its 2010 now

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My one absolute weakness is pizza too! And pasta and fresh baked bread. Mmmm. UGH :(. Kills me every time my bf or roommate gets pizza and I want to die because I can't eat it and the smell is everywhere!!! Lol.

I found a really yummy super healthy protein shake mix, it's called Paleo Meal, it isn't pre-mixed in cans, but it tastes good! At least I think so. Strawberry is my fav and it is yummy mixed into yogurt too!

Athena

Runestonez wrote:
Has anyone noticed HOW MANY food adds there are on TV when you are hungry and can't have KFC, or pizza?:shock::grumpy:
I started noticing all the food ads after I stopped eating meat in October. Hardly any of those commercials feature anything I can actually eat! I still eat fish, and there is the odd fish ad, but otherwise it's almost all beef and chicken. :grumpy:

I finally got fed up this morning and turned the TV off...
Guess I can add a lifestyle to change to my plans! lol:biggrin2:

Hey Raspberry you don't happen to be Italian do you?;)

My MIL just called...both hubby and I have birthdays coming up soon and she has decided she is making dinner for us...which is fine...so hubby told her we are on a diet so we would prefer just a bit of salad (this would be an Italian bit)...she wants to make pasta, bruschetta, sausages, proscuitto, scorcha...the list goes on followed by a very large cake (since it is for two of us)...she says don't worry it is only one day what could it hurt...
I think I might poke her in the eye next time I see her...:grumpy:

Danielle

Runestonez wrote:
I think I might poke her in the eye next time I see her...:grumpy:

Danielle

HAHA!! Oh, I know the feeling! My hubby, on the other hand, is a skinny but well-built guy. We're about the same size, really. When we first started dating we could even wear eachothers pants (silly, right?)!

Think of it this way, atleast he told her.. ;)

well, the past few days have not been very healthy. . . like i told someone last night

"the only healthy choice i have made today was to eat ORGANIC double fudge ice cream for dessert after my taco bell"

lol, but i am working on it starting today

tonight for dinner i am having steamed bok choy with tofu (i am wicked excited cause i found a place that MAKES their own tofu, so none of this pre-packed weird tasting stuff i get at the big box store. . . so happy)

also bought a lunch box to start taking healthy snacks to work with me. going to make some stuff up today to get me thru the next 4 days of work!

JUST an FYI to everybody- the weight watcher's lunches sold at wal-mart are actually very tasty and filling! So don't be afraid to try them for fear they may taste like cardboard- lol! (I Was)

:Dlol Dyemond!
Hubby is a fair bit shorter in the leg then me...but I wear all his shirts and sweaters!
It drives him nuts!
:biggrin2:
It's not the TELLING of the mother in law thats the problem...its the mother in law understanding! Even the salad is going to have copious amounts of olive oil and vinegar on it! When we're too heavy they say we need to diet...we diet and we're too thin! Can't win either way! :D

I REALLY need to stick to this this time round! No "only this once" or "I'll make up for it tomorrow"...sticking with it to the bitter end! lol;)

Danielle

Danielle, I hear you about the in-laws!
When I am invited to someone's house for dinner, I in no way expect them to produce a fancy vegan spread. But I do think it is fair that if they knowingly invite a vegetarian, they provide at least one think I can eat. However, my MIL invites my husband and I for roast beef and mashed potatoes that have chicken stock in them? What?! I would be perfectly fine eating just mashed potatoes, if she'd made them with butter/milk (and they'd taste better, too!), but no! There was a salad, but she expects about 2 cups of salad to be enough for 4 people, so I pretty much just sat there drinking water while everyone else ate. Nice.

(Now, I demand to know the menu before we go, and if it's a meaty meal I just stay home.)

Some good news......My work had a program this year called "No Pain No Gain." It was over the holidays, and the premise was that you don't have to gain weight during the holidays, and anyone who signed up and didn't gain any weight during the 8 weeks would get a $25 Visa gift card. (It did not stop them from handing out 5-lb caramel apple pies for Thanksgiving, or the 2-gallon popcorn tins at Christmas.) The weigh-out was today, and I somehow lost 2 lbs! I know, 2 lbs over 8 weeks is not a fantastic weight loss, but it's better than gaining! Woohoo!!

I have been using the MyFitnessPal app this week, and I think it's really helping my keep track of my calories. I like that it shows other nutrients, too, and the website is pretty good. I always have my phone on me, so hopefully I can keep using it. I think if I can stick with that, I will be able to lose more weight. The instant feedback helps me.

I am going to lose a little weight.

I mean, I am not fat but I am not stick skinny! I weigh 9 stone which is a bit worrying for my age(13)

When I was at the doctors, getting the flu needle I asked him about my weight and he said it was fine because I am not fat or anything, that it is just muscle

I need to exercise! I do no exercise at all, just a walk with the dog would be it lol.

Just for the rest of us Americanized people...what is a stone in lbs or kg?:biggrin2:

Beth-I would be upset too...its one thing if they don't understand...its another if they just do it on purpose! My MIL knows I don't eat veal...not that I don't like it...I choose not to...so she sneaks it in meatballs, pasta, cutlets...she was mad as heck that I refused to serve it at our wedding...we served chicken parmigiana instead!

Danielle

Has anyone else done a weigh-in yet?
Wednesday is a weird day for a weigh-in...but that was the day I got tired of excuses as to why we couldn't start our diet yet! lol

Today was our one week weigh-in since we started our diet...I always like the first couple of weeks because it seems like the weight is flying off...then it slows down and you actually have to work at it.:p

Starting weight: 251.5lbs Todays weight: 240.5lbs
Total loss to date...11lbs!:biggrin2:
...and another 89lbs to go!

As thesad little Hubbyvoice in the shower asked me this morning..."Can we stop now?":biggrin2:

Danielle

haven't lost or gained lol

i have been doing terrible at eating healthy though.

going today to pick up some free weights and a work out video to start doing every day. and i really do want to start to eat healthy, just have had a lot of stuff going on the past few weeks that have kept me otherwise pre-occupied

btw GREAT job on the weight loss, that is amazing! and i know you will lose the rest!

Haven't weighed in lately. I need to buy a new scale, one thats digital.The one we have at home isn't acurate at all, I use it more as a guide to see if its moving up or down, not so much for the numbers. I got weighed at the doctors last month and i'm going again next month. I'll ask for those numbers.

But I've been doing pretty good with the excercise. I lent my EA sports active Wii game to my brother at Xmas, so I've just been doing the tredmill. I"ve been doing it every 2-3 days for a min of 30 minutes, so that equals out to a couple times a week. I haven't gotten out to aquacise in a while as I haven't been feeling good and its easier to stay home and fit the tredmill in when I'm feeling up to it.

My jeans are definitely starting to fit better around the tummy area.

Runestonez wrote:
Just for the rest of us Americanized people...what is a stone in lbs or kg?:biggrin2:

Beth-I would be upset too...its one thing if they don't understand...its another if they just do it on purpose! My MIL knows I don't eat veal...not that I don't like it...I choose not to...so she sneaks it in meatballs, pasta, cutlets...she was mad as heck that I refused to serve it at our wedding...we served chicken parmigiana instead!

Danielle
Even though I never grew up with stones and feet and inches I have a rough idea that a stone is about 6.5 kg. But I guess it depends on the size of stone:biggrin2:

Just for the rest of us Americanized people...what is a stone in lbs or kg?

1 stone is 14lbs and 14lbs is about 6.5kg(6.35kg)

The weird thing is in Canada we use metric(cm,kg) but we still used lbs and inches when talking about our height and weight. The doctors take it in cm and kg but will also convert it to tell us in lbs and feet/inches. Like if you ask someone how much they weigh here 99% will answer in lbs and I bet half won't even know their weight in kg, lol.

lol

I always answer in lbs and inches...although I remember learning the metric system in school our family has always used imperial!
What REALLY threw me was when Zehrs switched to grams at the deli counter...now what was I supposed to do? lol I made hubby order our luncheon meats instead!:biggrin2:

Danielle

:bump

how is everyone doing? if ya'll are like me, then not so great at all.

i ate at olive garden last night. . . i can't remember the last time i ate that much. bad katie.

so i am going to re-start everything. tomorrow is monday, so i will be working on it first thing when i wake up.

i am going to try the food diary thing. have it all planned out. what i want to eat for the day w/ serving sizes and cals, and what i end up eating for the day w/ serving sizes and cals.

a chart for a weekly weigh in.

ect.

because i am so OCD i think this will help me stay focused.

when i have it all planned out i will post a pic as an example of how i am setting up my fat diary. .. lol

because i am into art, it has to be pretty! lol

okay, off to shower and get ready for my day!

anyone lose lots of weight yet?

I have been keeping a diet diary since we started last week...
It is a depressing experience. It has made merealize how poorly we have been eating.:(
I have been logging serving size, calories in...overall daily calories.
Our second weigh in is this Wednesday and so far we have stuck to our plan...I think the first week is the hardest...the second week is barginning with yourself over portion sizes and how awful a few extra calories could possibly be...hopefully week three will be easier!:)<fingers crossed>

Danielle

Well, only about 7 pounds lost here- atleast that's better than nothing though. I'm DETERMINED this week to lose 2.8 lbs though-that's going to be a tough one but I know I can do it.

On the rabbity side though I just checked the New Zealand Sweepstakes points this morning and we are 3rd for Whites in open!!! YEAH!! Time to celebrate.. though not w/ food.. lol!

I'm arriving late but, I'd like to lose at least a few pounds. I don't have much to lose, but I was on anti-biotics that required I eat a lot of heavy meals to prevent stomach upsets. Paired with not feeling good enough to exercise much, I put on a good 7-8lbs which I would like to lose. More importantly though, I've managed to become one of those thin/average but out of shape people, which I hate! I used to be so muscular with such great endurance, now I'm all pale and flabby and weak. So on top of losing fat, I want to put on muscle. This probably means a gain in weight since muscle weighs more than fat, but I think I'll be able to tell a good gain vs. a bad gain by the consistency of my gut, butt, and thighs! (lol) Ideally I want to lose fat and put on muscle before the summer so I will be in good condition to hike and kayak a'plenty.

So, good luck to everyone who is also working on getting in shape and shedding pounds.

Back