Got Ears?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! With the dogs around we are very careful about where we put our soda. :) Michiko is determined to try a Dorito, though. Ha ha! And apparently she has a taste for Stephen King. ;)

I really like the fact u spend time listening to her read to u...err...umm...chew lol

Only Buns here and Jay Jay is dog like...the little shister

Gate jumping is an olympic sport you know. ;) We had to add some NIC cubes to our gate to keep Behr within his confines.

And he too has no interest in toys unless it's something he can put in his belly.

Michiko has been successfully deterred from clothes-nomming in favor of newspaper-nomming. Hubbs is happy. He loves to sit on the floor and play his video games while I lay on the couch and she always comes up to him and tries to undress him with her mouth. LOL! So I finally brought out some paper for her to chew on and voila! Peace has been restored.

Unfortunately today the white dog, Apollo, used our new car [it's a 2010 Ford Escape] as his personal bathroom. :( Hubbs was FURIOUS when he came out of the store. We'd left them in the car before without any problems whatsoever, but this time, there was poop and pee all over our front seats. *sigh* They'll be in their kennels the rest of the day and Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky Daddy is an inch away from shipping poor Apollo out to China to become dinner for someone's family.

My dog sat in the backseat and behaved himself. Teeheehee.

This is turning out to be some vacation!

Hubbs is off work until December 5th as vacation time. We were going to head back to Michigan to see our families, but decided against it for several reasons - so we're vacationing at home. ^_^

OHHHH whew I thought I missed something huge. Oh I wish u would have come to MI we could have met up to have drinks or lunch, that would have been a blast!!! SO then what r your plans?? going any where fun??? or Vegging on the couch??

Vegging. My knee is starting to fill with fluid, a problem my Chron's has been causing me for 3 years now.

They are trying to get me in for my treatments so that I can get my medical issues under control, so I'm glad we decided to stay instead because I wasn't supposed to get in for treatment until the end of December, but now they're saying that I might be able to start this month instead now that we are staying home.

In the end I need time to relax and the 27-hour drive with all these critters in tow [and then deciding where to store them all] was going to be a lot on top of bickering over who goes where and at what time since his mother disowned me from their family.

I didn't want to be like this, having a million people to see and things to do. I'm barely inching around our little apartment. :)

We are talking about either coming for Easter or doing rotated flights [I go for a week, then hubbs goes for a week]. We'll see.

That would b nice but cant u get a pet sitter?? that would b so much less stress than traveling with all the animals. OR swing by my place and drop them off while u go visiting. I am not sure what animals u will get back, but want to offer lol

Ahahaha!!! Well I think Kuma would do well with someone else, but Apollo is very shy and mistrusting with some pretty serious anxiety problems [which is why he decided today to use our car as a restroom] so I wouldn't even be able to bring myself to leave him with anyone but my mom.

The gliders are a little more high-maintenance and so I'm nervous about leaving them with people because they have to be fed every night and what I make them is homemade and very specific.

The bird and hamsters are not a huge deal at all, really. As for Michiko, well, I don't have any bunny-loving friends except online.

See - I don't know anyone in the city we live in. Hubbs has a few friends, but they're all lazy and self-centered. So ... there's really no one for me to leave them with.

Oh yes Michiko I will definitely take her when u come up north...then she will be mine Muahahahaha

So then u get along with all Hubbys friends right lol

Some of them I really do! One in particular I am quite fond of. He is a very nice guy and is an animal-lover like me so he doesn't mind chatting with me about the dogs or Michiko or the bird or whoever I'm gloating about at the time. Lol!

The others ... they just ... irritate me with their endless ability to lazy.

My birthday weekend to Dallas was canceled because one of hubbs' oldest friends promised me months in advance to watch our dogs, but then at the last minute broke up with his girlfriend and bailed on his promise in favor of getting drunk and being selfish. I was furious!

Dogs *grumble grumble*. Leg *grumble grumble*. Oh look, a cute bunny!

33w3x38.jpg

6rhhcw.jpg

20ffo3.jpg

98hj46.jpg

2e67u4h.jpg

2mwrspw.jpg

*Batman Theme Music* BatRabbit! BatRabbit! BatRabbit! *Batman Theme Music*

:laugh:

I am happy to see u had time to take pics I know how busy u r with VACATION...no fare lol

Love the one with the ears in the air!!!

We love playing with her ears. She hates us for it, but lets us do it because she understands we're just stupid humans that find amusement in tormenting defenseless animals.

:rofl:

My apologies for not being around the forums besides updating in here. I haven't been at the computer much because of my knee issue. I went in for a drain yesterday and feel much better today. I'm walking again. I'm a tiny bit stiff, but it's not painful or uncomfortable. We had a good day today.

I'm a little frustrated that my local PetSmart only carries pellets for adult rabbits. I wasn't paying attention when I bought it, but noticed it shortly thereafter. I'm letting her finish off the bag, but she's almost done with it and I didn't want to keep her on the Timothy pellets since the dang store doesn't have any alfalfa hay, either. Cue frustration and wanting to kick someone in the pants. Seriously people, baby bunnies exist. Trust me on this one.

So I got on Pet Food Direct and ordered a bag of Alfalfa pellets and Alfalfa hay. Woohoo.

2dspr1l.jpg

Watching her grow into her personality and our family has been a real joy. She loves to be a pain and we love her for her quirks. She prefers to be up on the couch when she knows I'd rather she weren't. Today I put my healing hamster, Samson, in his run-about ball to have himself a good time and she had fun chasing him around the house. She even let him go in her room, where he got stuck in glob of wet rabbit poo.

:laugh:

Samson's wounded rear is healing great. The scabbing on each side has crumbled off and revealed fresh pink skin where he'll be growing new patches of fur soon. The middle of the scab is loose around the edges as well. He's very active and has a healthy appetite. He even jumped out of my hand twice tonight and dang near killed himself, but you know how hamsters can be, he wasn't even phased by the 5' fall. Turd.

My camera takes crappy shots in the Crittertrail.

294tevq.jpg

Here you can see the fresh skin.

2euud60.jpg

24qshdy.jpg

The zoo is doing great around here. Everyone is well-fed and in good health. Including me. My treatments begin December 2nd and I already have 3 appointments lined up until January 4th. Yay!

And it appears everyone around here - even the dogs - likes collard greens. Good thing too, we have a lot of it! Ahahaha!!!

Discussions continue on the possibility of a hedgehog. Hubbs loves the ones they post on Cute Overload and they've thoroughly piqued his interest. I think it's cute that he caught my sickness. :bunnydance:

I am happy to hear all is well. I didnt realize baby bunnies existed I thought they were an old wives tale lol.

WOW your little hamster took a butt beating but it is looking better even though the pics r fuzzy lmao

I need to correct u....U dont have a sickness with animals it is totally sane to want a zoo, its all the other ppl that r sick lol :)

AHAHAHA!!! So true, Denise!

We are obviously the sane ones and everyone else is crazy. It makes perfect sense!

Well I was having a super week until yesterday, but let's start with the good and move on from there.

Thursday: I phone my pharmacy for a birth control refill, get a message it's expired. Flip through phone book [hated my doctor last year], pick someone, phone them, make appointment for Friday.

Friday: Go into ridiculously early appointment and at the mention of birth control, tell doctor I want to receive sterilization surgery. He pauses for a second and then says, "I can do that. You're old enough to make the decision, you've done the research and you seem perfectly reasonable to me. I can get you in as early as next week." Thanksgiving actually messed up that calculation, but I am still looking at the first week of December once my results come in to receive my surgery. I phone my rheumatologist to let them know I need to cancel my infusions so I can receive the surgery and they tell me I can begin infusions one month after I am considered fully healed from my surgery. So ... bummer on pushing them back, but YAY for surgery! That sounds weird ...

Saturday: Phone mom to let her know about the upcoming procedure. She doesn't even know what a 'tubal' is when I mention it - LOL - so when I clarify she says she thinks it's stupid, but then leaves it at that. Now there's a big fight over my older sister. She has been weighing options as she just lost her place to live, so hubbs offered her the chance to live here a month ago, which she initially didn't take. She text me asking questions that made it seem like she is thinking about coming here, but with Michiko now taking up what would have been her bathroom we'd be in a jam to fit her into our already-crowded apartment. On top of that, she's got close to 20 animals of her own, most of which she'd be forced to re-home. Mom decided to call me unfair and then made a comment about how we are "no better than [my sister]" because we don't have the money to fill up our Escape and drive across the country to go get her right this second. I've been steaming over it ever since she said it, but the bottom line is my sister just wants to mooch her whole life and I've pretty much decided I'm not letting her move in because it's going to cause problems here that we certainly don't need. I've been treated like garbage by these people my whole life and it's over. My foot has been put down. I found my way - everyone else can buzz off.

So anywho ... the good and the bad, everything will work itself out and all shall be well. As a whole, I'm satisfied. I am about to get sterilization surgery which is very important to me. I am also preparing for serious treatments for health issues that I've been dealing with for 6 years. Looks like I'm losing what little is left of our broken family, but I'm not as sad about it as I thought I might be. After being everyone's 'black sheep' all my life, I've just lost interest in all the muck. I have no interest to care about people who don't care about me, family or not.

2dspr1l.jpg

The little ones and my husband are all the family I'll ever really need. :hearts

*Hits self-preservation switch*

Latest posts

Back