I ran out of hay..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
I ran out of hay , due to corona virus .
What can i feed because i can't get any till like fridau

do you feed the rabbit timothy based pellets?

if that is the case they may be able to eat the pellets, water, and greens for a few days

Last edited:
You can give grass if they are used eating it. My bunnies can spend a few hours eating fresh grass which they love ☺️

You can give grass if they are used eating it. My bunnies can spend a few hours eating fresh grass which they love ☺
make sure the grass wasn't treated with chemicals before you feed it to them, though

do you feed the rabbit timothy based pellets?

if that is the case they may be able to eat the pellets water and greens for a few days
Yes , thank you i will feed the rest pellets and greens for a fewdays
You can give grass if they are used eating it. My bunnies can spend a few hours eating fresh grass which they love ☺
She's used to eating grass , so i'll give her that since she's not allowed to eat veg or pellets for awile

Completely agree with Mariam on that, I see your threads looks like you breed your rabbits extensively and have new babies every week then they suddenly die and you breed them again it sounds like a very irresponsible breeding, I surprised your parents let you experiment with your rabbits lives. If you breed them you need to provide rich diet for mother it means that you actually need to spend extra money to raise baby rabbits, and if you won't feed them they will die and mother will be weak she needs to produce milk to feed babies and she will take material and minerals for that off her own body and bones, that's why pregnant and nursing doe must get junior pellets rich on calcium and protein, she should get up to 240 gram of pellets per day, hay is unlimited at all times. When babies start eating solid food they also need unlimited high protein and calcium pellets so it can take up to 2 kg bag per day that's what would normally last for one month for one rabbit. Raising babies cost a lot of money, it is not profitable at all.

Please stop breeding your rabbits, you kill them that way.

For now I understand that you don't have money but farmers sell hay by bales for 5-6 pound do some research and surely you can find to buy a 40lbs bale from a local farmer to feed your rabbits.

How many rabbits do you have in total?

Last edited:
How long will it be until you get money? How many rabbits do you have? I personally don't think it is wise to be breeding rabbits when you can't afford hay every month.
Completely agree with Mariam on that, I see your threads looks like you breed your rabbits extensively and have new babies every week then they suddenly die and you breed them again it sounds like a very irresponsible breeding, I surprised your parents let you experiment with your rabbits lives. If you breed them you need to provide rich diet for mother it means that you actually need to spend extra money to raise baby rabbits, and if you won't feed them they will die and mother will be weak she needs to produce milk to feed babies and she will take material and minerals for that off her own body and bones.

For now I understand that you don't have money but farmers sell hay by bales for 5-6 pound do some research and surely you can find to buy a 40lbs bale from a local farmer to feed your rabbits.

I agree!

How long will it be until you get money? How many rabbits do you have? I personally don't think it is wise to be breeding rabbits when you can't afford hay every month.
Sorry , I have 5 rabbits
I can usually afford hay , but this month I could not .
My parents get money on Friday or Saturday

Completely agree with Mariam on that, I see your threads looks like you breed your rabbits extensively and have new babies every week then they suddenly die and you breed them again it sounds like a very irresponsible breeding, I surprised your parents let you experiment with your rabbits lives. If you breed them you need to provide rich diet for mother it means that you actually need to spend extra money to raise baby rabbits, and if you won't feed them they will die and mother will be weak she needs to produce milk to feed babies and she will take material and minerals for that off her own body and bones.

They didn't die because mother's diet was bad , they died because mother would not feed them .
I know lots about rabbits and breed them , and raise them well.
They all go to loving homes , when they are 16 weeks.

Mother buns always get good diet , and I purchase hay for 4 pound for a giant bale once a month .

Are there any horses near you? You could ask there to get some hay for a few days.
I'm not sure , but I don't think anywhere here would give anyone anything for free.
Horses are down the road , we live far away from shops and every thing

Sorry , I have 5 rabbits
If you can find grass around but look not in parks where they cut and use chemicals to improve lawns just somewhere not near busy roads as well, you can dry some as well or give it fresh. Hay is dried grass in fact.

They didn't die because mother's diet was bad , they died because mother would not feed them .
I know lots about rabbits and breed them , and raise them well.
They all go to loving homes , when they are 16 weeks.

Mother buns always get good diet , and I purchase hay for 4 pound for a giant bale once a month .
Exactly, mother had no milk to feed them because she needs very good food, lots of it to produce milk.

Sorry , I have 5 rabbits
You also have 12 guinea pigs right? Or is it 7? I'm not against owning lots of pets, but when you are relying on your parents to feed your animals, something is wrong. I have to pay for everything for Theo. My parents say that if we want the animal, we provide for the animal. You should consider looking for a job. Babysitting, cooking, cleaning, etc. Right now moms would probably be willing to pay you to babysit because they are tired of staying home with their kids.

I also think you should drop the breeding for right now. Once you get a steady job you can begin breeding again. Mother rabbits need extra care, and it sounds like you can't afford that right now.

Right now, you are dealing with a sick rabbit, a pregnant rabbit, a rabbit who just lost her babies, and 2 other rabbits and a bunch of guinea pigs who don't have enough hay. I was stressed out when I had one sick rabbit, let alone all the other problems you are dealing with.

I'm sorry .
You and your rabbits will make it through this.

Back