Got Ears?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yurusumaji wrote:
2dspr1l.jpg
Great picture, just love those ears!

Catching up on some reading. Love the pic's. So your having surgery( i know thats what you want)and getting the treatments you need, that's great. :hug: :biggrin2:

SweetSassy wrote:
Catching up on some reading. Love the pic's. So your having surgery( i know thats what you want)and getting the treatments you need, that's great. :hug: :biggrin2:
Yes, yes. Very excited!

I have been pleased to find that I have a lot of support from my husband and my friends. This is definitely the best choice for my own personal situation and I don't want anyone to feel like it's selfishness or that I'm 'against babies'.

I used to a member in an online childfree community until the posts became pile-ups of women crying about needing abortions and one woman even bragged about having had 7 abortions. :shock: I have no intention of ever having an abortion because I don't want one, but I also don't want a child, so this is my solution.

We've agreed that if we want one when we are older then we will adopt. :)

Thanks for being so supportive! It really helps me feel good about what I'm doing.

I just wanted to add some support to your decision. My husband and I have also decided that we likely won't have children. In time he'll probably have a vasectamy. I'm 27, and he's 30...so we aren't rushing into it just in case one of us changes our minds - but I don't think we will.

You're definitely not the only one out there making this kind of choice. :)

kahlin wrote:
I just wanted to add some support to your decision. My husband and I have also decided that we likely won't have children. In time he'll probably have a vasectamy. I'm 27, and he's 30...so we aren't rushing into it just in case one of us changes our minds - but I don't think we will.

You're definitely not the only one out there making this kind of choice. :)
Thanks so much! We're pretty stuck on adoption if the situation ever warrants children because my husband is adopted, so I'm none too worried about the surgery being something I regret.

I'm a little nervous because, well, it's surgery! Cuts and recoveries and such, but overall I'm quite ecstatic about getting it done and never having to worry on it again.

Finally having some slow days, except this morning because hubbs is putting me on an exercise regimen. Oh lordy ...

Michiko has decided the couch is hers. We need to be off of it when she comes out so that she may jump upon it and then run laps on it and fluff her pillow. Mommy is allowed to sit on the couch when the running is over to provide a lap to lay in.

2beele.jpg

2viie4i.jpg

21b7v5j.jpg

5ck1h3.jpg

I bring out her food dish, a water dish and some lettuce for her each night and put it on a piece of yoga mat for her so that she can be out with us while she eats and enjoys herself. She approves of such fine slavery.

Tonight our little Apollo finally got the chance to snuggle his feathered sister, Phoenix. I've been shunned from the bird-loving community for allowing my dog to interact with my bird since my dog will obviously just lash out one day and eat her. Obviously.

24o8sb9.jpg

qnwg37.jpg

2zg709w.jpg

Love that, sooo cute. I promise to b nice to u ofr the rest of the night lol Your bird looks fake like a stuffed animal, but soo cute thx 4 sharing

Hubbs came home with greens tonight. I have to say he's a way better lettuce-picker than me! LOL!

wk21qq.jpg

6xymnn.jpg

992kup.jpg

2r5qn91.jpg

:inlove: What cute pic's!! The pic's with the dog and bird are kinda scary.( i know your supervising and everything is fine)Apollo, Licking allowed only.Lol.

I love the pics...What a lucky bunny to get such a good lettuce selection. My monsters would stare at it in disbelief!

I really loved the Apollo pictures. I wouldn't trust most dogs with my pets, but I know there are exceptions. We had a dog that loved our bunnies. He was scared of storms and would snuggle with them for comfort.

The lettuce is Collard Greens. :) I purposely picked a small bushel last time because I was slowly introducing her to it and I didn't want it all to go bad.

Hubbs calls me and goes, "There's no way this can be the right lettuce. It's huge!"

:laugh:

Michiko is pretty sure he got the right lettuce. LOL!

Ha ha! Well I just give it to her by the leaf anyway - wouldn't you know she ate that whole thing?!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last night I finished reading Modoc: The True Story of the Greatest Elephant That Ever Lived by Ralph Helfer. It was an amazing book! I don't know if anyone else here has a LiveJournal, it's not likely, but I post book reviews in an LJ community [and would be happy to post them on here as well - I've really gotten back into it]. Anywho, today I start Bitter Is The New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered, Smart-A**, or Why You Should Never Carry a Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office by Jen Lancaster. I expect to finish it sometime tomorrow. Maybe I should make a book blog ...

Today hubbs and I aren't doing a thing, really. I'm going to cook us up a few simple things, but there is no giant turkey or green bean casserole or even annoying extended family driving me up the wall and making me homicidal. Ah, love. I plan on getting some cleaning done and doing a little organizing.

Michiko will need some TLC for a while as she gave herself a small cut on one of her ears last night. As small as it is, it bled pretty badly so it will need to be watched. I disinfected it, cleaned it up and then got the PediPaws out and shaved down those back nails of hers. It was my first time using the PediPaws and I have to admit that it takes patience to use, but I like it because I do it ever so slowly and I can shape them a little bit more. I also cleaned out Michiko's room and scrubbed down her floor so that she's not dragging the cut through urine and feces, but I will have to continuously do this until the little cut heals up and is no longer prone to infection.

We're watching the Detroit Lions Thanksgiving Game today. GO LIONS!

Happy thanksgiving to u to Kelli!!! Hope Michiko gets better soon, I think you can put neosporin on it to help it heal. Can u tie her ears up so she cant drag them in that yucky stuff till it heals??

I am sewing today while the boys go to that Jim Carey xmas movie..I love thanksgiving when I have nothing to do whoo hoo

Latest posts

Back