its 2010 now

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luluznewz wrote:
hey everyone! I have a suggestion. I recently got an iphone and it has this really great app called "myfitnesspal". It is also available on the internet. It it's a free program that ask you how much you weigh, how much you want to lose, and how fast you want to lose it.
are. Even if you dont have an iphone you can get the program on the internet!
Thanks for the suggestion! I've had Lose It! on my iPhone for awhile now, but never used it much. Back in the days of my old Palm Pilot, I used a calorie and exercies tracking program, and I did really well with it, as long as I remembered to use it!

I'll try out myfitnesspal. Hopefully I can get myself to actually use it!

Wow guys! That site works really very well for me. I tracked everything I ate yesterday (an average day- not too bad) and it said if I keep it up I will lose 12 pounds more in 5 weeks! Now, if I add exercise on top of that it could be better. It's just the type of thing I need to motivate myself since looking at the scale is just discouraging.

How is everybody doing so far??

Luvmyzoocrew- I'm on the 5th day of the SlimQuick Cleanse- all is going well actually. It's a very gentle cleanse and it's hard as far as cramping and such. Then I will be starting the pills on Monday.

what are the pills, are they the same as slim quick? so the cramping is bad? do you eat regularly on the cleanse or is it not eating, i am not sure how it works.

The pills are just the regular SlimQuick. The cramping is very very minimal- especially compared to other Cleanses. I'd highly recommend doing it at first- just helps you feel better really. I eat as I normally do and just watch the portion sizes... try to put in more vegetables and less carbs... and try to cut out snacking. I'm not following their "guide" because, quite frankly, I don't like the foods listed. Drink LOTS and LOTS of water though if you plan on doing this becuase it helps it along.

so so here. lol

seems like it has just been a hard week or 2 for me. i was really sick, and i have this huge back issue going on, working some crazy hours. lost a friend. and so on and so forth.

but it is a fresh week, and a fresh start. going to work on it.

i have been watching my portion sized, even when not eating all that healthy.

and i still managed to lose 3 pounds.

everyone else?

Katt,

I am so sorry to hear about your friend- condolences. It's great that you lost 3 pounds while still dealing with all of that!

I'm starting on the pills now so we'll see how this goes. Last week I lost about 4 pounds.. I'm hoping to get down to about 180 (5 lbs to go) by next weekend. I set that as a goal for myself and once I reach it I'll go get my hair cut! (That's a big think for me.. LOL!)

Luluznewz wrote:
hey everyone! I have a suggestion. I recently got an iphone and it has this really great app called "myfitnesspal". It is also available on the internet. It it's a free program that ask you how much you weigh, how much you want to lose, and how fast you want to lose it.

From there it calculates how many calories a day you need to eat to lose the weight. You can factor in exercise time. It can tell you how many calories are in all the foods you eat so you can keep track. It seems very accurate and helps me keep on track. I try not to obsess, but its so so easy to loose track of how many calories you are consuming and its nice to stay aware.

I used this app for the first time today, and it seems like it will be a really nice tool for tracking calories/excercise. It has a larger food database than the other free app I had previously tried. I think it will really help, as long as I actually keep up with using it, and actually pay attention to what it is telling me. LOL. I have not used the web interface yet, so can't speak to that.

Still hangin' in there! I'm looking forward to getting back out and walking. My son starts pottery class at the end of the month at the rec center, so I'll walk in the park while he's there.

Can't wait to drag the mountain bike back out!

Pam, it seems like it will be FOREVER until we see the actual GROUND again! I can't wait for spring- I need a new bike (yes, I break everything) and hopefully one of those little wagon/trailer things so jason can be pulled along behind. We live really close to the bike trails so it would be fun to go out sometime.

I'm in! I haven't set a firm date for my wedding just yet, but we're thinking August 14th. I would like to loose 50 lbs by then. I am at like 175, I would like to be down to about 125.

I started working out again yesterday. I am doing the Turbo Jam program. It is great! It's really intense, but I love the results it has given me before. I got it August of 2008, and lost 15 lbs in the first 3 weeks..... then my life got all flipped around, and I am just now getting settled in again, to where I can do what I need to...

Having people to cheer you on really helps. I know that if I wasn't being held accountable, that I wouldn't be able to do it.

My fiance and I are also going to start walking in the evenings. This will do him well too.... He's a good looking guy, but could stand to loose a little. :D

Melinda

Hi...do mind of one more joins?:)

I have to lose MAJOR weight...:grumpy:
I am an awesome cook and love to eat, hate to exercise (I'll run if someone is chasing me) and I can only do limited exercise right now because I'm not supposed to be bending or lifting or halfa dozen other things until I get an all clear from my surgeon( back surgery ). But I can at least get started right?

Since I am married I dragging hubby along for the ride too. If I am going to be miserable I'm taking him with me! :D Besides there is no way I could cook him dinner and not snarffle it or sneak bits in the name of tasting for seasoning! He he he!:biggrin2:

I am currently 251 pounds...at 5 foot 11. (I have been basically sedentary for 7 years!) My doctor wants me at 160-150. So 100lbs give or take!:shock: lol No problem!:grumpy:He is seriously affecting my need for cheesecake!
Hubby is 247lbs and 5 foot 9...but he looks like a miniature football player...so he wants to lose at least 50-60 lbs.

So we started this morning...we are using two diet aids...
Slim Fast shakes...tweeked a bit by yours truly...and Hydroxycut Advanced...
We decided to weigh in every 7 days...it is too depressing to weigh in everyday...annoying too! So we weigh in and then I hide the scales under the bathroom sink till next time!:D

Once we are a bit further into our diet we will probably cut out the diet aids butI have found it is easier to stick withour dietin the beginning with a bit of support!
The Hydroxycut does seem to provide a bit of an energy boost and the Slim Fast...well I'm definitely NOT hungry after I drink it...but I think its because I fear having to drink more! lol;)

I have to say the shakes are working great so far...whenever I got hungry I would look at my shake and decide I wasn't THAThungry!;)Eventually I got hungry enough to finally drink it...yack! lol;)

Has anyone noticed HOW MANY food adds there are on TV when you are hungry and can't have KFC, or pizza?:shock::grumpy:

Danielle

Runestonez wrote:
Slim Fast...well I'm definitely NOT hungry after I drink it...but I think its because I fear having to drink more! lol;)

I have to say the shakes are working great so far...whenever I got hungry I would look at my shake and decide I wasn't THAThungry!;)Eventually I got hungry enough to finally drink it...yack! lol;)

Has anyone noticed HOW MANY food adds there are on TV when you are hungry and can't have KFC, or pizza?:shock::grumpy:

Danielle
Ha ha ha ha ha ha, i have done slim fast in the past and they do get better tasting, i did not like the cappachino ones, yuck!!!!

I have noticed the food adds when i am hungry and when i am sick to my stomach,lol

I always buy2 or 3different flavors because hubby refuses to drink anything but chocolate...so being the stubborn person I am I refuse to drink chocolate. :biggrin2:
So far I am NOT a fan of vanilla but find strawberry tolerable. <snort> I'll probably drink chocolate tomorrow! :biggrin2:lol After hubby goes to work!;)

It is worst when I am cleaning or wandering, drinking my shake, and some goon is on TV sucking back a hot crispy pizza...I just want to haul them through the TV and trade with them! My one absloute weakness is pizza...in case you couldn't tell...:biggrin2:

Danielle

I'm in too!

I've had to be on an insanely strict diet for the past four years which keeps the weight off even though I'm sick to death of it. But because I'm still trying to totally beat lyme disease, it makes it hard to exercise esp along with working (no energy!). Doesn't help that my knees are now wreaked and I'm only 27, lol. So I really want to rebuild strength and get toned again mostly and maybe lose 5-10 lbs.

If I can survive through four years of no sugar, no carbs or flour foods, and no fruit, without going bananas, you guys can totally do this! :D

Weekly grocery shopping and planning meals helps me. And saves a lot of money too! I often cook my weekly dinners/lunches on the weekends and then 1 day mid week so I always have something on hand for a quick meal. And a big bin of pre-washed lettuce in the fridge for effortless quick meals.

When I wanted to stick to working out, I used to rip out pictures of hot chicks in bikinis and post them on my bedroom wall where I worked out, then I would have my goal staring me in the face and keeping me determined! I should do that again, lol.

Back