Fresh Water Fishes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see the snail in the picture.

It's probably a trumpet snail, many times you will see them in petstore tanks. Actually I have them in my tropical tank and I put them there on purpose. I think they are cool looking little critters :biggrin2: I don't have lot's of snails in the goldie tanks as they eat them.

luvthempigs wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
God ye americans have totally different names for your fish, As far as I can tell a Beta would be called a siamese fighter fish in Ireland or am I incorrect?

If I'm right I currantly have 1 in with plety and some guppies! and two plants that need some major trimming lol!
Yes, Bettas are also known as Siamese fighting fish.
That's good to know as I was wondering what a betta was:? I do have a siamese fighter too:)
But my favourites are gold fish. I just set up a new tank with two: Jelly and Custard:biggrin2:

Sabine wrote:
luvthempigs wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
God ye americans have totally different names for your fish, As far as I can tell a Beta would be called a siamese fighter fish in Ireland or am I incorrect?

If I'm right I currantly have 1 in with plety and some guppies! and two plants that need some major trimming lol!
Yes, Bettas are also known as Siamese fighting fish.
That's good to know as I was wondering what a betta was:? I do have a siamese fighter too:)
But my favourites are gold fish. I just set up a new tank with two: Jelly and Custard:biggrin2:
I never new you kept fish?

They are doing all great.. But I put the drawf african frogs in there and the upside down catfish ate them alive.. But I got rid of him asap.

mistyjr wrote:
They are doing all great.. But I put the drawf african frogs in there and the upside down catfish ate them alive.. But I got rid of him asap.
What species is your upsidedown catfish that it was big enough to eat a african dwarf frog whole? Because a Synodontis nigriventis(aka upsidedown catfish) shouldn't be able to eat a ADF, they only get 10cm long and have smallish mouths.

What do you mean "got rid of him"? What did you do to the catfish?

He ate the legs on the frog and would eat the parts of the fish until the fish would die. He wasnt that big. I had him for a very long time. I gave him to my husband's nephew.
I will never get one again. Everything I put in there we would ate the fins and everything eles until the fish, algea eater, or frogs leg

I have the 6 in 1 Quick Dip Tests in on strip.
My daughter wripped the chart off the bottle and I cant find it. Is there any link that I can download and print. I have been searching on the yahoo and cant find anything except they want you to buy the strips??

mistyjr wrote:
I have the 6 in 1 Quick Dip Tests in on strip.
My daughter wripped the chart off the bottle and I cant find it. Is there any link that I can download and print. I have been searching on the yahoo and cant find anything except they want you to buy the strips??
You'll have to email the company that makes the dip tests and ask if they will send you a new chart. Printing it off from online won't work as the colors may print differently then they should look.

Latest posts

Back