Fraggles ate a ghirardelli chocolate square!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. Luck us there is a good vet about six blocks from our home. Fraggles has an I.V and there going to give her charcoal. We are waiting for the tech to come in and give her a sedative then we won't see her again until tonight about 9.30.

Yes I am glad that Katie acted quickly. When she was visiting me with Pudden, I can tell she loves rabbits and knows bunny body language.

I knew that chocolate was dangerous for dogs and cats, but I didn't know that chocolate was bad for rabbits. I have a motto where if I doubt it, I don't give it to or use it around my rabbits.

YAY Katie! You have acted quickly and were able to get Fraggles in to the vet. I hope that Fraggles is continuing to do okay. I will keep her in my prayers. Katie: thank you for allowing me to post an update on her.

bunnychild wrote:
i use that motto too
That is always good. I have a abundance of flies and I saw that there was a fly killer by raid, but I was doubting using it around my rabbits, so I didnot get it. I got fly paper traps and the flies are disappearing and plus I swat them with the fly swatter.

I am glad that I know her too. Yeah I would have thought the same thing. Now I will know to take my rabbits in if they ever ingest chocolate.

So Fraggles is staying the night and as much as we want to hover we are headed home. The vet says she will be fine but she will be staying to moniter her heart rates. She is getting charcoal as we speak. She is mildly sedated and is going to have blood work in the morning. So now we go home and are having a wonderful dinner of xanax.

Sorry Katie, as fast as you acted I am sure that the charcoal, fluid and power of prayer will carry her through without any ill effects. She is too dear a little munkin for anything bad to happen to her. I would say try and relax but know from experience that is not possible. If she is sedated she should sleep.

Thank you Alma. The vet is sure that Fraggles is going to come threw this just fine. Jason is a wreck cause he left the candy on the table and he knows she can get up there. The vet is very nice though and said that this kind of thing happens and the biggest issue is just how greedy she is.

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
So Fraggles is staying the night and as much as we want to hover we are headed home. The vet says she will be fine but she will be staying to moniter her heart rates. She is getting charcoal as we speak. She is mildly sedated and is going to have blood work in the morning. So now we go home and are having a wonderful dinner of xanax.

And the vet will probably be able to afford that patio extension. ;)

Looking at the math (such that it is) in the other links, she's well below toxic levels, but precautions are good, this is pretty standard.

Rabbits seem to be far more resilient than cats and dogs.

sas :bunnydance:

**** happens. Tell Jason to quit beating himself up. A good lawyer friend once told me that a mistake is just a mistake, learn from it and leave it behind. We have all LEARNED a very valuable lesson at Fraggles expense. Benjamin would have done the same thing, but Len probably would have fed it to him not knowing the damage it could cause. She cannot help it if she is greedy. She attacks life full on, that is what makes her so unique, lovable and funny. Hopefully she learns from this.

lol I thought the vet was expanding his master suite. We are not even thinking of the bill right now. Its bad enough that she won't be here tonight circling,thumping *cough* humping *cough* or beating up her plastic hanger.....

I am sure that Fraggles is going to be alright. Try not to worry about her too much, I know how hard that is, because when Sweetie was spayed I worried a lot and was not okay until I got her home with me.

Fraggles is in good hands and you are a very good bun parent and so is Jason.

I just got word from the vet. Fraggles is doing good. She had charcoal and that went well. She is still getting fluids and she is very sleepy. He said her heart rate is normal and that it was elevated when she was first brought in. But she will be just fine and we can get her in the morning.

Latest posts

Back