From cupcake to Gracie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So for those of you that have read my blog and know about my escape artist dog....I think its funny when my husband says "I fixed the dog kennel...she cant get out this time"....30 mins later, shes out....this is her masterpiece this time

405635_4172755976994_318510637_n.jpg

Wow, I think you may need cast iron welded fencing to keep that dog contained! That's one clever animal :)

Poor little Liam(and You!). It sounds awful! I'm glad though, that you've finally found something that works. That picture is cute! It looks like he found a carton of blueberries and had a yummy feast :) Do antibiotics even affect thrush? Wouldn't you have to use an antifungal to clear up a fungal infection?

We are about to weld the whole thing with a second layer of REAL chain link fencing and weld some metal plates around the whole bottom so she cant get to it.

They usually give nystatin. Im not sure if its an antifungal antibiotic or what. But thats usually the protocol. I seriously think it is what made the thrush worse. Antibiotics can cause yeast which is why your supposed to take probiotics with it. The first time he was on the medicine they told me to use Lotrimin on myself...it makes no sense to me really. We have two more doses of this gentian violet to take. But as of today, i see NO SIGNS of thrush at all. Except two little patches on his tongue which im sure these last two doses will take care. Before we had even done half of the doses, it was already pretty much gone

Haha, that's pretty funny that your husband says he fixes it and than 30 minutes later she's out again, lol. She is one smart doggy. It kind of reminds me, one time we were waiting for a phone call and my father was saying why don't we just email him. He's obviously not calling. And than just a few seconds later the phone rang and it was the person we were waiting for to call. My and my mom and my brothers had a good laugh. And my dad didn't think it was funny at all which of course made it funnier, lol.

I'm sorry about Liam and you having Thrush. But I'm glad you found a cure! I agree with Jenny, it looks like he found a big bunch of blueberries and had a feast. He's so cute in that picture with his cute smile. :)

When he says those words to me i just look at him with this "sure you did, did you forget who our dog is?" look on my face....and he will say"im serious, she cant get out this time"...its a vicious cycle lol. But we might be on to something. The area she usually gets out of is what he fixed last night. She tried to get out there but she couldnt, so she found another spot. So we are gonna do what my husband did in that one area to the rest of the kennel and see what happens

Do you know I´d forgotten all about gentian violet, we used to use that when I was a kid and it got everywhere and everyone knew you´d used it haha.

He does a funny face with all that staining but if it´s clearing it, then it´s definitely worth while. I tell you, some of the old remedies are definitely the best.

The dog escaping did make me laugh. Looks like he´s going to have to make a better effort to keep her in. Sometimes, they outsmart us all lol.

That gentian violet is BEYOND messy. I wore the same shirt for three days and would wash it everyday just so I didnt stain everything. And I kept Liam either naked or in black onesies lol. We are officially thrush free. Only problem now is my boobies took a beating from it. Because of the alcohol in it I have cracked nipples which is AWFUL when he is nursing. So we are trying to fix that problem now. Been using Lanolin cream, olive oil, and a little neosporin. Seems to be working

They have these gel pads that you put on your nips, you put them in the fridge and get them nice and cold and put those suckers on and its INSTANT relief. I think that I got mine at Bye Bye Baby, it was worth the $10 I spent on them!
http://www.diapers.com/p/soothies-gel-pads-by-lansinoh-22632?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=LA-017&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1338722492&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=LA-017&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}

This is another brand that someone recommended too. I've never used these particular pads, but I do really like the Medela brand. You can also find Medela products at Bye Bye Baby. I'm not sure that you have those where you are, but that was one of my favorite baby stores when AJ was little, for the small things like this because they were cheap but everything else in there is crazy expensive. haha.
http://www.diapers.com/p/medela-tendercare-hydrogel-pads-4-ct-309679?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=MED-036&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1338703088&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=MED-036&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}

Hope the tatas feel better! haha.

I have the Nuk brand gel pads. I can use them hot or cold. They are really nice. Everything else I have is Medela brand. Pump and everything. But thanks for the info :)

So I am fostering a bunny right now until my vet can find him a home. Im trying to convince my hubby to let me keep him. Thats not going so well. Everytime I walk by and pet him or talk to him my husband says "Dont even look at him because you will get attached and WE ARE NOT KEEPING HIM!!!" ugggghhhh. Anyways, he is a REW New Zealand male. He is neutered and his name is Danger. He is an absolute sweetheart, but Gracie HATES him. I just got him yesterday and she hasn't stopped thumping yet!!!!

983525_4193537256513_1985065962_n.jpg

975656_4193536216487_1961872815_n.jpg

973846_4193538696549_137532546_n.jpg

972504_4193536896504_140134709_n.jpg

What a sweetie that bunny is. If I were fostering a bunny I would want to keep him too. What an adorable little guy.Maybe you'll be able to convince your hubby to let you keep him. ;)

I hope so. He is so much more relaxed than Gracie. If gracie is flopped out and i walk by she will get up. But Danger will stay flopped and just look at me with this "whats up" face lol

I am such a sucker for REW´s just like my Snowy. He´s so handsome, I hope your hubby changes his mind and lets you keep him, you´ll just have to work on it. :wink

You have just made me laugh out loud....Danger will have a lot to thank you for if you are successful :wink

Sorry I havent been on in awhile. Life with two kids is CRAZINESS!!! PURE CRAZINESS!! I thought I had adjusted well to it but now that Liam is somewhat mobile...its interesting...umm whats with the new design? I liked the old rabbits logo thing with all the bunnies!!!
Well, Danger found a new home. I wanted to keep him but Gracie was not having it!
Liam is 6 months old now and rolling everywhere! So close to crawling!
Audrina is as crazy as ever!She starts school in september.
We are on our second courtdate with Audrinas bio dad. He had someone file for paternity of audrina by giving this girl Power of attorney. Needless to say that got dismissed. Now he has appealed it. So I go to the lawyer today to deal with that! fun Fun..now pics of the kids :)

1070033_4439390402688_38358302_n.jpg

524826_586579098026805_482214156_n.jpg

998840_4385744381571_1635039783_n.jpg

1001192_4421055784334_105607776_n.jpg

1001378_4422826948612_1343676116_n.jpg

1005587_4334622903566_312989959_n.jpg

1017287_4367218438434_1916778710_n.jpg

So one of Audrinas friends (Caleigh) spent the night last night. She is IN LOVE with Gracie. I let her hold her, and she did really well. Her mom just text me and told me she's going to kill me because Caleigh is asking for a bunny now. hahahaha....i told her Caleigh is too small for a bunny to take care of on her own (shes 6) but if she would take on the majority of the responsibility for Caleigh, she would fall in love with a bunny too! We will see what happens. If she decides to get one I'm going to take her to the rescue I got Gracie from :)

That would be cool if she got a bunny! But like you said, the mom would have to do all the work for a while until Caleigh was old enough to understand. But they're never to young to start teaching animal care!

Your childrens are adorable. I just want to eat Liam up! And Audrina is going to be a knock out!

Back