Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerseyWooly

Reaction score
Hey guys! I need some help on how can I get some lynx netherland dwarfs. I don’t have any rabbits in this color and just want to know if I can breed other colors to get to lynx (and what are they?) or if I have to get a buck or doe that is or carries lynx in order for the kits to be in this color?

I don’t know much abt genetics

This is a lynx’s genotype:
AA bb CC dd EE

b= blue gene
d= dilute gene
It is basically (from what I understand) a lilac chestnut. Going off of known alleles, I would say the most likely color combination to get a lynx (that doesn’t need a lynx parent) is probably a lilac with either a opal carrying the blue gene or a cinnamon carrying the dilute gene. You could get a cinnamon carrying dilute by breeding one to a lilac or an opal carrying blue by breeding one to a lilac. There may be another way that I missed, but that’s all I could find.

This is a lynx’s genotype:
AA bb CC dd EE

b= blue gene
d= dilute gene
It is basically (from what I understand) a lilac chestnut. Going off of known alleles, I would say the most likely color combination to get a lynx (that doesn’t need a lynx parent) is probably a lilac with either a opal carrying the blue gene or a cinnamon carrying the dilute gene. You could get a cinnamon carrying dilute by breeding one to a lilac or an opal carrying blue by breeding one to a lilac. There may be another way that I missed, but that’s all I could find.
Thank you! Unfortunately I don’t have any rabbits in those colors haha. I’m trying to find a way to get chocolate point or chocolate sable kits, but I guess it won’t be easy either

Latest posts

Back