Fresh Water Fishes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is...
BeforeRabbitry016.jpg

mistyjr wrote:
I can try get a picture of him... But if that is what it is. I read it can take over a year or so to get big. So I can always get a bigger tank like 55 gallon.. It wont be no problem getting a bigger tank
If your fish like the one in the last link you sent, thats an Otocinclus. It wont' get big. They grow to about 2" but need to be in groups. Have you seen yours attach itself to the glass and clean it? Otocinclus have sucker mouths.

Here is a pic of what a Siamese algae eater looks like. This one is mine. He is 6", big and fat. He has a torpedo shaped body, and no sucker mouth(look at the last pic).

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ok your fish looks to be an Otocinclus.

Thats good since they are good algae eaters and stay small. The only problem is that you need to buy a couple more once your tank is cycled and stabilized. Otocinclus need to be in groups. Also be careful as they can be delicate fish and sensitive to water quality.

degrassi wrote:
Ok your fish looks to be an Otocinclus.

Thats good since they are good algae eaters and stay small. The only problem is that you need to buy a couple more once your tank is cycled and stabilized. Otocinclus need to be in groups. Also be careful as they can be delicate fish and sensitive to water quality.
I have 2 of them in my tank...

I got a long blue stone air in the back and the bus haves air coming out too... And we got an moss ball in there to bring oxygen and food to the fish... But it had a dang snail in it... Grrr

Your tank looks nice, I like the white gravel.

If you want to getthe benefits from live plants you are going to need more than the one moss ball. Maybe try some java fern. It's pretty hardy and doesn't require high levels of light.

I have a small snail infestation in my 20 gallon... and I've never bought a live plant. They're a bit of a pain.

Are those the danio glofish? I just read about those in my genetics book!

missyscove wrote:
I have a small snail infestation in my 20 gallon... and I've never bought a live plant. They're a bit of a pain.

Are those the danio glofish? I just read about those in my genetics book!
Yes they are the glofish.

I have gotten fish that where from a petsmart that had "snails" attached to them or something like that..
but I had very hungry fish who loved the snails :)

This is making me so jealous! I want my large tank back..
I can only have a 30 right now. My goldfish are only 2" and are on thier way to my friends 125 in 1 week. (It was my tank, lol, I sold it to them when I move into my apartment)

I was thinking of doing community in the 30..

If anyone wants to give me ideas on what to put into it that would be great

The snail was in the moss ball that we have gotten. Its a little thing. My hubby wants to flush it or something... I hate them they have tooooooo many babies

Myia09 wrote:
I have gotten fish that where from a petsmart that had "snails" attached to them or something like that..
but I had very hungry fish who loved the snails :)

This is making me so jealous! I want my large tank back..
I can only have a 30 right now. My goldfish are only 2" and are on thier way to my friends 125 in 1 week. (It was my tank, lol, I sold it to them when I move into my apartment)

I was thinking of doing community in the 30..

If anyone wants to give me ideas on what to put into it that would be great
The drawf Rainbowfish are pretty.
http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/easyfish.htm

Yeah, but it is hard to find a quality rainbow fish in person, and angelfish get quite large and are high matnience. :/

Latest posts

Back