How do you play with your rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is a zip tie better or classics? I think classics look better but it seem like it's easier to fall apart. But Zip ties look hard to put together.

they look hard. How much is it to buy all those things? How much do you think i'll have to spend? And what am I suppose to do with my old cage?

Depending on prices, you could spend anywhere from $50-$100. I think my cage I'm going to build, might be in the $70-80 price range if I get another box and do the things I'd like to do with it. And, it's going to be huge then.

Spring wrote:
Depending on prices, you could spend anywhere from $50-$100. I think my cage I'm going to build, might be in the $70-80 price range if I get another box and do the things I'd like to do with it. And, it's going to be huge then.
my dad and i have almost nearly spent lots of money on my rabbit cage, we are extending it because my first rabbit had babies with my male rabbit named mocha

she had 5 :) anyways... the most id spend a on a cage is 300 dollars, sinnce i love rabbits alot.

I like the one that this person has. It has like 3 floors. Looks soo cute and kool. do you use grids for the floors and then put wood over the grid?

well I think i'm going to need around 45 grids. so thats like 120$ on grid. aww thats a lot.

And I don't know how i'm going to get the wood. And I might be able to use my old cage's material. And I went to the web site to check out the materials but it's not shown on the site.

$120? What grids are you looking at? Mine were $15 for 17 grids, and they go on sale a lot for $10 a box.

There are a couple different things you can use for the floor, most of which you should be able to find at a normal home improvement store like Home Depot or Lowe's. I used plywood with stick-on vinyl floor tiles (make sure they're not glossy or smooth!) for my first cage. You can also use remnant linoleum or vinyl flooring. Several people here have used pegboard, which can also be covered with stick-on floor tiles to make it less absorbant. Coroplast is very popular at the Cavycages website. It's plastic signboard. You can get it at home improvement stores, sign stores, or sometimes you can find stuff like old political signs made out of coroplast and get them for free.

My first cage was 2x4 grids, 2 grids high, with a 1x4 grid shelf. It cost me about $60.

naturestee wrote:
$120? What grids are you looking at? Mine were $15 for 17 grids, and they go on sale a lot for $10 a box.

There are a couple different things you can use for the floor, most of which you should be able to find at a normal home improvement store like Home Depot or Lowe's. I used plywood with stick-on vinyl floor tiles (make sure they're not glossy or smooth!) for my first cage. You can also use remnant linoleum or vinyl flooring. Several people here have used pegboard, which can also be covered with stick-on floor tiles to make it less absorbant. Coroplast is very popular at the Cavycages website. It's plastic signboard. You can get it at home improvement stores, sign stores, or sometimes you can find stuff like old political signs made out of coroplast and get them for free.

My first cage was 2x4 grids, 2 grids high, with a 1x4 grid shelf. It cost me about $60.
The one that K mark sells. 6 grids for I think 14$. I'm not sure. Also I might use tiles for the floors. They are like smooth and easy to clean.

Opps my bad. I thought it's 6 grid but i said 6 cube set. I don't know how many grids.

And which is better? Connectors or zip ties?

Bunni wrote:
I think zip ties.
in my oppinon I think they both dont seem soo good. Is zip tie is like a rope that ties your grid together. What will happen if it unties. And the connetors doesn't seem strong.

yea i guess zip tie seems a lito better. Where do you get it? And I don't think I wasted that much on my cage. It came in a kit with water bottle and food and bedding and treats and toy. I guess the cage only really costed me 50$. Oh yea do I need glue to glue the wood to the grid? (for the floors)

magicapple wrote:
Opps my bad. I thought it's 6 grid but i said 6 cube set. I don't know how many grids.

And which is better? Connectors or zip ties?
i got a 6cube set for $15... and it only took one box to make my bunnies cage...it has plenty of room for both of them and it has three different leves/eight different shelves..

i tried the connectors when i was doing my cage, but you cant really do as much with the connectors as you can with the zipties.. i would definately use zipties:D

where do I get zip ties? And I saw you cage, I want it too look like a house. If it has too much room to jump around I might break the cage. Is the cage strong? What if the cage can't handle my heavy rabbit and falls apart?

I use both zip ties and connectors. The connectors add more stability. Actually, the connectors I have (two different brands) are good enough to use almost entirely by themselves. They don't work for the the extra levels or shelves, just the vertical walls. If you use just zip ties, it seems like you'd have to use tons of them to make the thing stay together without bending. It's very stable if you use both. One of our other members, Elfmommy, made a 3 level cage out of the shelving grids for her 9 pound Palomino rabbit. She used dowel rods to help support the upper levels. From the picture, there's no way your rabbit is that big.:)

You can get zip ties in the electrical department of many stores, like Home Depot, Walmart, etc.

the werid thing is that I cant find those things online. Do you think they will have it if i go to the store? I think I'll use a lot of zip tie to keep it stronger. I want a 3 level cage too. I want to make a mini mansion for my rabbit. I'm still having trouble deciding what to use as the floor. I don't think I should use tiles, too heavy might break the shelf.

Do you know if you have coroplast near your area? Look at the site I gave you and put in what state you live in and find which material you need, then look to see what place that sells it that's enarest to you.

Latest posts

Back