Fraggles ate a ghirardelli chocolate square!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol Fraggles is so funny. If i wasn't a tall, clumsy human id be all like "oh yeah? well i can do that too" flick my feet "how you like them carrots?". xD

Wow that's a hefty vet bill! I took Pip to the emergency vet the other night (turns out everything was ok) and just the consultation fee cost $190. Over night stay i think costs $80-$100 per night so i can see how it could easily rack up to that amount. >.<

Huggglllzzz

Hey Katie, has MY Fraggles completely recovered?

Give her kisses from me :big kiss:and DaisyMae :big kiss:.

Susan:inlove::weee::pinkbouce::tonguewiggle

So glad to hear that Fraggles is ok! I meant to post in this thread earlier, and I could have sworn that I had! It's amazing how quickly vet bills can add up.

I'm sure that it will take some time for Fraggles to forgive you, but deep down I bet show knows that you helped her :)

Fraggles is completely recovered from her ordeal. After much discussion on if Jason left chocolate on the table or if it was planted by tans.....We are going with the more logical choice....blaming pesky wicked tans. Clearly there dislike for the fuller figured Fraggles made them do this....Darma where were your tans when all this happened?

hhhhmmmmm..... I'm starting to wonder if it is tans that go into my closet every night and sew my clothes just a little smaller? Are they speciest or do they dislike full figured human gals too? :p

MiniLopHop wrote:
hhhhmmmmm..... I'm starting to wonder if it is tans that go into my closet every night and sew my clothes just a little smaller? Are they speciest or do they dislike full figured human gals too? :p

LOL:biggrin:

I had a rabbit go through a nasty poisoning issue as well and I am glad Fraggles made it through ok. I hope she is still pooping normally? When my Tony had ivermectin (long story, I thought I was helping him, but he ended up having a genetic susceptibility to it that made it toxic to him), he was out of it for several days and at the vet with a similar treatment protocol. However, ivermectin has the opposite effect as theobromine--it is a depressant so they didn't need to give him sedation, he was already very low activity. Theobromine and caffeine (in chocolate) are stimulants, which is probably why her heart rate was elevated. For Tony, they could not get him to take the charcoal orally without fear of him getting it into his lungs, so he had a charcoal enema. He also wasn't eating while he was there, so combined with the charcoal, it took several days and gut motility drugs to help his GI get working normally again.

Again, so glad she is fine and that you got her to a good vet ASAP. I can personally tell you that is not expensive for toxic substance exposure vet bill. It is a good reminder that there are things we take for granted that can cause our bunnies harm.

Also a word to the wise--after my same Tony (who is a troublemaker, although the ivermectin wasn't accidental) ate a tiny bit of chocolate without getting sick, he started going nuts for it. He would try very hard to get it out of our hands, off the table, etc. Strangely enough, she may seek it out in the future--don't assume that this bad experience with it will register in her mind.

Latest posts

Back