HELP NAME MY BUNNY!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is such a sweetie. He actually was tatooedfor showing and his markings were perfect when he was a baby, but thenhe developed a small brown spot on the white area above his saddle. So,they sold him as a pet and he eventaully ended up with me.

We had a member recently (sugargliders) who bred some tort dutches and they were just gorgeous!

I looked for a long time for tort's... the onlyknow breeder in ontario and more..(this area) just lost her doe..lucklyshe cept back 2 of the tort does from a littter..she gave me one tobreed with tigger.Then she would take one and breed it with her doe.Iwas going to sell the tort s to a few dutch breeders so i could bringback the tort..they are not seen in the showes really any more so ijust wanted to bring them back...they are sutch a wounderful animal!:D

Haley,

He looks like a blue tort to me too. A tort should have more black/dark to him.

At least in lionheads and minilops. You might want to show the picture to Pam Nock and ask her since she judges.

But that's a blue tort if I ever saw one (and I own them and breed them - just not in dutches)!

Peg

Humm it could be a blue tort..i have just neverseen one..and when you point it out he should be more dark.....Do youhave another pict?:D

Attached a pict of one of my "TORTS"

Yours is a tort while the other one is a blue tort - it is lighter and has more of a blue on the ears.

Peg

P.S. Edited to add: A blue tort is a dilute of atort. This means it is a lighter color than the traditional tort colorbecause it carries blue instead of black. The blue is a recessive geneand both parents had to carry it in order to get it.

Thanks Peg, I had been wondering. I see torts a lot and they are a bit oranger than Basil. He has a lot of grey on him.

Your tort is gorgeous though lovethetailyall!

Latest posts

Back