HELP OMG SMUDGE IS GONE!!!!! AHHHHH WAHHHH :( (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know i know i was just trying to make him happy, i know he likes grass so i thought id give him a bedtime snack and let him nibble for a bit in his pen but now he is gone! Uhhh.. I have looked under everything the only thing left is the ground and i am sure i can look under that! there is nothing on the property besides a mail box, vehicles, a trash can, and smudges pen..iv looked under all that! He isnt anywhere to be found!!!! :(

Did you check the woods? You need to be careful for your sake, as well, if there are dangerous wild animals in your area.

If your pen was as secure as it sounds....then it really seems like a person stole him. I don't see how a small Nethie can get out of a pen like that. Was the top and the whole thing secured with zip ties?

You need to go outside with a flashlight(go buy one if you have too) and talk very calm and soft to Smudge and take along his/her favorite treat. Remember, he is probably terrified so move slow and be calm, you will be less threatening that way (not implying Smudge is scared of you, but in the great outdoors a human no matter who it is is scary to a bun). Good luck.

oh and i did find a flash light and i went out with it just looking not saying anything i even walked threw the woods but didnt see ANYTHING

Already looked under the deck, i drove around and walked in peoples yards with flash lights(surprised i didnt get yelled at too) but i didnt see anything, im gunna go back out and look. ill update in a few.

They have pretty strong heads and necks, he may have been able to just lift up the pen. Can you tell if it had been moved at all? Even an inch or two?

He'll probably stay pretty quiet for awhile, then reappear, maybe close to dawn. They don't 'run away', he shouldn't go too far. But you do have to watch for predators.

Not my area of expertise, but I'd guess you should spend as much time as possible in the yard, maybe put a radio out there, maybe some lights. It will be more familiar to Smudge than other critters.

sas :pray:

Im back. No luck..He is just.......gone.
I am exhausted from crying so much. I will go put out a stereo under the deck and look one more time then i will have to check and look in the morning. ill keep you update..its going to be a long night.

I would think that looking in the woods at night would be hopeless ; best bet would be as soon as the sun comes up but even then you may want to prepare for looking for him for awhile. you can probably get a live trap from your humane society and set it up in your yard.
Almost every rabbit that comes intoour humane society is a stray so whatI am saying is that not all domestic rabbits that escape or are put out get attacked by an animal.
if you are freaking out and calling his name it is just going to scare him more so you need to calm down and think ahead to develop a plan to get him.
like talking to neighbors tomorrow and putting up fliers and asking groups of kids to be on the look out for him... may be start a neigborhood watch for him.. that way everyone will know that he is missing and be involved in a search ...
I totally undestand why you are so upset and to be honest if it was me i would also freak out but since it isn't me i am just telling you what may be the most sensible approach to getting him back.
Yes he could be hiding around the house but if he left your house right now it may be best to wait until daybreak

Put a missing pet add up on craigslist with his picture and information about what to do should someone find him.

Good luck.

Oh no!! How scary! You're probably asleep by now, but maybe you could put a bunny carrier with food and water in it out in the yard overnight and sprinkle bunny poop from his cage around outside? Also, what did you mean when you said you were going to put a stereo under the deck?

Back