I ran out of hay..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myself find that breeding should have a purpose. For example showing or keeping a breed alive, then we have people that breed for jumping.

All the mixed breeds on the side without paperwork and have no idea what genetics the bunnies have. Is just irresponsible breeding in my eyes.

For me a responsible breeder vaccinate their kits before selling them or at least make sure the mothers are vaccinated which will give the kits certain protection until the buyers can do it themself.

They also make sure to write a paplet on how to take care of the bunnies and have contact with the buyer many years later. So they can know where the bunnies are and if the buyer can’t keep the bunny. The breeder step in and take the bunny back and try to rehome the bunny. They want to know if the bunny dies and would like to know how if it where any specific cause. So they know if it’s something wrong with the match up. Then we have breeders that try to keep a certain breed alive, so it don’t die out. I respect these breeder for they do a good job even though the breed don’t have any buyer. These breeders in my eyes are responsible breeders and do their best. Myself still have contact with my breeder after buying my netherland dwarf 3 years ago.

I can still write to her if I have any questions and ask for help.

Myself would never breed bunnies because the work behind is such a hassle and you often don’t get any money from it. But the mayor part I don’t have the space, money or time for being a good breeder.

Just thinking about trying to find good homes, keep the contact with owners and so on. Is really a lot of work. I know of a few good breeders that quit because they just had troubles finding good homes and a few of their bunnies ended up at bad places even though they put down a lot of work. So they started a rehoming business instead of breeding. Maybe you can also do rehoming and fostering bunnies 😊

Myself find that breeding should have a purpose. For example showing or keeping a breed alive, then we have people that breed for jumping.

All the mixed breeds on the side without paperwork and have no idea what genetics the bunnies have. Is just irresponsible breeding in my eyes.

For me a responsible breeder vaccinate their kits before selling them or at least make sure the mothers are vaccinated which will give the kits certain protection until the buyers can do it themself.

They also make sure to write a paplet on how to take care of the bunnies and have contact with the buyer many years later. So they can know where the bunnies are and if the buyer can’t keep the bunny. The breeder step in and take the bunny back and try to rehome the bunny. They want to know if the bunny dies and would like to know how if it where any specific cause. So they know if it’s something wrong with the match up. Then we have breeders that try to keep a certain breed alive, so it don’t die out. I respect these breeder for they do a good job even though the breed don’t have any buyer. These breeders in my eyes are responsible breeders and do their best. Myself still have contact with my breeder after buying my netherland dwarf 3 years ago.

I can still write to her if I have any questions and ask for help.

Myself would never breed bunnies because the work behind is such a hassle and you often don’t get any money from it. But the mayor part I don’t have the space, money or time for being a good breeder.

Just thinking about trying to find good homes, keep the contact with owners and so on. Is really a lot of work. I know of a few good breeders that quit because they just had troubles finding good homes and a few of their bunnies ended up at bad places even though they put down a lot of work. So they started a rehoming business instead of breeding. Maybe you can also do rehoming and fostering bunnies 😊
What about , jasmine the bunny who's pregnant .
Do i have to give her away ?

You can keep her and find new homes for the kits. As long you take good care of her 😊
Yes , i take good care of her !
😭 😭 Piggie is going to the vet because she keeps squeeling ! ( she's squeeling right now.. well she was)

She will have hay tomorrow !
In a week i'm going to re-intruduce veg very slowly because it really upsets her stomach

my dad gave her veg last night and it upset her stomach again .
He said he only gave her a tiny bit but it still upset her stomach so i told him that.

I'm not complaining or trying to be rude to him , he was just being nice to her.

What about , jasmine the bunny who's pregnant .
Do i have to give her away ?
Obviously not. Unless you know a responsible bun-owner that would care for her while you get into a more financially stable state. Take care of her the best you can and make sure she has enough to eat. Then I would put the breading aside to focus on giving care to the bunnies you have and not bringing new ones into the world.

Obviously not. Unless you know a responsible bun-owner that would care for her while you get into a more financially stable state. Take care of her the best you can and make sure she has enough to eat. Then I would put the breading aside to focus on giving care to the bunnies you have and not bringing new ones into the world.
Nope , i don't know anyone .
I might able to ask someone for hay though , since she owns a bun too.

my dad gave her veg last night and it upset her stomach again .
He said he only gave her a tiny bit but it still upset her stomach so i told him that.

I'm not complaining or trying to be rude to him , he was just being nice to her.

Dad can really mess up the bunnies stomach. At least your dad give your bunnies veggies. My dad give whatever treats he find from rice to carrots. I’m glad my bunnies handle it good and eat a lot of hay, so they never get troubles. I hope piggie will get better.

Dad can really mess up the bunnies stomach. At least your dad give your bunnies veggies. My dad give whatever treats he find from rice to carrots. I’m glad my bunnies handle it good and eat a lot of hay, so they never get troubles. I hope piggie will get better.
I have to call the vet for an emergency apointment , because she's squeeling and bleeding and in a lot of pain .

Poor guinea pig! You can put flour, cornstarch, or styptic powder on the wound to get it to stop bleeding.

Okay , thank you!
Its very swollen too.
I called the vets and she has an appointment at 4pm today
Got money to pay for vets so maybe you can buy some hay for your animals as well, great

Got money to pay for vets so maybe you can buy some hay for your animals as well, great
Yes I will if I have money left over , if it wasn't for lockdown I'd go to my aunties house for hay .
Because she has a bunny .

Latest posts

Back