Got Ears?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fancy77 wrote:
Happy thanksgiving to u to Kelli!!! Hope Michiko gets better soon, I think you can put neosporin on it to help it heal. Can u tie her ears up so she cant drag them in that yucky stuff till it heals??

I am sewing today while the boys go to that Jim Carey xmas movie..I love thanksgiving when I have nothing to do whoo hoo

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have tried to use hair scrunchies to hold them up, but they just drag on one side instead. LOL! I thought about Neosporin - I used it on a Holland Lop once when he had some serious rear-end damage done to him by another male rabbit, but he was bottom-heavy and couldn't lick it off so I wasn't worried about him getting sick from it. I could apply a very very small amount to her cut, it's so minor. I was just worried concerning how badly it bled and I don't want it getting infected. Thanks for the tip!

I has gots the nommies, mommy.

15xpmok.jpg

So I have been discussing with my husband that I would like another tattoo. I would like to do our dogs at some point, but I am actually thinking about getting Michiko somewhere. Reason being - Michiko is my heart bun. Michiko is my baby girl, perhaps my favorite of all our pets [shh, don't tell on me!] and I see everyone else's bunny tattoos and think how ... regal and elegant they look. I'm putting a lot of thought into this as I have also promised to get a tribute to my late rat, Stewart, who changed my life for good [though have been at ends with hubbs for the past year about having an actual rat portrait tattooed onto my body].

Michiko's little healed cut healed up nicely and all is well again in the lagomorph kingdom. Finally got her on the right food and am quite thrilled over it. Got the right hay again, too. I may keep ordering from Pet Food Direct since the food came in way before tracking said it would.

We're doing our local zoo's Giving Tree this year. The tree had ornaments all over it and each one has a picture of which animal it is for and then on the back it has a photo, name, price and where to buy that particular item the animals need. We chose 6 gifts for 6 different animals. We are getting something for the black bears, hawks, meerkats, cougar, rhinoceros and lemurs.

I am headed in to our local animal shelter tomorrow to offer volunteering services. I have always wanted to volunteer, but I used to be close to the Michigan Humane Society who has so many volunteers that it's more like applying for a job than a volunteering position. I sent in paperwork with a resumè, waited for a response for <i>months</i>, then got a letter saying they were bogged and I needed to re-submit my paperwork and resumè if I still wanted to volunteer. Wowzers! The next time I tried they demanded a certain amount of months of commitment and you had to wait for an orientation with open seats [there were none for several months] and I was headed back to base soon. This is my chance! Finally!

Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving and best wishes and many noms to our bunny friends!

WOW u have a lot going on right now I hope u do get a tattoo of Michiko that would b so nice. Goof Luck with volunteering that is interesting how hard it is to do that I am surprised.

Finally sick of being home all the time, I opted to volunteer at the local animal shelter. I signed a piece of paper, was asked when I would be in. I went in this afternoon and was bored out of my skull. I took out several dogs and played with them, but it was raining, so I had to keep bringing them through the front and into the meeting room. Later on, the other ... volunteers ... took out all the same dogs instead of allowing any of the others to come out as well. *sigh*

I came home to Apollo peeing on the carpet and this:
8yvzab.jpg

LOL! That's what I get for leaving a roll of paper towel on her counter!

I also got a fancy french manicure. I feel so pretty! Teehee! I went in to get my eyebrow done [that's not a typo, I suffer from "Seagull Syndrome"] and my hubbs suggested I have my nails done while I'm there. Isn't he precious?! They're gorgeous and the woman made them super strong for me. It's my first time ever getting my nails done. It's too expensive to become a habit, IMO, but it was fun to do.

Still no call from the doctor about my test results. Hubbs is getting antsy.

The zoo is still spoiled and fantastic, of course. Nothing but the absolute best for my babies!

qouhbb.jpg

We might be getting a PS3 as our Christmas present to ourselves. :bunnydance:

ETA: I am getting Stewart's tribute tattoo. I am getting his face from the photo below tattooed within a Daisy. It's going on the inside of my lower right arm. I have decided to get a tribute to Michiko opposite Stewart on the inside of my lower left arm. I haven't designed it yet.

161hlxh.jpg

Oh my goodness, Michiko made quite the mess! :biggrin2: Very adorable rattum.

Thank you. I do miss my Stewart everyday ... it's been almost 3 years now and still the guilt fails to fade ...

That's a story for another day.

Holly Cow what a mess I do not envy u lol Good 4 u for volunteering!!!! That tattoo sounds real cool cant wait to see it!!!

IMO getting your nails done is sooo spendy to do it on a regular basis. SO I went to a great web site and got all the stuff I needed to do my own... I have to say I am pretty good *pats self on back*

Wow, that is a mess! I think I should appreciate my super clean Finley and mostly clean J.Behr a bit more!

Ha I bet you had fun cleaning that up! My trio made a huge mess over the Thanksgiving long weekend, it took me forever to clean their room once I finally got up enough courage to start.

I loooove your sugar gliders. I have been wanting a pair of them for a long time but I'm holding back because I'm not sure if they'd be too loud at night and annoy the other tenets in our building. Plus my better half insists that we already have enough pets for now :p

Stewart was adorable! I'm sure his tattoo will come out amazing! You'll have to post pics when you get it.

Thanks everyone! The mess was a fairly formidable opponent, but I have a janitorial broom and a Swiffer! HA HA! I got it all cleaned and I used these new Swiffer wet pads with Febreze to freshen the place up a bit and then I kept her out for several hours while I ran the fan and it dried. It wasn't too terrible. :)

I am very excited for the tattoo now! It won't be until the beginning of next year because it'll be a bit pricey, but totally worth it.

Denise - maybe I will have to take some time to learn how to do my nails on my own. ;) You rock!

I had my nails done maybe.. twice. NEVER again! that was the most painful thing. LOl. I was working at Delphi at the time and they would break from the hard work and I hated going back to get them fixed. It felt like they were ripping my nails off. :grumpy:

SweetSassy wrote:
I had my nails done maybe.. twice. NEVER again! that was the most painful thing. LOl. I was working at Delphi at the time and they would break from the hard work and I hated going back to get them fixed. It felt like they were ripping my nails off. :grumpy:
I paid an extra $15 for stronger, more durable nails. I volunteered at an animal shelter yesterday and did not have any problems whatsoever - even between being pulled by leashes, wrestling with pit bulls and fighting open rusted kennel locks.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I have never had my nails done!;)
Dave you need to try it, it is a uplifting experience. Oh and a full body massage OMG that is wonderful...hubby loves them more than me. :biggrin2:

Hey how is everything?

Hi everyone! I know I am usually so good at updating, but truthfully I have not had much to update. Everyone herehasbeen doing well, both animals and people. Hubbs' vacation ended on Monday.

I waited almost 3 weeks for results so I could get scheduled for my surgery. They came in and I got a call yesterday saying they got a cancellation and so she gave it to me ... it was for this morning. LOL!

I went in yesterday afternoon for pre-admit testing and then I was back in before 7 a.m. for the surgery. I was questioned until my brain was exhausted, given "goofy medicine" and then questioned some more. Soon I was in a room that was cold as ice. I was awake for a few minutes and then the next thing I know I'm in recovery. I was there for a while, dozing in and out. Next I was moved to the other side of recovery and my husband was brought back to be with me. He had brought me McDonald's, but they had screwed up my order so I couldn't even eat the awful thing they'd given him.

Hubbs sent a text to my sister to let her I know I was out and I was doing well. She has been very supportive, mostly because we are fairly close and also partly because she is also childfree and hopes to get a tubal of her own someday. After that my mother was phoned by hubbs and as soon as he'd finished telling her that I was ok all she asked was, "Why did you even let her do it?" He was quite upset, but just gave her his best sugar-coated explanation and the call was abruptly ended. In the end, my husband's support is all that matters and I am glad I have it. My sister's support has been a great bonus. My mother can bite it.

So right now I am on bed rest [using hubby's laptop]. Tomorrow I am allowed off of bed rest with a "common sense citation", a.k.a. no overdoing it. If it hurts, stop. I am expected to be at 90-100% by Monday. :)

So the surgery went great, I am not in a lot of pain at all. I am a bit sore and quite groggy, but have not even needed the pain pills I was prescribed. Excited to get back up on my feet. I have an appointment in 2 weeks to have my incisions checked and then I am home free!

Thanks to everyone who has been supportive during this!We very much appreciate it!

I promise to post new photos of Michiko as soon as I can! I don't have any here on the laptop.

I'm glad your surgery went well. I think you need to give your mom some time. I can see how she would be a little upset because of grandkids. I know it was best for you though. I totally get where your coming from.

Hope you feel better soon!! :hug: Can't wait for pic's of your gorgeous bunny!! :)

SweetSassy wrote:
I'm glad your surgery went well. I think you need to give your mom some time. I can see how she would be a little upset because of grandkids. I know it was best for you though. I totally get where your coming from.

Hope you feel better soon!! :hug: Can't wait for pic's of your gorgeous bunny!! :)

Mum has known since February that we were trying to get me approved for a tubal and she initially pretended to be completely on board with me thinking there was no way I'd find someone who would do it for me. As I continued to make it clear that I wouldn't give up until I got approved, she started to show her true colors about it. The tensions between us go far deeper than this surgery. My mother has deemed me "not good enough" since day one and has favored my sister my whole life.

Time heals nothing for my mother. She's still bitter over my father leaving, which was 14 years ago. She'll be angry about this for the rest of her life. She's bent on dying bitter and angry, I'm sure of it. It's all rather unfortunate, but she's a lonely person because of it and I refuse to keep being at the brunt of her bitterness. This was her last chance to redeem herself, but instead she offended my husband and I'm finished with her.

Thanks for being supportive. :)

Latest posts

Back