From cupcake to Gracie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told yall it was bad hahaha...shes starting to get cactus butt too lol...its hard to even hold her because her fur is flying everywhere in clumps and sticks to me...my face was covered in fur this morning just from taking her out of the hutch. I keep brushing and plucking but it seems to make it worse. Poor girl

What kind of brush are you using for her?
I have a slicker brush that I like, it grabs the fur and holds on to it and I also have a furminator that I like for the dog, but not for Foo. It doesn't do much for her.

Lisa, I remember the Rex molt....floating fur everywhere. Olivia would NEVER let me brush her. She was a diva and didnt like to be touched unless she allowed it. Rex fur sticks to EVERYTHING

Oh god, don't even get me started on Rex fur *pulls a few strands out of my wine glass*.

It's everywhere. All the time. And she never stops fluffing!

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I have a mini rex that is going through a molt right now as well. Something I have found VERY usefull with most breeds is this https://www.bunnyrabbit.com/brcom.html It is the blue bottle one called Show My Fur. I have used it for 6 years and LOVE it. (Also this site has EVERYTHING for rabbits. The people who run it are GREAT [I have met them many times] They ship fast and it is free shipping if you pick it up at a show that they are vending at).

By the way, if you do end up getting a Furminator, I do not suggest the small animals one. Personally it is way too small and I don't know about Gracie but Phoenix's hair is too thick for it to be effective! The medium size dog one works perfectly on her though in my opinion. :)

I haven't updated this in awhile. I really need to do better with it.

So here's an update. I'm still pregnant. Which really stinks lol. But not much longer to go. Gracie is doing great. She lost quite a bit of weight during her molt but she is starting to fill out again. Her fur doesn't look like a weed eater attacked her anymore haha. She is my pretty girl again.

Tonight was the first time my husband has actually seen her funny side. He came home and I was trying to get audrina fed and Gracie was throwing her bowl around because it was her dinner time too. I kept saying "you're next Gracie". My husband realized what she was doing and started to laugh hysterically. He didn't know rabbits will act like that when they're hungry lol. So he actually walked over and put a handful of hay in her hutch and said "after all that work, you deserve some food". You would think I never feed her.

Last edited:
hehe... mine do a real song and dance every time they think they're starving. they can't pick up their pellet bowl because it's attached to the cage, but they'll make a racket at times and will be totally underfoot whenever I'm in their pen. it's pretty cute, which seems counter productive... I've never understood why animals get so much more affectionate when they're hungry. mine think they're being starved again today because I've been lazy about picking oats out of their oat hay so I can feed it to them - they're getting a mix of oat and coastal and they don't believe me that coastal is food.

Well Gracie had me up thumping all night long! The cats wouldn't leave her alone so I ended up locking them in the laundry room. Bad idea. They tore up the laundry room. Stuff is everywhere. Which in turn made Gracie thump more because she could hear all of it. Then this morning we got a phone call that my husbands uncle passed away. He had cancer and it had spread to his organs and bones. Then he got a bladder infection and was refusing any medication. The nurses and doctors said that bladder infection and not taking his meds will give him toxemia and that would be what would take him sooner. He passed at 6am. He was my husbands grandfathers last living brother. I never met him because he lives in Louisiana. My husbands grandfather just got back Saturday from visiting him in Louisiana.

Last edited:
At least he got to see him before he went. Thats so sad, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll be here if you need anything!

I'm also sorry that your cats went crazy and made Gracie go crazy, lol.
Hopefully they stop messing with her. My cats seem to think Ellie is prey and one of them tries to hunt here when shes out of the cage. So she can't be out alone, until she's grown. lol

Mine don't usually mess with her but when they do, they tag team. One will sit on top of the hutch and the other will stand on his back legs on the floor and put his paw on the wire.i usually spray them with water and it sends them flying away from her lol, but last night they were terrible. Must have been a full moon lol

So I let Gracie out and put her in the kitchen with the baby gates up. The reason being she ate one of the bulbs on my christmas tree and theres nowhere for me to put the cords from the tree. I need to get something to block it off, but its coming down after christmas...so its not much longer...anyways, she jumped the baby gate and went straight to the tree...I got some of the cutest pics though lol...get ready for a picture OVERLOAD!!!
Running under the couch...i love her bunny butt lol
SAM_3034_zpsce82dac8.jpg

PERISCOPE!!! I love it
SAM_3036_zps6ba75a30.jpg

Pretty girl!
SAM_3037_zps14db7bf9.jpg

Under the couch again
SAM_3038_zps725e6ea7.jpg

Chinning the tree so we all know it is her tree lol...see all my cords, thats why she has been confined to the kitchen lol
SAM_3039_zps9e14bd5c.jpg

Just hanging out
SAM_3040_zps9d7d7f34.jpg

SAM_3042_zpsacd26068.jpg

Awww what good pictures of her! She's such a pretty girl.
The picture of her laying under the tree looking at you, she's like "This is MY tree mama! Don't come near it!"

What another pretty girl. I love the picture of her outside, she has such an expressive face. She sounds like she´s a real sweetie. Haha aren´t they all the same, hope she didn´t eat the tree, I don´t have one this year. I´m glad really as I´d be forever worrying what Houdini would chew or eat first.
And that photo of her going under the sofa. Mine do that all the time, I always tell them off as I´m sure they´ll start eating it.

How awful that she saw her mate killed, what a shame but good that she´ll eventually get another companion.

Gracie you´re a little cutie pie.

Latest posts

Back