I think Charlie has EC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iknow what you mean by the bunny feeling fragile ..it's as if their is no firmness to them

I certainly hope that you can get to the bottom of her problems and meanwhile we'll hope for the best :pray:

As far not having traction is it that Charlie legs seem to go out from under her and then she catches herself? It sounds neurological to me.

See if they can put her in a trance on her back. Smitten didn't even need anysedation during her ultrasound or even the needle aspiration.

No Charlie's feet do not slide out from under her..she just doesn't tuck them up when i pick her up all the time..she hop's around just fine though...but it's when i pick her up that i notice it....with EC can it affect both their leg's?...with Pippi it was just his left rearleg.

I cannot wait to get the test result's back...but i'm nervous about it as well...but at least having a full blood panel done...something has to tell us something.

Thankyou so much to you both :)

Also just wanted to post a picture....Dr Lee had taken the blood from her neck...she was such a good girl.

Picture853.jpg

Picture851.jpg

I know... Charlie is just the cutest...when she was little i thought she was a boy..hence the name Charlie lol....but i just love that name for a girl or boy anyway....i was going to name my son that name when he was born.

She also look's so much like her dad Pippi....every time i look at her..i see my sweet baby boy.

Thanks for the good thought's Jim..it's much appreciated as i'm worrying about getting these test result's tomorrow....i really hope i don't get any bad new's.

I will be keeping my finger's crossed.

I'm on my way in a few minutes to drop Charlie of at the vet to have her x ray done,have to drop my son of at school first though.

I have just come back from dropping her off....she gave me this very sad look....i hate that look!,it make's my heart ache for them so much....i hope for good new's as well.

Charlie's xray results came back all clear...Dr Lee could not find anything wrong...i was so glad for the good news but there is still a problem of having no answers...Dr Lee said it could be neurological....he's still thinking it could be EC....but her blood tests have come back ok...it's really fustrating!.

Also it say's this on Charlie's report...slight Anisocytosis Polychromasia..when she had blood taken..Dr Lee also did a smear sample...but i'm just not sure what this mean's...

Edited to add,i will post the blood testresults in a bit

[align=left]From what I gather, this means her blood cells didn't have a normal amount of hemoglobin in them (they had a funny color, polychromasia) and they were all sorts of different shapes (anisocytosis: an-iso=not the same, cytosis=of cells). Not sure that helps. Hope we can find something out there that explains better and/or says why.:?
[/align]

Thanks so much Tonyshuman...i appreciate that...but i'm still kinda confused as to what it mean'sthough :?...I wasn't able to callDr Leeyesterday and i won't be able to call him today because those are his day's off.

pla725 wrote:
I think it is anemia.

Dr Lee had mentiond that something was a bit low in one of her blood results...that's probably what he was talking about...i was on my mobile phone when he called and the road was so busy,i couldn't hear very well.

Dr Lee was saying that he's not to concerned at this stage because it's only slight...but now i need to know why...why is she like that?

I'm still thinking it could be the same thing that Smitten has. Her blood work was also slightly abnormal. She was also anemic. I would suggest reading the info I put in Smitten's thread. It may help. I can't think any more right now. I'm too tired.

Latest posts

Back