its 2010 now

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are using a food diary too...it does make you stop and think.
I had to re-think the way I was cooking food too...we tend to use more than a small amount of olive oil when we cook...:)
I had to start thinking of different ways to prepare meals that made them tasty...but had less fats, oils and junk in them.

Ugh and and as much as I HATE to say it...I actually don't mind veggies that much. It just depends how they are prepared!:grumpy::biggrin2:

Katt-the more the merrier!:biggrin2: I try to weigh in every Wednesday morning!

It drives me nuts watching hubby lose weight...he loses weight all over so it looks like more weight loss than it actually is! My legs and face lost weight first...:grumpy:not what I was aiming for! Sheesh!;)

EEWWWWW I had a slim shot and i have to say it was wierd and gross,lol. I am going to post my weight as soon as i get my moms scale over to my house,lol. I weigh around 180-183 and i am 5'4 so i would like to get down to 145-150. I think that would look good on me. Let hope these slim shots start to taste better,lol. Today was day one and i want to get on the scale to see if i am at my goal weight cause i hate watching what i eat,lol. My hubby is sick with some throwing up thing so i have upped my vitamins and i am p raying that i dont get it.

Danielle wtg, you are doing great!!!! Everyone should get a picture of when we first start and then when we get down in weight we can keep posting pics!!!!!!

I weigh about 180-183, i wear a size 16 pants (sometimes i can get into a 14, ha ha if they are stretch material,lol)

Luvmyzoocrew-LOL
So the slim shots taste pretty bad?:biggrin2:

I was thinking of taking a pic at the start...then I decided I would just skim through the pics we already had...:D Don't need anymore of those pics thanks! LOL

I was wearing a size 18 pants...the problem is I'm almost 6 feet tall...so the larger the waistband...the more my ankles hang out! lol Apparently if you are heavy you aren't supposed to have long legs! I am still wearing my size 18 pants...gravity keeps trying to take them but I refuse to buy anymore clothes right now...lol I want to wait till I can justify a whole bunch!:D Besides I still have all my size 10-12 clothes...I was saving them just in case...lol;)
I have only guaranteed that I will stay on the diet till the May long weekend...we have been eating chicken, turkey and fish for the most part...not too much in red meats. But once the BBQ season starts...I make no guarantees. I would like to think if we can stay on the diet till then it will be more of a lifestyle change by then and we can maintain what we have already lost!<<fingers crossed>>
But I do so LOVE BBQing! :biggrin2:

AND My MIL has fnally gotten the HINT! :pinkbouce:
We haven't gone over for dinner since the last time...even with our portions cut back we ate WAY too many calories! :grumpy: With small portions we still ended up with over 4000 calories...makes me wonder how much we were eating before when we would stuff our faces!:grumpy:
She called this weekend past and asked if we would come back for dinner andasked if we done our diet yet...I told her no we weren't done and if she wanted us to come for dinner we would bring our own with us...it actually worked quite well...she thought we were starving our selves...but we showed up with Caesar salad, broiled turkey breast with cooked bell peppers...and low fat yogurt for dessert.
She was surprised. She thought we were eating next to nothing!:biggrin2:

We still had to argue over chocolates after dinner...but round one goes to us!:biggrin2:

I'm a bit frustrated because I haven't been able to get to the gym as much as desired lately - just SWAMPED with school work and pet sits, not to mention plenty of bad weather making the roads too unsafe to risk a drive out to the gym. But, last time I went, I was able to up the resistance on the eliptical machine by two, go for 30 min on my normal speed, AND go at maximum speed for 5 minutes. So I'm pretty excited by that improvement, seeing as when I started I could handle maybe 10 min of moderate intensity on a low resistance.

Of course, everyone and their mother decided to send me restaurant gift cards as a congratulations on the engagement. However, I find that virtually any restaurant has some reasonably healthy options as long as you resist the temptation to eat the junk. Lots of steamed veggies, rice and beans, etc. on my plate when we go out to eat!

I admit I was a little naughty lately - too much indulging in quick junk food due to my busy schedule - but I'm back on track and have lost another couple of pounds. I believe I've lost 7lbs overall, which means I'm only a few pounds away from my goal of losing 10lbs. I think I have more actual FAT than that to work off though; I want to build more muscle weight and lose more fat weight until I'm a more appropriate body condition.

ha ha Danielle. Glad you won round one,lol. the slim shots wouldnt be so bad if i would stop belching and tasting them, eewwwwww. They just have an oil type taste. the hubby said mix it with your yogurt, but my reasoning to not doing that is , if it taste bad a s hot is over and done with quick if i put it in my yogurt and it is horrible then my WHOLE yogurt is going to taste bad,lol, it takes longer to eat yogurt then to do a shot,lol

i love BBQ'ing too!!!!!! meat comes out great on the grill,lol. ok enough about food i am going to get hungry.

Does anyone know if trail mix is good. i bought a trail mix that has cashews, almonds, raisins and of course m&m's in it. I have heard that almonds are good at staving off hunger but is it ok to eat all the nuts in it?

hey i just thought of something cruel, i should be really skinny i have four kids and three rabbits,lol. Everytime you come out with any kind of food the kids always want a piece, divide what you have into 5 pieces and i should barely have any food for myself, then the buns, when i came out with a banana today they were all going nuts so i had to give them each a piece and then the kids want some so what is left for me?!?!?!?!?!?! lol

Does anyone know if trail mix is good. i bought a trail mix that has cashews, almonds, raisins and of course m&m's in it. I have heard that almonds are good at staving off hunger but is it ok to eat all the nuts in it?

Trail mix can be ok but nuts are its loaded with calories, so keep the portions small. I think a portion of nuts is around 1 oz and that has 1-2 hundred calories. Also watch out for salt intake if you are eating salted nuts.

I suggest a home-made trailmix if you're on a diet; most commercial ones are loaded with milk chocolate, salt, refined carbs, and of course SUGAR. A lot of dried fruit, granola, etc. has added sugar.

That being said, a home made trailmix can be a great source of protein, fiber, and fruit if you're on the run and need a high-energy, low bulk food. Raw almonds, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, etc. are great sources of healthy fats and oils, plus protein. Just be sure to eat in moderation; they're high in calories!

Unsweeted and unsulfered dehydrated fruit can be an easier way to meet your fruit needs than lugging around a cooler full of fresh fruit. However, I suggest selecting for your mix the "powerhouse" fruits rather than things like raisins and apples, which are a lot of sugar but not a lot of anything else; goji berries, cranberries, mango, papaya, acai berry, etc.

If you prefer something crunchy over chewy, the "Just (Insert Fruit/Veg here)" brand of dried fruit is freeze dried rather than dehydrated, making it nice and crispy. I buy the "Just Organic Peas" and munch on them in lieu of pretzels and chips.

Finally, while many trail mixes have pretzels, cereal, etc. I suggest avoiding refined carb sources like this, esp while dieting. If you MUST have some crispy, carby things in there, I would suggest something rice based, as it tends to be lower calorie and more nutritious than wheat based foods.

Oh, and of course, if you're going to have chocolate in general (chocolate CAN be healthy in moderation), M&Ms aren't the way to go ;) High % coco dark chocolate has many healthy benefits in moderation, but sugary candy-coated milk chocolate has none.

Good Morning!:biggrin2:
It's Wednesday again!

This mornings weigh in: me at 226lbs...and hubby at 222lbs...

Weight loss to date:
-25.5lbs for me
-25lbs for hubby
*still waiting to cross back into the 100's again...:bunnydance:

I really find it irritating that hubby loses weight all over...I lost weight first in my legs...then my butt fell off...I am proud he is sticking to his diet...albeit LOUDLY...but sticking just the same;)...he looks like the paperbag princess...all his clothes are HUGE on him now!

How is everyone else doing so far??:D

way to go Danielle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I havent weighed myself yet, but we are all sick here, my and the kids have been getting sick all night long and i feel like crap right now, so i will get back into watching what i am eating in a day or so once i am feeling back on track

Thought I'd revive this thread again...

Is ANYONE still out there?
Sticking to their plan!?

Ah...come on! I've been hungry since January!:cry2
Anyone?

Danielle;)

I decided that a bigger goal for me to get past first is the smoking thing. And I am almost completely done smoking (I am thinking maybe another week at the most, as right now I am down to about 1 a day when I work, none when I don't work).

But it is KILLING me, because even eating healthy I have gained about 13 pounds in the process of quitting. And it is really bothering me.

So I hope to start to really work more at it once I stop smoking. But I am eating healthier in the meantime. Lots of veggies and fruit.

Well I have fallen off the horse. I have had a crazy week. I started drinking tea again and not doing good time to get back on.

I've been sticking to my plan. I've been attending a pain clinic/rehab program so I"ve been exercising a lot more. I started in Feb with 2x/week and then april is 3x/week, may will be 4x/week and June is 5x/week. So hopefully by the summer i'm going to be fit and feeling better. So far its helped a LOT with my pain(headaches & backpain) and i've been feeling over all better(less tired, much more energy, less achy, sleep better). They have me doing 25mins on the treadmill, 20mins on the bike, stretches and some strengthening exercises. At first it sucked, after doing it I hurt all over and felt like crap. But after a few weeks I started feeling better and now I actually like doing it because I feel better after it.

I already eat healthy so the diet thing hasn't been too much of an issue(except gummy and sour candies!!!). But last week I started on a totally gluten free diet to see if it would help my stomach issues. It hasn't been too bad. Gluten free products sure have come a long way in the taste and texture department then when I did it 5 years ago,lol.

I haven't lost much more weight, I'm still down 25-30lbs from Jan '09, but I've noticed a reduction in inches. My clothes fit much better and I've gone down 2 belt sizes! I also had to take out on of the links in my watch as it was too loose now, lol.

OK so some things i've learned that might help some of you guys that are struggling.
- Schedule it and stick to it! If I dont' schedule in my exercise times I don't do them. You can't use lack of time as an excuse either. Everyone can schedule 20-30mins of exercise time a day. If you have time to watch tv, you have time to exercise. Do both at the same time. Don't skip it just because you dont' want to. If you start getting into the habit of doing it on a regular basis it becomes easier.

- Find an exercise you like doing or do something you like while you exercise. When I'm on the treadmill I either watch my favorite tv show or listen to music. Or when I'm on the bike, I play my xbox or a game on my ipod or read. If you keep your mind distracted it doesn't seem as long and boring. Playing some of the exercise games on the wii is also great. I use EA sports active and like it.

-As for the diet, don't have any "bad" foods in the house. If you dont' have anything unhealthy to tempt you, you can't eat it. Keep healthy snacks around so when you get hungry they are there and ready. Or if you want "treat" foods like icecream but those icecream bars that are portioned out into 90-120cal bars, or the other snack foods that come in calorie portioned packages. It will give you the treat but in a "healthier" quantity. I like the "skinny cow" or Dove's 120 cal fudge bars.

- Plan your meals ahead of time. This one is HUGE for me. I find that when I dont' have anything planned out, its late and i'm hungry is when I end up making bad food choices. I plan the night before what i'm going to make and have it ready(thawing etc) for that night. I also am a big fan of making freezer meals. Once every month or 2 I make big batches of meals for the freezer. That way there is less actual daily cooking involved and I can make everything healthy instead of pre packages meals. I also prep all my veggies as soon as I buy them. I clean all the veggies and have them cut up. That way they are ready for lunches or snacks when i'm hungry.

- Dont' diet!!! You need to change your diet but that doens't mean going on a diet and being hungry. If you are eating a healthy diet you will be very full as its a LOT of food to eat each day. If you are eating 7-10 fruits and veg, and 5-10 whole grain products you won't be hungry at all. If you are hungry or starving yourself you won't stick to your "diet". Its a lifestyle change, not a starvation diet.

Anyhoo, Just thought i'd try to help. At first it seemed like a lot of work to change but now that its been a few months of me doing it, it really wasn't too bad. You just have to make the commitment to yourself that you want to change your lifestyle. It sucks at the beginning but if you stick to it after a few weeks its totally worth it.

Hubby and I have been sticking to our diet!

We started off really strict and have branched out to include other foods!
I HATE HATE HATE veggies...always have but finally I have started to develop a taste for them! lol 4 months into our diet I'd have gone berzerk by now if I hadn't! :D

I have gotten to the point now that I can keep icecream in the fridge without doing a late night ninja sneak attack on it! :D ;)

So we started out with hubby at 247 pounds and me at (gulp:scared:) 251 pounds...
Hubby is at 214 pounds and I am at 215 pounds to date.
So a total loss of33 pounds for hubby since January and I have lost 36 pounds so far.

We went through a period where we kind of plateaued and didn't lose much more than a half pound here and there...but finally broke through this week and are continuing! :)

Hubby has finally stopped crying about the "lack" of food...(lack refers to the inability to help ones self to seconds or thirds)...and I have been buying healthier foods and things we wouldn't usually eat like bulgar and quinoa! lol I don't use oil or butter anymore...we use almost no sugar except in our morning coffee or tea...we eat mostly chicken and fish with the odd steak to keep hubby tummies happy! I have finally converted him to chicken sausage instead of his parents home made pork sausage! His mom calls every week to see if we are still dieting...she almost seems like she is going to cry at times! lol ;)

So we are still plugging along...slowly slowly...but getting there!:)

Danielle:)

I have lost 27 pounds sense the twins where 3 months old.

I cant afford to eat great so we make due.

I am only on water no coffee nothing to and try at least exercise on a bike or a walk on the beach 4 to 6 times a week.

I need to get on a routine of some sort soon

Still sticking to it, my fiancee decided it would be good to dig out the old mountain bikes and do some cycling, thing he forgot is they've been collecting dust for years and whenever he last used his bike, he had a puncture and someone put the back tire on the wrong way round, this of course needed sorting which has resulted in the past 2 days being spent trying to fix it lol! It is now finally sorted and we are hoping to go for our first ride tomorrow, but not as far as we first thought we were going to go as, just a few laps round the garden reminded us that we hadn't done this in a while as, our thighs and butts were killing us lol!

Latest posts

Back