I think Charlie has EC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep...i still definitely think something is going on,i'm still thinking EC....i will have to see if i can still get Pippi's tests results,so then i can compare them together...

I don't know why Charlie would be anemic though?...i wonder what the reason could be :?

Charlie's blood test results...all came back ok....but thenso did Pippi's:?

Picture871.jpg

Oh dear. I hope you can figure something out. I would think with EC there would be more problems on the blood test, since it attacks the kidneys. But if Pippi's results were the same way I just don't know.

:pray: that things turn out ok and you figure out what's up.

slavetoabunny wrote:
What is the line item "CK" (first column-bottom)? The result looks way high compared to the reference range.

Hmm..i have no idea....Dr Lee had given me the results over the phone and just said that everything looks ok...but i just don't know.

When Pippi was having his health issues he also had blood tests done and everything came back ok....he had to also have a blood test to check to see if he had kidney failure...otherwise the Dr said that if he did have it then it wouldn't have been fair and safeto operate on him....but the results came back fine.

I don't understand either after Pippi had all these tests done to him but nothing ever showed up yet he was slipping away no matter what test had been done to him....it was after Dr Lee ran out of option's that we then discovered that it was EC that was wasting him away....it took five months to discover it...and i'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to Charlie.

But there may also be another reason for this as well.....just gotta find what :?

cheryl wrote:
At first when i got these results,i didn't take much notice of it because i didn't understand anything on it,and now that Patti has pointed something out to me,i then noticed a few other's as well..on both side's and they are written in a darker black colour:?

Cheyl..do you have the book "rabbit health in the 21st century?"
It has a lot of infor re. the meaning of lab results. it is true that some Highs are meaningless or attributed to stress in the bunny.

I don't know the significance of the MCH MCHC in hematology panel,however you can specifically ask the Dr what that implicates. .. it may be insignificant. MCH is the ratio of hemoglobin to RBC and MCHC is the ratio of hemoblobin to hematocrit
The hemoglobin is the oxygen carrying cells : the hematocrit are the measure of packed cell volume of red cells expressed as a %of the total blood volume
The primary test that are looked at when diagnosing kidney disease are
Red blood count (RBC)

Creatinine and

Blood urea nitrogen BUN)

additional tests that are considered include electrolytes (sodium, potassium chloride,

calcium and phosphorus

I cannor find a specific value called a CK? but if it is the CPK the results are usually abnormally high in rabbits.

i am not a vet and am getting this info from kathy smith's book so I cannot put all this together. for you.

it is best to ask the vet specifically about every high and low that concerns you as I have done this myself and the vet is able to put the total lab vaues in context.

Cheryl .
the MCH is the ratio of the hemoglobin totheRBC ; the MCHC is the ratio of the hemoglobin to hematocrit. Hemoglobin is the portion of the blood that carries oxygen to the cellsHematocrit is a measure of packed cell volume expressed as % of the total blood volume . The abnormal levels could be insignificant but you should specifically ask your Dr. how this relates to the the total picture.
The primary blood test for determining kidney diseae are
Red Blood Count RBC
Creatinine

Blood urea nitrogen
additional test that are considered are the electrolytes sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium and phosphorus

I'm not sure about CK?

If it is CPK the results usually come back abnormally high in rabbits.
I am not a vet and am not able to put the whole pic together but i would make a point of asking your vet what each high and low means . I have done this myself with my rabbits.

This info was obtained from kathy Smith's book
maureen

Thank's angieluv...i wasn't to worried about some of those result's as i'm sure Dr Lee would have said something anyway....he just said that she's a bit low in something but i cannot remember what it is now.

Charlie still does the weirdthing with her leg's as well :?

Latest posts

Back