Fraggles ate a ghirardelli chocolate square!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I got home and let Fraggles out then went to take a shower. When I came back she was finishing off s ghirardelli dark chocolate square with raspberry filling. She pulled it off the coffee table after my darling husband left them there. She ate most of it and her vet is not in today.

Milk chocolate or dark chocolate? How big?

:p

Okay, looked it up. At least it's not solid chocolate, but it's a problem. :(

Let me get a link or two from previous cases. You'll probably have to take her in somewhere for treatment.

How long ago? How is she right now?

sas :clover:

Dont focus too much on a rabbit "savvy" vet, just a vet that will see a rabbit. The treatment for dogs and cats the eat chocolate is fairly similar to bunnys (except the vomiting) Since we cant make rabbits vomit she may need iv fluids to help flush toxins from her system before they do damage.

The Infirmary > i think fred might have eaten some chocolate (12 replies - 135 views) 13 Dec 2007What kind of chocolate was it? Dark chocolate is usually more harmful than milk chocolate, since it generally has more theobromine and caffeine (Ingredients in chocolate ...

The Infirmary > Charlie raided the Chocolate Chip bag (75 replies - 907 views) 27 Mar 2007I'm doing more research but want you to have this NOW....I googled chocolate & rabbits and found this out:
http://vetmedicine.about.com/cs/nutritiondogs/a/chocolatetoxici.htmWhat are the signs of ...

The Infirmary > helpp please!!! (Freddy's chocolate escapade) (53 replies - 806 views) 18 Jun 2005So if I'm doing the math right (in my head- fora lab this place is amazingly short of calculators!) Freddy should have consumed less than ...

I have just texted Katie and she said that I can post updates for her on Fraggles.

Right now they are at the vet and the vet has taken Fraggles and gave her charcoal to absorb the caffeine and has been given IV fluids.

I think this is a huge wake up call for some of us less informed bunny owners. I for one was not aware of the extreme danger of chocolate. I just thought that it would give them a tummy ache. Prayers for the little girl.

Thank you Julie. Please everyone pray for Fraggles. It may help her pull through quickly and be okay. I am praying for Fraggles right now.

Please God: help Fraggles pull through this ordeal as she is a very loveable rabbit and is very much loved by her bun parents and everyone here on the forum.

Latest posts

Back