From cupcake to Gracie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morgan, I almost called you the other day just to say hi...its been forever since we've talked...as soon as i pulled your number up, my phone died! Story of my life. i swear if Nick doesnt plug it in for me at night, it will die...BC I CANT SEEM TO REMEMBER TO PLUG IT IN!!! These kids are killing my brain cells...hahahahaha jk jk. Believe me, I am going to have a good dinner one night if I cant keep fighting the urge to eat him up too!!! Wanna come over for that?!?! lol jk again!! I just had a Sparks energy drink and am bouncing off the walls...forgive me...and audrina is going to get locked in a closet and the door baracaded!!! She is never allowed to leave the house and she cant date anyone until she is MARRIED!!! lol...thank you for the compliments!

What great photos, I was thinking about you last week. Liam is just gorgeous, he is growing so quickly and what a cute smile. Audrina, yes you will have to lock her up, she is going to break hearts haha.

Would be great for her friend to have a bunny but mom is going to have to do most of the work. Would be great if she rescued from the same place you got Gracie. I see so many bunnies on the rescue sites, wish I had a massive place and loads of money and I´d be the crazy bunny lady with hundreds lol.

Thank you Chris. Liam is a momma's boy. I HAVE CREATED A MONSTER! hahaha. Audrina is such a daddys girl. I needed a child of my own lol. Nick hates it. But, he cant have them both! Hahaha. I have FINALLY started taking time to myself more regularly. Thats really nice. At least once a month I take a day and go to dinner or a movie or shopping...SOMETHING...with my neighbor. She makes me leave the house lol. I just hate leaving the kids, but I do need my sanity. I have also started playing golf with Nick. I dont much care for it, but its something me and him can do together. So i suck it up and do it. It makes him happy. We have been going fishing alot lately too. I love to fish. Its so relaxing and exciting. Especially because we go night fishing. Nicks sister comes and spends the night and watches the kids so we can fish at night. Thats when all the cool fish come out haha. Horseshoe crabs, sharks, all kinds of stuff...we saw a school of sea turtles one time. Wow, Im really scatterbrained today. i just changed subjects 3 times during this post lol...i have so much to fill in on here

I have to take time to myself too. Because my child is a monster for real. haha. I couldn't imagine having two. But AJ is in the terrible twos phase and its getting pretty bad when we go places now. I've become that parent that has to take their kid outside to beat them! haha.

My phone is always dead too, or it doesn't ring because it gets no signal in my house. So half the time someone has to call me like 10 times before it actually rings. The better thing to do is text me because I almost always get texts within 20 minutes of them being sent. Its ridiculous though. haha.

Oh, now to fight this child into eating his food. He fell down like 2 steps today and hit his chin and has a puffy lip. So I think his mouth hurts. Poor thing, but he shouldn't have been on the **** steps!

I used to caddy for my older brother, I was great at finding his balls and everyone elses lol. Had a try a few times but I like something more energetic but it´s great that you can play together just for the fun of it...don´t worry, you will get better.

Good to get out of the house with another adult and leave everything for a while. I´m finding that with my mom here. She´s been in the house for the last three weeks and I really miss just being in my house on my own. It´s not the same just going to my room for a while. Keep it up and enjoy your time, it will make you return so much more ready for everything.

Never been one for fishing. I remember when we were kids, my younger brother and me always pestered my dad to go sea fishing every year and the one year he gave in and let us. We spent the whole of the journey out throwing up over the side of the boat and really weren´t up to fishing anything when we stopped. We did enjoy the ride back with all the gulls chasing the boat to see if there were any titbits. I still laugh about that day even now. Sounds like you catch loads of different things, do you eat what you catch ??

Morgan, THE TWOS ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO THE THREES!!!!! Threes are AMFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!! I swear Audrina is possessed with Satan sometimes lol...but now that she is turning 4 in 7 days ( OMG I JUST REALIZED SHES GOING TO BE 4!!!!! WHERE DOES THE TIME GO???) she is getting much better. We rarely have tantrums anymore and when she does she just jumps up and down and cries lol...no more screaming and kicking and i cant remember the last time I had to shut her door for throwing a horrific tantrum! It's gotten so much better. Especially now that we are in a routine with Liam being added to the family. Thats the big thing, keep a routine.

Chris, here, we catch croaker (i dont like them or how they taste..they make this "eerrrkkkk" sound, literally sounds like a frog...No i bait my own hook, cast my own line, take my own fish off, but i will NOT take a croaker off...they dont have teeth or anything, but I HATE THAT NOISE LOL!!! My husband and audrina eat them. Trout, Spot and Mullet we eat...if it's a legal size, we bring it home and eat it. My favorite is tilapia (i make fish tacos with them, ive never been a fan of fish tacos, but my hubby made me one with tilapia, avocado, tomato, salsa, cheese, lettuce and sour cream...SO GOOD! We also do freshwater fishing. We dont bring any of those fish home. I did catch a 5lb bass one time! That was fun.

Ok so Gracie is looking really thin, and as most of you know, she is a no pellet rabbit. She wont eat them. I have even tried the Sherwood Forest and she wont touch them. I have done some steel cut oats and it isnt really helping...so what can i do to get her to eat pellets? I think she needs those extra calories! any suggestions?

Can she have alfalfa? You could try slowly introducing some alfalfa hay into her diet, or you could try an alfalfa based pellet. Sometimes the alfalfa based pellets seem to be better liked than the timothy based ones. As long as she doesn't have sludge issues, it should be ok. I give a small handful of alfalfa hay to one of my rabbits that can't have pellets, just to keep his weight up.

Or oat hay? Will she eat that? I would maybe take her to the vet too, I know you have a great vet. Maybe he can help?

I love fish! I love fish tacos too, especially from the Mexican food trucks. LOL They're so good.

I think I have a pretty good routine with AJ, but he's still so crazy. His new thing is, he hits something when you tell him no or he stomps his foot. I just want to smack him. I think I'm going to have to start with time-outs. Ugh, the dreaded time-outs! I hope his three's are worse than his two's, if they are...I'm jumping off a cliff. Just kidding, but I might put him in a sleeper hold.

I want to go to the beach and go fishing now. LOL

Jenny, i will try alfalfa hay, she wont eat the alfalfa pellets...tried that route. But I never tried the alfalfa hay.
Morgan, her hay is a timothy/orchard grass mixed hay. I'll pick up some oat hay too. I had her in the vet about a month ago and her blood work and everything is fine. They said as far as health goes, she's perfect...she just needs some weight on her. She is also going through a molt right now too. But i've seen her molt before and she doesn't get this thin with it. The vet said to try crushing up some pellets and adding it to her greens...she wont eat them if I do. tried it. She just hates pellets. Ive seriously considered putting a little fruit juice on it lol. I don't want to go that route, but if I have to I will. ive tried mixing it with pumpkin, no dice. I've also thought about pureeing a sliver of banana with some water and pour it on the pellets. She can't resist banana. The vet thinks the no pellet diet has caught up to her too. Especially with the molt on top of it. i regularly take her to the vet now bc I'm terrified of another Olivia incident and not catching ANY sickness in time.

Can you force feed her pellets? Or get some Critical Care in the fruit flavor and see if she'll willingly eat it? That could help a little. Thats what I would do.

Well everyone, I hate to say it but, we found a pellet Gracie will eat....as ridiculous as it is and as much as i hate that she eats this brand, she loves them an is putting weight on and looking fabulous. She loves the WalMart brand of pellets...Not oxbow, not sherwood forrest, not kaytee, not purina, etc...freaking Small World brand...absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!! What can i say, she's cheap hahahahahahaha Heres some pics of her looking beautiful and full again :)

1185679_4601890065078_1009367463_n.jpg

1185825_4601888185031_1481494433_n.jpg

1231430_4601892865148_295914366_n.jpg

Haha, she´s looking great and that dewlap is fabulous. What a girl, she likes the cheap brand, no accounting for taste but glad you´ve found something she´ll eat.

Thank you! Let me tell you, this is how cheap these pellets...$7 and some change for a 25 pound bag. But she likes it, so I guess I have to be ok with we picking the cheap stuff lol. I love her dewlap. I try to feel it sometimes but she grunts at me when I touch it haha

Ellie used to eat Small World. Its made by Manna Pro, which is a good brand. Now she just eats the regular Manna Pro.

I'm so glad she's doing so well though and she finally found a pellet! She's lovely.

Ok, last weekend we went to my friends sons birthday party. He turned 9 and wanted a superhero costume party. So everyone dressed up. We had a blast. Im not into the whole super hero thing, but I enjoyed myself! I'm attaching a picture from the Super Hero photo booth!! My husband dressed up as Thor. Everyone wanted him to because of his hair. I still have no clue who Thor is lol

Sooooooo, yesterday audrina had her "name tag/meet your teacher day" at her preschool. It went very well and I really like her teacher! Today was her actual first day. I was doing good until I dropped her off. The teacher came to the car and got her out, Audrina looked at me and said "Bye mom, I love you!" and walked into school. I BURST INTO TEARS!!!! I was a blubbering mess the entire 3 hours she was there!!! I came home and fed Liam and then decided the house was too quiet, so me and Liam went to the grocery store. Then I came home and cleaned. I can't believe she is in preschool!!! Where does the time go?!?!?! My baby isn't a baby anymore. Well I asked her how her day was and this is the conversation we had....
Well, when I picked Audrina up from school, this is how our conversation went....
Me: What did you learn in school today?
Audrina: I dont know
Me: Did you learn a letter?
Audrina: No
Me: Did you learn a shape?
Audrina: No
Me: Then what did you learn?
Audrina: I cant tell you, its a secret.
Me: Did you sing?
Audrina: Yes
Me: What songs did you sing?
Audrina: The songs my teacher picked
I guess she had a good first day lol

1233488_4645160906822_692630146_n.jpg

1238335_4645162946873_188698925_n.jpg

1235331_4649826383456_1464788457_n.jpg

1235454_4649826023447_22421953_n.jpg

1236198_4649883624887_934732668_n.jpg

1004515_4645672719617_2061624483_n.jpg

66964_10152405914541515_1414111093_n-1.jpg

Haha. Those pictures are great!
I can't believe she's in preschool already! It looks really nice. Is she doing like a few days a week? I want AJ to do that, I hope I can find a nice one soon!

It sounds like a good birthday party!

Yes she goes 3 days a week. Monday Wednesday and Friday from 9:15-12:15. But on Wednesdays she can stay an extra hour and have lunch with her teacher. We pay 135 a month. Which is a great price for our area! We have some here as high as 700 a month. That's like paying a second mortgage lol

I just love the pics, you have two very cute kids with great smiles.

Audrina looks lovely and that backpack, well it´s nearly as big as her. She always looks like a happy little girl and that smile lights up her little face. I´m sure she´s having a lovely time meeting new kids and interacting with others and of course, learning new things. I suppose that at some point, they have to go out into the world to become them.

That is SO cheap for preschool. Here its like $150 for three days a week. So you pay, $600 a month for preschool. Its insane. I'm going to wait until he's three I think, then we'll make the leap into a good school. Some of the REALLY good ones at like $1200-$1500 a month for full time. Could you imagine? Thats insane.

But AJ loves other kids, so he would probably be like "bye mom!" then run off to join the other kids. haha. He's crazy like that.

Back