Got Ears?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yurusumaji wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
I LOVE your blog. I love your bunny but the dogs… I ADORE! Love poms have one myself. My grandma has her sisters.
Poms are something special, aren't they? They are so stubborn, though!

Still, even on the days when they annoy the crap out of me I still adore them. They are loving little boys.

Though Apollo is our shy guy. He doesn't discriminate, he just hates everyone.

Very stubborn. Though my girl is very well trained makes my family jealous.

I know the feeling, she can annoy the living daylights out me but I love to bits.

He sounds awesome!

Oh, these days ... the days where someone snaps and makes us all quiver in our corners. Ridiculousness that goes on in this world. The war? It's happening all around us, everywhere, it's in more places and creeping up behind more people than Jesus himself. We ignore it for a while and then someone with a gun reminds us that we should be alert 24/7 and always have a way to defend ourselves and our loved ones when the business goes down.

Today @ Fort Hood Army Base in Killeen, TX:
- 1 gunman, 2 pistols
- 12 dead, 31 injured

He was upset over an upcoming deployment. Hm. If you don't want to be deployed overseas ... don't join the Army. Duh.

It's terrifying that we no longer only have to worry about our loved ones overseas, but now also when they go to work on a day-to-day basis. I am so very glad my husband is getting ready to take a month-long vacation and stay home with me. Having him safe at home with me will be a phenomenal feeling.

It has been on my mind a lot lately - getting registered to own a firearm and then obtaining a permit to carry a concealed weapon with me. There are always things that scare me so bad they just make me feel like ... maybe I really do need one.

I need to pick up my reading again. I was working so hard on The Dark Tower series I really burnt myself out pretty badly by book 5. I'm about halfway through it and it's a very good book, I guess I'm just worn out.

Michiko did circles around our couch today. She was dashing around and my husband thought perhaps we'd actually driven her nuts with all of our love and grooming and treats. She calmed down pretty quick though, so I think she's just feeling more excited about her home. Finally getting used to us and starting to love her new place a little more. Maybe that's just wishful thinking. LOL.

Michiko is still fairly skittish, especially when in her palace. If I approach it she will first start to slink up on her front feet, then I'll lay down on my belly to show I am not a threat and she darts off behind the toilet. I keep forgetting rabbits aren't dogs. To her I must look like a predator getting ready to catch its dinner. Time to brush up on my bunny skills!

2mgwn86.jpg

2r3uws7.jpg

The sugar gliders are getting their first taste of green beans tonight. I put a couple pieces through the cage bars. If they were mealworms they would have been snatched from me! Still, Kami sniffed one for a bit and gave it a few licks - then he darted off with it! LOL! Might be getting more green beans in the future for them. Can rabbits have green beans? They're not listed on the food lists I have ... not under 'safe' or 'not safe'. So ... I don't know how I feel about that.

Grabbed Orchard Grass and a few more chew things for Michiko [a wooden carrot and Lava Bites]. She was quite excited about Orchard Grass. I put a little in with her Alfalfa.

Getting on a rabbit forum was probably a bad idea. All these multi-bun homes ... I truly forgot how much I enjoyed having rabbits, but Michiko has renewed that in me and she has really brought on a feeling of being whole for me. She is my heart bun, a breed of rabbit I never had the joy to meet in person but always dreamed of having. I adore her and I am extremely attached to her, even after such a short amount of time and I am grateful to have her in my life.

Still ... you dang people and all your cute babies. How dare you tease me in such ways! :grumpy:

Michiko is starting to love us and she is getting used to her surroundings. She's coming out more, getting even more inquisitive and has also begun taste-testing her humans. Poor hubbs got a nip in the hand while sitting on the floor playing his new video game. I later went to her room to find her bowl empty. LOL. Message understood. "I'm hungry enough to eat you!"

After the bite, they kissed and made up.
ih1jrp.jpg

And she hugged him, bunny style.
r1lno1.jpg

142scxc.jpg

14vl9pl.jpg

Before that box was empty it held my 2010 Cute Overload Page-A-Day Calendar. :biggrin2: I suggest everyone order one. A cute animal a day keeps the blues away. I kept most of them a secret for the upcoming year, but we mused at which animals were on our birthdays. Hubby got a hedgehog, mom had a pug and me and my sister both got kittens. LOL. I always had a suspicion I was more of a cat person. ;)

The foot is getting bad again. I have an appointment for another Cortisone shot at the rheumatologist's on Monday. I was smart and talked hubbs into going with me to take the dogs for a walk on Friday and we had a great time. I'm glad I did it before I was unable. It was so refreshing.

Having lovely weather here, hope next weekend give us more lovely weather. If so, we may head out to Dallas to visit the zoo. I have been waiting to pet the stingrays for 2 years!

I'll explain stingrays on another day. Hope everyone had themselves a lovely weekend. :rainbow:

I love the pic's!! :)She is just beautiful!! I want a ELOP now. After seeing 2on ROthey are just gorgeous!! :biggrin2:

Sorry to hear your foot is flaring up. Hope the cortizone works.

Had a rheumatologist appointment today. I love my rheumatologist. Today's visit is the visit I've been waiting for these last 5 years - a long-term solution.

First off, my infusions will allow me to put my pills away. While I am on my infusions it will calm both my Chron's and arthritis, which is phenomenal. Getting treatment will also help my body bring its iron stores back to normal.

The downsides are that I have to get infusions once a month [which is not a big deal] and it will take 2 hours for each infusion [which I consider a downside, but really I have all the time in the world to sit around with an IV in my arm]. It will also be stressful to move with this treatment going on because I have to make sure I have a doctor lined up where I'm going and that they are ready to start my infusions when [or shortly after] I arrive. And of course this is a lifelong treatment because it will control my Chron's.

In the end, I of course feel that the benefits this will bring me largely outweigh the cons. Serious side effects aren't a big problem with this treatment, so I'm feeling very confident about getting it all underway. Insurance is a pain, but they are hoping to get my treatment started in the next couple weeks. I've already phoned my PCM and told them to contact my rheumatologist to get referrals taken care of and once those are done we just have to wait for my medicine to arrive at my doctor's office. Woohoo!

Normal life, here I come! :bunnydance:

Your pictures are cute. I think Michiko is going to keep you on your toes.

It sounds like this are better on a number of fronts. I hope things continue to improve for you.

Thanks guys! I was feeling much better when I exited the office yesterday. To have a treatment available that will take care of all my of my big illnesses is a really great relief for me.

I've been fighting Chron's for 5 years without success and the arthritis for 3 of those 5 years, also without success. For someone to tell me what I have as soon as I walk in the door and tell me there's a treatment perfect for me that's available - it was the best thing I'd ever heard in my life.

Well my 2 boys Robo and Samson were getting along at first, but it appears there has been serious fighting for a little while. Samson is a total submissive, so he's injured and raggedy. They've obviously been fighting while we've been sleeping in the night, as Samson's entire rear end is one enormous scab and he has small bites on his back feet. Poor bubs. :( I immediately removed him when I heard the fight break out and kept him in a bowl until hubbs got home. He now resides in a huge footlocker until Thursday when we will go out and get him his own digs. Rigging the water bottle was a pain.

Samson will make a full recovery. I also noticed he's so submissive he won't even nip me. Not even a taste test. This is rather exciting for me and I'm contemplating the possibility of him becoming my "hand hamster", since I am certain Robo is far too much of a grump to ever be handled.

For now though, I gave him fresh food and water and got him his own igloo so he can get some rest.

1zl831h.jpg

2n0677l.jpg

33n95pi.jpg

Last night I tossed Michiko's bed into the washing machine, as it was quite saturated and disgusting. When I opened the washing machine to move the bed into the dryer I discovered a machine full of bed fluff. She's chewed a hole in one side and a large amount of fluff from that side escaped into our machine. LOL. Crazy rabbit. The bed still appears to be acceptable according to the queen.

Michiko also met our Green Cheek Conure last night and got a nip to the nose. HA HA! She ran away and is no longer a fan of her feathered roommate, though Phoenix is interested in scoring some hoppity transport. Michiko refuses to oblige. :laugh:

Thank you, godzirra! :hearts

Thank you, April. :) I will definitely get a pic if it ever goes down. I totally missed a pic last night of Michiko in the dryer!

Thank you Denise. Samson does appear to be in some pain, so I gave him a box full of Kleenex and he's been resting up for the past day. He'll make a full recovery and tomorrow he's getting a new house all his own!

you have a lot of pets and I thought and was told by my mum that my place is like a zoo. We (my fiance and I) only have 4 rats and 2 rabbits.
And what you described re your health problems it is all related to Crohn's (arthritis, anemia ) but you prob know that.

Victoria wrote:
you have a lot of pets and I thought and was told by my mum that my place is like a zoo. We (my fiance and I) only have 4 rats and 2 rabbits.
And what you described re your health problems it is all related to Crohn's (arthritis, anemia ) but you prob know that.
Ha ha - yeah. Every time we add on my mum gives me the "Ugh." response. LOL! I miss having rats. :) Someday. We enjoy the crazy that goes on around here.

So a couple nights ago Michiko discovered she can get up on the couch. She's rather taken with herself over this and my couch continues to shrink in size, it seems. LOL.

Today Michiko discovered she can jump her gate! Isn't that fantastic? I might as well take the thing down if it didn't keep the dogs out. She jumped out today and neither of us were any the wiser. The dogs are running and barking, which is normal for them when they are playing together. It was out of pure luck that hubbs happened to look over at them and see poor Michiko fleeing in terror from the beasts that pursued her. I had to rescue her from her hiding spot behind the sugar glider cage.

We left for the market for not even 30 minutes and came home to a loose rabbit. She was out prancing around like the owner of the house and then when she decided she was hungry she jumped right back into her room. I swear I'm going to start charging her rent. Ha ha ha.

Michiko has settled in really well. She binkies on a nightly basis and loves nothing more than to jump up on the couch when I'm by myself and eat my Doritos bag and book. I try to find things for her to play around with, but she's generally not impressed with anything I give her. Boxes, toys, etc. If it's not food, she doesn't care.

We have started her on collard greens, which she approves of and enjoys on a nightly basis. She started with a very small piece and gets a little bit bigger of a piece each night. This seems to be going well.

Now I just need to figure out how to keep her in that room ...

Oh yes - and there is talk of hedgehogs. Hubbs made me promise no more pets and then today after seeing a hedgehog peeking out of a cup on Cute Overload he blurted, "Maybe we'll get a hedgehog someday." I think he has decided he wants one. LOL.

There is hope my treatments will start within the next week or two. I'm excited!

Considering the possibility of a harness for Michiko. Would love to take her to the beautiful green park on base that our dogs enjoy.

ej7w2p.jpg

wow so much going on by u. Michiko is such a charecter keep up with the cool stories.

Jay Jay just decided he wanted up on my desk and then wanted the Mountain Dew I had sitting there too. He dumped over the can (huge mess) I caught him sitting on the desk licking up the soda... then I couldnt get him to move when I was cleaning it up he was fighting me as if to say "No No I can get that"

Latest posts

Back