its 2010 now

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RandomWiktor-I hear ya about nasty meds...I finally had surgery this summer and was finally able to stop taking morphine after about 6 straight years...wow...does that stuff atttack your stomach! I had to keep food in my stomach constantly or I was horribly sick! My doctor put me on Nexium for 3 months and it seems to have helped alot! Its alot easier to feel healthy when you fon't feel sick all the time!:D

Welcome to the club!:bunnydance:

Our second weigh in is tomorrow...haven't lost as much weight this week as I'd hoped too...although I think I have been retaining water...oh hurrah...I increased our water consumption because I realized I was only drinking with meals! So less than 3 cups a day!:shock: Its only the beginning of our third week so it'll all work out...in the end!
Good luck to everyone else!:)

Danielle

how is everyone doing?

i am ordering4 different workout vidoes from amazon this week, as i can never pick on out in the store. . . just to many options.

anyway, i am getting a bollywood dance one, a weight loss pilates one, a stepaerobics one, and a general cardio workout one.

i figured that will give me some variety and i won't get to sick of doing the same thing. i can pick my workout based on my mood!

anyway, i am off to bed. . . so far, i haven't really lost, but i haven't gained either so that is a good thing!

We weighed in yesterday again...I started at 251 and am now 235...with a total of 5 lbs lost this week...Hubby started at 247 and is now at 229lbs!
On to week three!

I feel better...but now my pants fall down! lol :biggrin2:

Danielle

Its been going well. I still need to go out and buy a scale to be able to keep track of the weight loss but i've been doing pretty good with exercising. I"ve been going on the treadmill every 2-3 days for at least 30mins and the past 2x uped it to 40mins. Still waiting for my brother to bring me back my EA sports active game so I can get started on that again.

The diet has been going well too, except yesterday we ordered pizza and I had 4 slices :faint: It broke the diet and the no diary diet but was delicious! But I did 45mins on the treadmill last night to make up for it :p

well, i ate at cracker barrel today. . . oopps! but i just can't resist their mac and cheese. . .

so to make up for it, i went and bought one of the workout videos that i wanted, so i could start tomorrow and not have to wait for it. i also bought some free weights to work with.

i got the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264731300&sr=1-2

i have heard some great things about this one, so i thought for 10 dollars i can give it a try. so starting tomorrow. . . i will be getting up early to do this before my morning shower.

i will update ya'll on how it is going. i might put it in before bed tonight to just watch the first level of it without working out. just to get a feel for it all

Last edited by a moderator:
all i can say is

wow

anyone that can't afford a gym membership and is short on time. spend the 10 dollars (i think it is down to 9 right now) at target and get this workout video. you will also need a set of free weights. i bought 2 3lb weights for $4 each. and they are worth it.

it is a 20 minutes hardcore workout.

i am totally feeling it.

and jillian micheals talks you thru the whole thing. just when i was ready to stop and give up, she would say something like "work thru it, you know you can do it". it was like she was reading my mind.

i will lose this last 40 pounds. i am really going to try to do this every day. the 20 minutes honestly went by super fast.

off to make a protien shake and drink a gallon of water. . .

i should add that i am also planning on going for walks 3 days a week for a few miles once the snow is gone. that should really help me drop the pounds!

I started keeping a food diary after reading this thread and it was pretty obvious why I have been putting on weight even after the meds: too much snacking whilst on the computer & driving!

When I get bored or indulge in something mindless, I chew. Not just on food. On plastic, fabric, you name it - it's a bad habbit! If I'm slightly hungry, I'll munch away a whole bag of pretzels or something of the like, without even knowing it.

So, I'm going to arm myself with sugar free chewing gum for the car and some nice crunchy kale for the computer to keep from taking in a ton of unneeded empty calories.

I've also been better about getting the the gym regularly. I'm so excited; I can do over a half hour high intensity on the eliptical now, and have been able to up a lot of the weights I'm using in resistance training.

I haven't lost much poundage - only two pounds in the last week - but I can see less "flab" so at the very least I'm tightening up some loose muscle by working out. :D

One minor slip-up. My boyfriend bought me my favorite soy ice-cream. What a disaster! Unfortunately I ate it with such zeal that my very sensitive, anti-biotic battered system couldn't handle it, so I can't say much of it stayed down. But oye vey, I need more self control in that area!

Finally went out and bought a scale. I've lost 20lbs since Jan '09, about 10lbs of those since about Dec. when I started exercising on a more regular basis :bunnydance:

I've also started keeping a food long online again. I use http://caloriecount.about.com/ I really like it since it has a large database of foods to choose from. Lots of brand names so its easy to find the exact food you ate and it has all the nutritional info already there. It also shows your calories in, calories burned for the day. So you can keep track of everything. I find it easier then using a journal as it keeps it organized and has charts/progress graphs, grades you on your diet choices,shows you all the nutritional info etc.

i just joined the calorie count website valerie!

i like it cause i can send a quick text to a number and it tells me the cals in a serving.

totally awsome!

Oooh cool site. I wonder if it would work for me or not. I don't really eat a "normal" diet, so I'm wondering if it would have stuff like cooked teff grain, adzuki beans, jicama, etc. I might just join and find out!

Has anyone else been using nutritiondata.com? They have an awesome ammount of info on a stunning variety of foods.

RandomWiktor wrote:
Oooh cool site. I wonder if it would work for me or not. I don't really eat a "normal" diet, so I'm wondering if it would have stuff like cooked teff grain, adzuki beans, jicama, etc. I might just join and find out!

Has anyone else been using nutritiondata.com? They have an awesome ammount of info on a stunning variety of foods.
Yes it has all those foods in the data base, a couple different brands/versions too. Thats why I like this site the best, it has weird foods and TONS of different brands of each to choose from. I"ve tried a couple other sites too and didn't like them as much as I either had to pick general terms(ei "wheat bread") and they didn't provide all the nutritional data on the foods.

With this website you can also enter your own nutritional info for certain foods and save them. So i've entered a few different recipes and now have them on file. Thats why I also like using the www.recipezaar.com/ website for recipes as every recipe has the nutrtional info already next to it.

Well today is the end of week three...
I only lost a half pound this week bringing my total to 17 lbs so far...

I honestly expectedmore than a half pound this week...:(
Oh well plenty more to go!

I also decided since I was going to miserable anyway that I would a) stop biting my nails b) stop taking my pain meds c) increase my exercise
So far I am sticking with them all...I have no outlet for stress anymore and may just explode...but I have nails!:biggrin2:

Danielle

well another down fall

this time it came in the form of a box of glazed blueberry paczki

but getting on the scale today i am down 3.4 pounds from this past week!

and as i sit here typing this with one hand, and slurpping the blueberry filling out of my favorite polish pastries, i glance over to see the case for my jillian michaels workout video.

and it feels like she is glaring at me in a disrespectfull way and shouting "PUT THE PUCZKI DOWN"

i am taking the rest of these to work with me tomorrow, gotta get them out of the house.

okay, off to go workout. . . now that i just filled my tummy with sugar and fat. . .

Runestonez wrote:
Well today is the end of week three...
I only lost a half pound this week bringing my total to 17 lbs so far...

I honestly expectedmore than a half pound this week...:(
Oh well plenty more to go!

I also decided since I was going to miserable anyway that I would a) stop biting my nails b) stop taking my pain meds c) increase my exercise
So far I am sticking with them all...I have no outlet for stress anymore and may just explode...but I have nails!:biggrin2:

Danielle
You dont' want to loose too fast. 1-2lbs a week is what is usually recommended.

Wehaven't been eating weird or anything...although I did make hubby try meatless chicken...that didn't go over too well!:biggrin2:
I've been almost 100% sedentary for years...
So losing weight has been fast until now...
We've just been eating healthier (Iintensely dislikemost vegetables...) lol
We've been eating at least one salad a day, more moving around for me, keeping a log of how much and what we eat and smaller more reasonable portions...
I realized since my surgery whenever it was hubbys turn to make dinner he would take the easy way out and just buy fast food...same with me...not feeling good...order fast food...:(
l-a-z-y
Just eating healthy has made a difference...I just wish it were spring so I could get out and MOVE! Sitting inside because it is too icy is not making me a lovable or cuddly person right now...:grumpy:

M-O-O-D-Y...that is how I feel! Cranky and hungry(not for healthy food)
I opened my email this morning and one of my recipe sites had sent me recipes for about 8 different types of brownies and lava cakes...ugh...puhleez!

ok so i got Slim shots and then after i do that i have hydroxy cut to help. I want to do these to jump start the weight loss and as soon as the warm weather gets here i will be able to get out walking, it is too dark and i have no sidewalks just dark country roads. I am starting tomorrow,lol wish me luck

I'm a little late for New Year but I'm going to start trying to lose weight now. Lent just started so I've gone off all sweets and chocolate so it seems a good time. I'm going on holiday in the Summer and no way would I be comfortable in a bikini right now, but I don't want to crash diet just before I go!

I don't need to lose a huge amount, for now I'll aim to get down to 50kg/110 lb. I'm only 5'4 that's a good weight I think. I hate my thighs, easily the biggest issue, what exercise is good for toning up thighs?

I know right now my diet is very poor. I skip breakfast, eat a lot of crap at school, and usually have rice or pasta for dinner. I never eat veggies, I don't like them. I drink far too much tea, not that bad but I fill it with sugar so I need to cut that out. And I need to stop binge drinking, that's definitely making everything worse. :p

I tried to sign on on that site posted a few pages back but it seems to be down so I'll try later again.

Luvmyzoocrew-We have been using the Hydroxycut...it does seem to help with the cravings at the beginning of a diet!:D

Michaela-I miss my tea! :(I used to drink tons of it with cream and loads of sugar...but I swore it off for a while....I still have a small one now and again but no more 2-3 a day.
I hate veggies too...I have been eating alot more lately...I just hide them better! :D
Or if I have to eat a salad...I'll eat a Caesar...you can hide almost any kind of veg in that much garlic! :biggrin2:

I haven't checked in lately...hubby is down to 224lbs and I am down to 227lbs from 251. We weigh in again on Wednesday...I will be so happy when I finally break into the 100's again!:biggrin2:

wow Danielle! you are doing great!

i have been nothing but sick the past few weeks. so i haven't been watching what i have been eating and i haven't been working out (bad sinus infection with massive vertigo, working out simply hasn't been an option).

i did gain about 5 pounds, but i have taken that back off.

my goal is to drop about 15 to 20 pounds by mid to late summer, and get toned up so i can wear a bikini to the beach (have never done this before). it is a long shot, but i think i can do it.

i am getting a pedometer this week so i can see on average how much i am walking, then i will base that information on how much walking i do out of work (would like to start taking walks once the weather is better), am saving up for a bike to take on trails this summer, going to spend the next 4 days doing a general food diary and NOT changing my eating habits, then work on how much i need to cut back, and were my sore points are. going to start drinking a full 8 glasses of water a day, and do a detox just to clean my system out.

and i will start doing the 30 day shred again. . . in a few days. trying to make sure i am back to 100% health before killing myself by working out lol!

time to get back on the ball with this.

maybe i will start to join in on your weekly weigh in Danielle, on Wednesdays. that might keep me more motivated.

I am joining in. :) One thing that helped me was keeping a food diary. Writing it down made me think about each thing that I was eating, because I knew I'd have to record it.

I have to do low-fat, low-cholesterol, high fiber for my diet (doctor ordered)

so...off we go!

I'm going to make a food diary thread in LYHD. Please please please join me in posting in it. If I know people are looking at it, I'll definitely watch what I put in my mouth! :p

Latest posts

Back