I am such a sucker.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww she is a real cutie :) She looks like my daughter's mouse Eek who died a few weeks ago :( She was such a pretty mousie :)

I am betting she'll have 7 babies...but I don't know why...it was just the number that popped into my head!!

Baby mice are sooo cute (at least, once they've got fur :))

Awww, sorry about your little mousie.:(

I am most excited to see what colors the babies end up being. They could be anything!

Still no babies yet though. She made a HUGE nest outside of her igloothe last two days, then she tore it all down last night and made areally lovely nest inside the igloo.

I check on her a couple times a day and listen for "chirping" from the babies.

I can't wait until I finally hear it!

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

When mice/rats are pregnant they look like they've swallowed a tennis ball ... or in mice a kingsized marble....
I should know I too am a sucker and have taken home way to many pregnant mice and rats :disgust:...
but once they get fur they remind me of puppes :embarrassed:

Oh good, BangBang, you have mouse baby expereince and can help me, lol:D.

I heard that you can see the babies moving inside her when it's close to the day she is giving birth, have you seen that?

I hope she really is pregnant so that I am worrying for nothing. I keepdoubting myself but she was in a tank full of males. I'll beleive itwhen I hear some babies.

I am way too excited, she just needs to have them already!

hey hows shedoin??? tell us when sh has herbabies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i´m really excitednow!!!!!:jumpforjoy:

lurv anabell :mrsthumper::bunnydance:

Mummy mouse should be stretched to the max justbefore she gives birth, there was definetly an increase in movement inthe days prior to her giving birth. She also became crabby with me onthe night she had her baby mices ;)

No babies yet:(.

She will not let me touch her or get close to her. I am okay with that.A lot of mice coming from pet stores hate human contact and will runinto their igloos when you open the cage.

She still has her nest and she still has her baby belly. Last night Icould see her nipple area really well, and they looked "sack-like",filled with milk.

I have to clean out her tank today. I feel bad messing up her nest, buther cage is stinky already. Maybe I can just scoop the bedding outaround the nest somehow?

undergunfire wrote:
No babies yet:(.

She will not let me touch her or get close to her. I am okay with that.A lot of mice coming from pet stores hate human contact and will runinto their igloos when you open the cage.

She still has her nest and she still has her baby belly. Last night Icould see her nipple area really well, and they looked "sack-like",filled with milk.

I have to clean out her tank today. I feel bad messing up her nest, buther cage is stinky already. Maybe I can just scoop the bedding outaround the nest somehow?

The nipples should pertrude when she's close to having the bubs if iremember correctly. What type of cage do u have her in? Its hard aboutthe nest, u can exactly not clean the cage. I used to putanice cream container in their, that way i could lift out the containerand not disturb the nest

Amy, do you have a big flat scoop or lageserving spoon you could use? Then you can scoop the wholenest up and dump the rest of the dirty bedding. I had to dothis once with a nest full of baby hamsters. Since yourbabies aren't even born yet, that should be ok.

BangBang....I have her in a 5.5 gallontank. Once her babies are weaned, I will move her and her female babiesinto a large clear plastic storage tub that I learned how to turn intoa cage. The male babies will move into one also, if they fight, I willbuy seperate bins for them.

Grumpybabies....thank you! I am sure I will have a ton of questions when they are born:).

Naturestee....I do have something I can use. I'll just scoop outthe bedding and wash her wheel. Her cage is stinky and it will only betomorrow since I have had her for one week! I use the Soft-SorbentLavendar bedding with my other TWO mice, and I can't smell them at all!

Not yet, but I didn't check on her for justabout a day, and she now looks like she really swallowed a marble! Shegot a lot bigger. I wanted to wait a day to look at her so that I couldtell or not:).

I haven't checked on her this morning, but I will after work since I have to clean out her tank.

It's been 8 days since I got her....and she still has no name!

undergunfire wrote:
Not yet, but I didn't check on her for just about a day, andshe now looks like she really swallowed a marble! She got a lot bigger.I wanted to wait a day to look at her so that I could tell or not:).

I haven't checked on her this morning, but I will after work since I have to clean out her tank.

It's been 8 days since I got her....and she still has no name!

Sounds like she's very close, both my mice and rats just before theygave birth had prominant 'marble' shapes poking out their sides

I will take pictures for you in just a littlebit. I have been putting off cleaning out her tank as I have been superbusy/tired from work, but I AM cleaning it tonight, gosh darnit.

Latest posts

Back