I really hate to do this. (re: aggressive bunny)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so is it bad the whole name change thing gave me another topic for to use for the monthly discussion.

Amy to much freedom but I am having a thought....

I have alway done new start new name.

Sugar did not role off my tong when Jessi came.

She went through about four names in a week before we decided on Jessi.

So I think it may be the bun. Maybe Amy could call both names tell we know for sure if he is going home.

Or if he is home.

I really just think the whole "name change" is getting a bit too blown out of the water :p. All of my pets here in this household (foster or not) get a name change when they enter AND get called so many different nicknames that it pretty much doesn't make a difference to them what they are called.

My cat, Juju, was "Jupiter" before coming here. I hated "Jupiter", so we went to "Jupe". I hated that after about a month so he became one of his nicknames "Juju" - aaaaand now he will happily respond to "Toots", "Toodles", "Doodles", "JuJi", "ToooTooooToooToooTOODLES!"....among a million other names. Every since one of my rabbits responds to a million different nick names. I talk to each animal in a different tone of voice, so I do believe that is really what they are after here.

---------------

I probably won't have much more to update today because I'm just going to sit by his cage and let him know he's going in for a neuter hopefully this week, that I'm not going to hurt him, tell him he doesn't need to act out, etc because I'm a believer that animals know what we are saying/thinking even if a lot of us people can't grip onto what they are saying/feeling back to us :).

I think the name change is fine; at fist it botherd me only because it was the "Change" of knowing he isn't "mine" anymore..and the feelings that came with that.

Lets hope he does better..

And it amazing how high he can jump! lol!

Again, I extend my gratitude to you Amy!

I think I'm going to call him "Damon", since he left some pretty nice fang bites in my arm flub :).

I will start a blog for his progress soon and in there I will reference all of those past biting threads and stuff.

In closing, here is a cute picture that I got of him yesterday :p....

4488385648_63b481e521.jpg

Myia09 wrote:
I think the name change is fine; at fist it botherd me only because it was the "Change" of knowing he isn't "mine" anymore..and the feelings that came with that.

Lets hope he does better..
I will be helping Amy as much as I can. The change can be hard but sometimes for the best. Sometimes the right thing is the hardest thing. :highfive:Takes a strong person to admit when they need help.

I dont have much to say on this other than it seems like everyone is trying to be really supportive.

I also wanted to add a little story about a dog I had. She was a really really great sweet dog, but she had been abused in the past. There was this one incredibly sweet neighobor of ours that scared her SO badly. For some reason she just couldn't stand her. There was no reason at all for it, but the dog just had a wired tick.

I'm not at all sure if this is the case of sheriff, maybe you got him as a baby, but sometimes animals are just weird and pick people to vent their own issues on.

Also, with my horses, sometimes they go through "fighting" phases with their owners. Its just when you spend so so long with an animal trying to "train" them or do whats best for them, they go through a phase of resenting you. I've always gotten through those phases (they were WAY more minor then sheriff).

I guess I just wanted to say that you seem like a really really good rabbit owner. I mean...hes a rabbit. Yes they are smart, but he really just acts on impulses that we cant always understand. Its not like you did anything to set this all off.

Way to make the best of a really hard situation!

He goes in for a neuter Friday at 7am and I can pick him up later in the afternoon, so probably at about 4:30pm (after I get off of school & pick Ryan up) :).

I guess Friday will be good because I'm trying to sell a lot of fabric I no longer need, one of my SP GIANT cages (even though I'd rather not :(), and a bulk of rat hammocks I don't use. I'd just rather not put his neuter on the credit card if I don't have to.

undergunfire wrote:
He goes in for a neuter Friday at 7am and I can pick him up later in the afternoon, so probably at about 4:30pm (after I get off of school & pick Ryan up) :).

I guess Friday will be good because I'm trying to sell a lot of fabric I no longer need, one of my SP GIANT cages (even though I'd rather not :(), and a bulk of rat hammocks I don't use. I'd just rather not put his neuter on the credit card if I don't have to.

Sorry I can't help any sooner. Jessi goes in the same day though so we will be having recovering bunnies the same day.

I hope all goes well.

Are you sure Amy? Its not that I don't believe your ability to see balls (lol) but I checked myself and paid for a vet visit who told me there was none just a week ago.

Can you take photos of his behind, or maybe hold him down and feel? I know Pinballs you could still feel them even if they "Put them inside" and they were SUPER noticalbe..I think I would have noticed Sheriff's (Since I was looking for them especially)

I will post here that I simply can't help Amy out fully since I wasnt expecting the nueter until a couple months..I can make weekly payments but that is it.

Amy- I just got some money from my grandparents for Easter, hehe. :D
I would be more than happy to put some towards his neuter to help ya out.

Just let me know!

Myia09 wrote:
Are you sure Amy? Its not that I don't believe your ability to see balls (lol) but I checked myself and paid for a vet visit who told me there was none just a week ago.
Ha :pConnor was girl on Tuesday and on Wensday he was a boy....

I haven't read the whole thread here but I just wanted to say that Marley used to be TERRIBLE with cage aggression so I know how hard it can be! I have scars! She used to mainly scratch but she nipped at me and lunged and tried to bite. This went on for a long while and I didn't know what to do. I was frustrated. I couldn't get her spayed anytime soon and I was loosing my mind! lol However, she has calmed down a ton (she's 2 now) and barely ever lunges or grunts! I haven't had her spayed yet either. She is the SWEETEST thing ever. She just craves love and attention. She'll put her paws in my lap and beg for nose rubs. She's an 11lbs french lop too. :)

Just a reminder that soliciting for donations is against RO policy. Occasionally it's allowed, especially for friends of the forum, but not without prior approval. When they are approved, the funds must be sent to the clinic, not the individual.

sas :thanks:

No one is soliciting... :?

A few of us just told Amy we would be willing to help, she didn't even ask.

Happi Bun wrote:
No one is soliciting... :?

A few of us just told Amy we would be willing to help, she didn't even ask.

Amy did say on the last page "Donations accepted" :)

But I am sure everyone wants to! But we have to follow fourm rules

EDITED BY ADMIN

And yes....I saw balls...he is running around on the floor right now and I can see them every time he hops away. I'll even try my best to get a picture of it....even if I have to lay on the floor all night.

Aaaand....just now he came running to me and I placed my hand on his head (pushed it to the floor) and reached back there.....DEFINITELY SQUISHY NASTY BUNNY BALLS :p.

undergunfire wrote:
".....DEFINITELY SQUISHY NASTY BUNNY BALLS :p.
:roflmao:

I'm dying laughing here because I wish Ryan had been there with a camera so we could've seen the look on you rface.

I'm sorry - I understand how you must be feeling - sometimes I have to look away when Hermes is out playing because I almost want to blush.

Latest posts

Back