Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!

I worked at a bookstore when book 6 came out and we had a big Potter Party. I dressed up as a Slitheryn and wore a handmade sorting hat. EVERYONE was impressed with it. Then we usedthehatas a display and had the books piled around it on a table for about a month afterwards. The thing is, I had NEVER read any of the books. I had seen the movies, but wasn't really a huge fan. My boss told me when I revealed to him that night that I hadn't that he would fire me if I didn't read them all immediately. (He was joking, but he and everyone else working there told me I HAD to read them) I read all 6 books in 2 weeks. I have been a big fan ever since. I already have my book on order from Amazon. (my book store closed and I just can't shop at B&N for more than magazines, I feel like I am being unfaithful)

I also like the movies, my late FIL was really into them, which I always found kind of funny. He was a 60 year old man, who loved Harry Potter. He even got to see the latest one before he passed. :)

~Star~

AHHH I CANT WAIT!

Im a Harry Potter freak and am going to get mine at midnight the night it comes out.

I dont think the movies come anywhere as close as good to the books, but there still good.

I just cant waittttt :):)

ZOMG I can't wait! I NEED Harry Potter like addicts need drugs. :p With the last book my dad went all early in the morning and bought it for me. For this one, we pre-ordered it and can pick it up at the bookstore. I even dressed up like Hermione a few years back for Halloween. I had the marroon and gold tie and everything. ;)

OMG....It just hit me.....THIS IS THE LAST BOOK!!! nooooooooooooo!!!! :(*cries*

WOOOOOO! FREAKINNNN' OUTTTTT!!!!
:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

I can't wait to see the movie. I like to watch the movies instead of reading.

My fiance and I have days were we just lay in bed all day and watch all of the Harry Potter movies (or LOTR) in a row, okay......and pause for a lunch and dinner break :D!

I am sure we will be doing the day before or a couple days before the new Harry Potter movie comes out. That excites me too....nothing better than laying in bed with your guy all day watching Harry Potter :).

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

So here is the big question - who does everyone think will die?:biggrin2:I have a really big theory for the 7th book, but I wont say it just in case.;)I can't wait to read it and see what happens!!!:D:D

i'm just as excited too!! my book is preordered and ready to go. i've started re-reading all the books and i'm about ready to finish up #4.

i love the movies too so i can't wait #5 to come out!

as for who will die hmmmm i predict ron? :?although i don't want any of them to die

-i'm hoping (although i don't think it will happen) that the author will kind of conclude harry's life...thats my biggest pet peeve w/ books i'm ALWAYS wondering what happens down the road? thats why i love epilogues :D

On Dr. Who, The doctor mentioned Harry Potter. he said that #7 made him cry. (the Dr is form the future). Also Expelliarmus was used to vanquish witches spells. It made me happy.

I am excited about the book but am only really seeing the movie to "keep up apprentices". I dont think it will be very good as they have been going down hill since the forst one.

Has anyone seen the Potter Puppet Pals? It is Harry Potter as puppets. Very funny.

JKR was on a talk show (Jonathan Ross), last week. She said people think 2 people are dying because she said she had killed off two she hadn't planned on, but it's actually a lot more than that. She said it's a Bloodbath!! :shock:

Yeah I will see it, but I'll wait a week of so, I don't want to be there when the cinema is really really packed. :?It looks ok but it'll be nothing on the book! :p

I was pretty dissapointed in the movies. I was completly disgusted by the 3rd one, that was my favorite book and they shook it around something fierce:(but I still go and see them all, being the great consumer whore that I am:p

undergunfire wrote:
:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

Are-You-Freakin-Serious??!! The books are soooo much better than the movies! They leave out a ton of stuff in the movies, purely because you really can't fit a like 500 page book into three hours, LOL. I always drive my DH nuts with wispering in his ear about how they left this out, or you are gonna love this part, etc. He still take me to see them though, because he knows better than to say no! LOL

Michaela, what do you mean, "a bloodbath"?! How can she kill these people, if I were her I would feel like I was murdering my children! Of course, that's probably only one of the reasons I wouldn't make a good writer, LOL.

She said a lot of people die :(- a lot more that two, though she didn't say if they are main characters or what.

I know, how can she do it? She said she bawled her head off for ages after writing a chapter near the end. Must be really sad- I know I will cry!

Then he asked her would she ever write another book about Harry Potter, she said no, Harry's story comes to a clear conclusion in this book, but she may consider writing more books about that world. We all know what that sounds like for Harry I'm sure :?

I think there is a big petition going around for her to keep on writing hehe.

gentle giants wrote:
undergunfire wrote:

Are-You-Freakin-Serious??!!

Very serious :p. I am a movie person!

:carrotAmy

I know I am SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am Harry Potter's BIGGEST fan!!!! I am so totally going to complain to JK Rowling if she kills off Harry!!!! I have read thefirst bookthree timesthe second, third and fourth twice and the fifth and sixth once.

HARRY POTTER RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i saw the movie last night...and from a movie standpoint, it was good, however if you are an avid book reader and love books more than movies, you'll be disappointed. a lot of stuff was left out of this movie (i mean it was only 2hrs 15min and the book was like 800pgs) and i was pretty aggravated that things were changed in the movie. characters were doing things they DIDN'T do in the book and other things like that.

i recommend seeing the movie it was definitely good :)

as for the book I CAN'T WAIT! it's preordered! However I was reading in the paper today that J.K said in a press conference on Tuesday that there might be an 8th book, she said "you never know" so maybe Harry doesn't die?? AH i can't wait!!!!!

:biggrin2:

Thanks for that, I got 12/12 on all three quizzes. :)

An eighth book would be so cool, even if Harry does die, I still think there should be more books.

I was wondering, are the American versions of thebooks exactly the same as the British versions? I know there are different covers, and over there the Philosopher's stone is called the Sorcerer's stone, but are the books still based in the UK etc. ?

~~~~~
~Michaela, Maddie, Ebony, Pebble & Angel Bunny Berri~

Latest posts

Back