I ran out of hay..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure , but I don't think anywhere here would give anyone anything for free.
Horses are down the road , we live far away from shops and every thing
If you can go and ask and explain your situation maybe you can get some hay, if they are local maybe tell them you will bring money on Saturday. People are nice and if you don't ask you don't get for sure.

If you can go and ask and explain your situation maybe you can get some hay, if they are local maybe tell them you will bring money on Saturday. People are nice and if you don't ask you don't get for sure.
I agree on that part. We almost ran out of hay as well but we discovered that the people we got our hay from were actually my old(and somewhat current) classmate's parents so we were able to get our hay again from them since they had nothing to do with the bales as they'd sold their buns some time ago.
When you don't act on anything, you don't get anything!

If you can find grass around but look not in parks where they cut and use chemicals to improve lawns just somewhere not near busy roads as well, you can dry some as well or give it fresh. Hay is dried grass in fact.
I
You also have 12 guinea pigs right? Or is it 7? I'm not against owning lots of pets, but when you are relying on your parents to feed your animals, something is wrong. I have to pay for everything for Theo. My parents say that if we want the animal, we provide for the animal. You should consider looking for a job. Babysitting, cooking, cleaning, etc. Right now moms would probably be willing to pay you to babysit because they are tired of staying home with their kids.

I also think you should drop the breeding for right now. Once you get a steady job you can begin breeding again. Mother rabbits need extra care, and it sounds like you can't afford that right now.

Right now, you are dealing with a sick rabbit, a pregnant rabbit, a rabbit who just lost her babies, and 2 other rabbits and a bunch of guinea pigs who don't have enough hay. I was stressed out when I had one sick rabbit, let alone all the other problems you are dealing with.

You and your rabbits will make it through this.
She didn't loose her babies , it was another one.

I'm only 12 , but I do do a lot of cooking!

Sorry not be mean neither I also think stop with the breeding until then . I’m not to big of a fan of breeding. Plus what’s the fun in breeding buns?
I just love raising the kits , and making sure they get it go to a good home

And as @Mariam+Theo said, if you rely on your parents to feed the pets you own, something is not right. I also have all the expenses of owning my rabbit pushed on me, and it's not fun at all with only one rabbit. Our hay was free but anything else from neuter to all those vet visits gave my savings a big whooping that student support money(or whatever. Scholarship of vocational school?)won't cover for me. I couldn't begin to imagine what you'd have to put out to take care of all those rabbits and guinea pigs you have.

Would you consider fostering babies instead of breeding? Many rabbit rescues have abandoned babies that need to be bottle-fed or a mom rabbit with a litter that needs to be watched. You get to see the babies grow up, but you don't have to pay for anything! The rescue provides food, supplies, vet care, etc.

And as @Mariam+Theo said, if you rely on your parents to feed the pets you own, something is not right. I also have all the expenses of owning my rabbit pushed on me, and it's not fun at all with only one rabbit. Our hay was free but anything else from neuter to all those vet visits gave my savings a big whooping that student support money(or whatever. Scholarship of vocational school?)won't cover for me. I couldn't begin to imagine what you'd have to put out to take care of all those rabbits and guinea pigs you have.
It's so much veg!
And the shops limit the amount of veg or anything that you buy

That is indeed a wonderful process to follow through, but if you breed buns only because of that, (i don't intend to offend or insult anyone) i think there is something wrong. Pets are overcrowding the shelters just because some people breed for fun and leave out the problems that in the meantime, many many other kits who weren't even intentional have to die because people breed them just because, instead of fostering them and enjoying the fun a more beneficial way....

Would you consider fostering babies instead of breeding? Many rabbit rescues have abandoned babies that need to be bottle-fed or a mom rabbit with a litter that needs to be watched. You get to see the babies grow up, but you don't have to pay for anything! The rescue provides food, supplies, vet care, etc.
Omg such an food idea

That is indeed a wonderful process to follow through, but if you breed buns only because of that, (i don't intend to offend or insult anyone) i think there is something wrong. Pets are overcrowding the shelters just because some people breed for fun and leave out the problems that in the meantime, many many other kits who weren't even intentional have to die because people breed them just because, instead of fostering them and enjoying the fun a more beneficial way....
I'm sorry.
I guess I'll just stop forever.

Theres lots and lots of other reasons why I do it..

But it's okay I'll stop :(

It's so much veg!
And the shops limit the amount of veg or anything that you buy
Why not grow your own on windowsills or greenyard planter boxes? Nobody says you have to plant peas or cauliflower, it's just elementary gardening! Even herbs could go a long sustainalble way. Basil, mint, dill, cliantro-easy ones to grow!

Why not grow your own on windowsills or greenyard planter boxes? Nobody says you have to plant peas or cauliflower, it's just elementary gardening! Even herbs could go a long sustainalble way. Basil, mint, dill, cliantro-easy ones to grow!
Okay

I'm sorry, i really don't mean to hurt your feelings. It's just the way that I PERSONALLY see the world, so it would be great if you'd take our advices with just a tiny grain of salt.....

Please stop breeding! There are many thousands of bunnies in recue centres looking for a good home and very, very few people with the patience, financial resources, space, knowledge,.... to look after them properly. Breeding is irresponsible and a massive source of animal welfare problems.

@Mariam+Theo
that would be much better fostering buns!
Don’t feel bad. You say there are other reasons as to why you do it why’s that?
As @Mariam+Theo said do fostering instead when you can.
[/QUOTE
Please stop breeding! There are many thousands of bunnies in recue centres looking for a good home and very, very few people with the patience, financial resources, space, knowledge,.... to look after them properly. Breeding is irresponsible and a massive source of animal welfare problems.
I don't breed irrisponibly

I don't breed irrisponibly
I would leave the breeding to those with steady income who are a bit older. I too am not a fan of intentional breeding but I would never judge another’s choices. As long as the bunnies are well cared for, then I am happy. In your case, I’m not sure you’re at the point in life where you can give the bins all they need. I would try fostering and later on when you have a stable income, you can reassess. Who knows, you might find fostering much more fulfilling (and cost-effective since most shelters do provide compensation).

I would leave the breeding to those with steady income who are a bit older. I too am not a fan of intentional breeding but I would never judge another’s choices. As long as the bunnies are well cared for, then I am happy. In your case, I’m not sure you’re at the point in life where you can give the bins all they need. I would try fostering and later on when you have a stable income, you can reassess. Who knows, you might find fostering much more fulfilling (and cost-effective since most shelters do provide compensation).
What about my bun who is pregnant right now?

Latest posts

Back