figured you weren't that keen on saying hello though. I'm not very brave either and wait for other people.

NZminilops wrote:
I'm not sorry I asked at all! I love reading long posts when I have my glasses on :p. That was really interesting and I'm glad you've got at least one awesome friend that sticks with you through everything. That fiar-weather friend sounds hurtful.

I didn't realise you were that shy, on MSN, I figured you weren't that keen on saying hello though. I'm not very brave either and wait for other people.
Lol! No, I really am that shy lol.... My friend R (I shortened their names just in case, for their sakes lol) is 8 months pregnant and had to go for a scan today as a 'precaution'. So I sat waiting for her to call about it all afternoon, worrying. (Basically, they thought the baby might be too big, and she was terrified that there may be something wrong with her, or that they might say she was too big for a homebirth and make her go into hospital.) I finally gave in at 7pm and called her... I didn't want to call her before in case I would be bothering her lol :? I have known her for 9 years!!! As I was calling I was SO nervous- my heart was thudding, I felt sick...all because I was calling someone lol.... My best friend and I'm scared to call her!

Yeah.... it's crazy I know.... She knows that I'm scared of stuff like that but if she knew the extent she'd tell me to pull myself together lol! :p

Hi jen! I adore that video of Chalk in her little birdy nest.. that is so amazing! *dies of too much cuteness*

Getting sick sure is an effective way of finding out who your real friends are! All of my fairweather friends dissipeared pretty quick when I stopped going out and partying due to health stuff and had to focus on getting better. But it makes me appreciate the few long lasting friends that stuck around through it all even more. I was thinking about friendships in my life recently, too.. Just a couple months ago I split ways with my best friend of 16 years.. she got permanently stuck in a very bad spiral.. so it was time to let go and love her just from a distance.

It's always fun making new friends though! :biggrin2:

Thank you! Yeah it really does make you appreciate the good friends you have.... I am very thankful for them :)

I just thought I should mention in here that Snowy is going to the vets in a bit! It's occurred to us that her stitches haven't dissolved in her ear.... It's been 2 1/2 weeks now I think? Not entirely sure.... We don't know whether maybe they are the non-dissolving kind, and nobody told us :?, or they are the dissolving kind, but are taking a while to dissolve? Strange.... so we're going back in about an hour or so to get it checked out.... Her ear does look great though! Healed really nicely and doesnt' appear to be bothering her at all.... PLUS!!! Her wound/abscess thing is totally healed! WOOHOO! :bunnydance:

I'll update later what happened.... and I also have the cutest videos of the bunnies getting banana treats :)

The stitches could be the dissolving kind, but being that they are in Snowy's ear, I don't think they will break down much. If I remember correctly, dissolving stitches need to be moist and warm to break-down. Ears aren't really all that "moist" inside.

Sometimes, even when they are in the most opportune places (abdomen) they don't dissolve completely. I had a stitch come out of my appendix scar about seven years AFTER the surgery! They were the dissolving kind!

We went to the vet! She said the same thing about them taking ages to dissolve.... However they were on a scab that was loose, came off and the stitches are out now. The ear is healed up really well! Almost good as new! :D Her wound under near her bottom end is all totally healed as well..... :D She said we've done a brilliant job and she's amazed that she's healed as well as she has done...

I shouted at her though! :shock: Well, not proper yelling, but she put her hand round Snowy's shoulders, and started to lift her that way, almost by the scruff of her neck, and remembering the way she'd lifted Mouse before, I cut straight in with 'Sorry, I'm really not happy with the way you're handling her. She gets very stressed anyway and is liable to kick. She needs to be picked up properly'

She just said 'that's fine, sorry!' But Steve said she looked terrified..... the rest of the exam was fine and she held her properly :p She wont mess with my bunnies again! She's not Clara, she's another vet that works there sometimes..... I'm not so keen on her, but then again she stitched Snowy's ear and did a really good job.....Hopefully that's taken care of!

Mouse and Chalk go in for their booster vaccinations on Monday. They're a couple of weeks late, because Clara wanted to make sure that Chalk was completely recovered from her op before doing them. I would never normally slip with them, but the vet didn't think it would be too much of a risk- especially given their indoor bunnies... I forget which one we're doing first, but when they had their VHD last year, they both got a sore paw from them! I've found it's a common side effect online. They were fine after about 24 hours, but the whole day they just sat there holding their paws and looking sad! :(

I should get off my bum and post the pictures I promised the other day really... plus videos thatI made earlier! :p

I'm up....off my bum.....Sort of! :p

Here is a video of Mouse and Chalk getting banana chips! :biggrin2: Notice The Script playing in the background again, and silly Mouse being scared! :p

I have one of Barney and Snowy getting treats too but it's like 6MB too long for Photobucket.... GRRRRRRRRRR! :grumpy:

kherrmann3 wrote:
Aww! Cute video, Jen! :)

I like the look on Chalk's face after Mouse takes the banana chip. She looks confuzzled! lol
LOL! I know! Whoever gets the first banana chip tries to steal the other buns.... It's so funny... That's why I tried to distract her with a shoulder rub, because otherwise they literally will steal it out of each other's mouth and run off with it! :p

Jen, I'm so glad Snowy's healing well! And kudos for standing up for Snowy when the vet was handling her improperly, I know it can be hard to speak out because you don't want to offend anyone. I think what you said was perfect because you made it clear what was wrong and why, and were polite and non-threatening. Way to go!

Snowy was so funny! That is what Sakura does with treats, I'm calling her name and she's looking every which way except for where my hand and the treat are, sniffng and being a silly bunner lol!

Sakura: "Is it on the floor? I smell it! Where is it?"

Me "Oi Sakura, up here! No not that way, to the left, no, up a bit - oh sheesh I'll just stick it on the floor"

Snowly is looking wonderful, she's such a pretty girl :inlove:, and Barney makes the perfect handsome hubby.

Latest posts

Back