Here's Ernest(ine) and Mitzie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is, hopefully, his mate, Mitzie.? :)

Such sweethearts-as in NEW babies to the Mr & Mrs.Buck? (perchance I missed a thread?)

Cher

Cher wrote:
Suchsweethearts-as in NEW babies to the Mr & Mrs.Buck? (perchance Imissed a thread?)

Cher
He is "new" to us, she is not. She(Mitzie) is our formerDutch, Maxie's "widow." Trying to bond her to Ernest,especially with the winter coming and they're both outside rabbits.

Buck

Sorry I got her name wrong, Buck. I can't seem to keep Maizie and Mitzie's names straight.

-Carolyn

They are both so cute! I love dutch rabbits. Someday I will have one to spoil. What kind of bun is Mitzie?

Last week I spent $20 on Flopsy, I bought him a hay rack, timothy hay,a veggie basket(it hangs from the top of they're cage), and babycarrots.

oh....my....gosh

They are soooo beautiful. I love them both!!! :D

Mitzie is a big girl! I'm thinkingthere may have been some lop cross in the background. Herface has a lop look to it and her size indicates she's not purebreddwarf. Since the color is rare in lops, Netherlands (and MiniRex) have been crossed in to get the color.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Mitzie is a big girl! I'm thinking there may havebeen some lop cross in the background. Her face has a loplook to it and her size indicates she's not purebred dwarf.Since the color is rare in lops, Netherlands (and Mini Rex)have been crossed in to get the color.

Pam
Thanks for your considered judgment, Pamela. Perhaps,someday, when I figure out how to post pictures on line, I'll post apicture of her "alleged" sister, Maizie, who is a black broken doe thatlooks nothing like Mitzie.

buck

Fergi wrote:
Buck,

You have such beautiful buns! ;)and now that you know Ernestis a Ernestine I am sure they both will be living more peaceful lives.

Fergi's mom
Well, we may still try to affect a bonding just on theprinciples of company and sharing a better hutch than the oneErnest(ine) came in. I would feel a lot better if Ernest(ine)was to spend the winter in one of my hutches, as they are betterconstructed, more weatherproof, and I suspect, warmer.

But, the buns may have a mind of their own, though,eh?

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:

Thanks for your considered judgment, Pamela. Perhaps,someday, when I figure out how to post pictures on line, I'll post apicture of her "alleged" sister, Maizie, who is a black broken doe thatlooks nothing like Mitzie.

buck

Another useful clue(Maizie'sbroken coloration),which would also lend to the fact that there is a possible lopbackground, as brokens are rather uncommon in the NetherlandDwarfs. The mix could indeed have produced babies that looknothing alike.

Pam

Back