From cupcake to Gracie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I took Gracie by the vet's office today to visit...they weighed her and clipped her nails for me. Surprisingly, she is only 7lbs. By her size, you would think (and I thought) she would be at least 10lbs. The vet said she just has a lot of fur and a lot of muscle and is in great body condition. I was shocked! But Im glad to know that she is a healthy girl :)

Well, I havent update in awhile. So I will fill everyone in. Gracie is an absolute joy. She has settled in to the routine of the house and she is quite the diva. For some unknown reason, she goes behind the couch and thumps her feet numerous times. I dont know what is back there that she doesnt like but I almost think its a game to her. She was doing it one night and my husband was sitting on the couch, she thumped her feet behind the couch and he hit the floor with his hand. Then she thumped and he hit the floor again. Then she came out, looked at him, went back behind the couch and they went back and forth again with thumping. Its so funny.

She is very demanding. She knows what time she gets certain food and if I'm even 5 minutes late getting it to her, she grabs her bowl and bangs it on the hutch or she flips her litter box over. She makes me laugh.

When I feed her, if i walk by while she is eating and stop and talk to her, she starts GOBBLING her food down like I'm going to take it from her. She is a little piggy :)

Im going to try to get some new pics of her today and post them. Stay tuned ;)

Lisa, I have thought about it a lot. I really want to wait to get her husbun until our son gets here and I get adjusted to having 2 kids. I dont think I would have enough time to bond her with another bun and adjust to having a newborn and a 3 year old and my husband working til 4pm everyday. So im thinking in about 6 months or so. But I definitely want to get her a mate. Im thinking (hopefully she will agree) about getting another rex. I just love their personalities.

Thank you Alice :) That made me smile.

Oh yes I agree. I remember what it's like with a newborn and bonding rabbits would NOT fit into that in anyway at all:)

I took Gracie outside for the first time today. As far as I know, she has never felt grass. She did surprisingly well and enjoyed it :) She loved eating the grass and clover. Here are some pics. I also added a video. Hope you enjoy :)

Here is the video, just click on it

Cleaning her face
SAM_2920-2.jpg

SAM_2922-2.jpg

SAM_2919.jpg

SAM_2918.jpg

Crazy ears!
SAM_2917.jpg

SAM_2914.jpg

SAM_2913.jpg

SAM_2900.jpg

Lisa, speaking of expression, when I first brought her out and she felt the grass, she was like popcorn. Bouncing in the air because she didn't know what it is haha

I like when Foo puts her ears up and they're like airplane ears. It makes me laugh. Sometimes she'll just walk around with her ears all the way up. Shes like 'I want to be a regular eared rabbit today!'

Gracie is going through a molt right now and it is TERRIBLE!!! She looks like she got in a fight with a weed eater and the weed eater won! Yesterday her head looked like a Lionhead. This morning it isn't so bad...heres some pics

SAM_2951.jpg

SAM_2950.jpg

SAM_2948.jpg

SAM_2947.jpg

WHOA! She looks like a crazy bunny! Its like she stuck her paw in the light socket!
I've never seen Foo like that, it just collects at her butt! hahaha.
Just keep plucking her and plucking her, eventually you'll get it all out.

Latest posts

Back