Flemish Fever

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they call em' puppy training pads. Those little blue pad things. It beats having to strip his stroller done to bare ones when he has an accident cuz mom don't stop quick enough lol

Tina

yup...'k.

Works for me!

I'll keep it in mind in case I use a stroller.

I think Buck Jones can visualize Cali in a stroller. What the heck! If we take her out on the boardwalk, it would save her Lazy Bones a lot of exercise And - keep her dry at the same time.

Crazy as it sounds, I think you're onto something here, Tina.

-Carolyn

Sounds crazy but I swear by them and buyI buy inbulk. I like that he doesn't have to sit in his accident. I can take it out right away and put in a clean one. I also keep some for in the car when we take him with us. What better to carry all the neccessities than in his/her own

ApollosDiaperBag.jpg

diaper bag.

Tina

Oh do any Flemish owners feel bad for their buns because most rabbit supplies (cottages, houses, beds, etc.) are too small for them? I looked at a rabbit stop booklet today and was justwondering.

I know I do.

I end up having to buy all of Apollo's things in the cat or dog section. His harness is for cats and his leash is for dogs. I usually can't get anything from the bunny section except for yogurt drops.

Tina

Ya i always have to buy in the Dog section, someone bought me an XL bunny harnessforchristmas andit doesnt even go half way around him. And when we went to go buy him acage we couldnt find one that was any where near big enough for him. Sowe built him one, 5ftx5ft, it was really expensive, but well worth it!

1i.JPG

Mr. Nim just sayin Hello to all his fellow Flemishes!
36_1_39.gif

Tina said I should post this story for you fellow flemish owners out there:

Vash has been on a mission to destroy my ARBA hanbook for the past few days (chewing). Well, you will not believe what he didlast night... HE PEED ON THE ARBA BOOK!He hates the book cause I had it stuffed under somethrow pillows on the couch. He must have dug under the pillows and pulled it out because it was laying out in the open when I found it. Imagine me picking it up thinking "I know I hid this book, why is it out...hmm, it's wet...wait *sniff sniff*that's pee!"

So, I fussed at him and put him back in his cage (laughing the whole time).When Iasked him why he was being such a naughty bunny and peeing on the book, hegot right in his litterbox and peed in it. Oh, he is looking so pitiful in his cage right now. Guess Vash can be a softy too when he needs to be. Ignoring the sad pitiful rabbit looks for now.

VASH 1 ARBA 0

I will order another book when I renew my membership this month. :p

That's Hysterical, Jenn!

Hello Back, Mr. Nim.

I'm right there in the dog section of the pet stores, and the like, when shopping for things for Cali. I don't even try to goin to the rabbit section when I have something in mind for her.

TSC has a nice selection of horse supplies as well. Thinking if Cali gets any bigger, I'll be shopping in there next.:shock:

-Carolyn

I love it. I went to bed thinking aboutwhat he did.

Poor Vash is trying tospare you from trying to "Raise A BetterRabbit". You can't improve on perfection.

Come here Vashy, We still love you baby.

Mr.Nim!

Tina

Hey Nim!!! I go to the dog sectionsto buy things, but I wish they made XXL sizedrabbit-specific stuff like the wooden rabbit houses with the cute little cut-out holes in them.

Aglnu13 wrote:
Ya i always have to buy in the Dog section, some one bought mean XL bunny harnessforchristmas and it doesnt even go half way around him. And when we went to go buy him a cage we couldnt find one that was any where near big enough for him. So we built him one, 5ftx5ft, it was really expensive, but well worth it!

1i.JPG

Mr. Nim just sayin Hello to all his fellow Flemishes!
36_1_39.gif
Tina, you'll keep saying you love him until he pees on THE TRUCK.

I have a question.

What's a good travel carrier for Flemish. I'm going To the Boathouse Bunnies Party. I need something that will fit in the trunk of my car but is big enough for Apollo. I may need more than one too and I'm at a loss. Dog crates?

any ideas?

Tina

Funny you mentioned it, Tina, because I was thinking about that the other night. The only thing I could come up with in my mind was a dog crate.

I've got to figure that out too because as it stands, I have nothing for Cali at the moment.

It's going to be so excellent to have you and all the other wonderful folks together at that party! I just signed off on the rental, security, and rooms for rent this past week.

:dude:

-Carolyn

Jenniblu wrote:

Tina, you'll keep saying you love him until he pees on THE TRUCK.

Vash peeing on The Truck may not be a bad thing....hmmmm....Vash would be here to do the deed....and pee cleans off....OK.

I could and on Vash and Apollo.

;)

Tina

Side Note: Cali loves the plastic bag that holds the hay more than the hay itself. :?

What a bird!

-Carolyn

Do you think a collapsable dog crate would be enough for Apollo. I'm not too worried about the actual tripuo, he either sleeps, looks out the window or lays in my lap.

Would a Medium sized dog crate be ok for a baby flemish? Or are there options I've not thought about?

Tina

Hi Tina,

The collapsible cage would be perfect. I think you'll have to have two medium dog cages if you're picking up the babies though.

Can't think of anything else that you can easily move around and store, as well as something that's big enough.

Lord knows that you'll need more room for packing the buns and all their goodies than you will your own bag of clothes.

:)

-Carolyn

GreatNews!

I did some research and contacted three Flemish breeders. I told them I was looking for a doe I could use for show and breeding. I got two emails from two different breeders.

One breeder will have a light gray and the other breeder will have both a light gray and a steel gray. I will be getting the girls in July, while at the Boathouse Bunny Party. I'm leaning towards the one breeder only because I'd rather not make two trips but if I have to that's fine too.

My son Jeremy loves Greece and has decided that our Flemish are all going to have Greek names. We have picked out names for the girls:

Adara, for the Light Gray doe, it means Beauty

Damara, for the Steel Gray doe, it means Gentle.

So much to do so little time.

Tina

Carolyn wrote:

Lord knows that you'll need more room for packing the buns and all their goodies than you will your own bag of clothes.

:)

-Carolyn

You ain't lyin' lol. Between Apollo's diaper bag, A diaper bag for each of the girls, strollers, cages, food, hay, emergengy kits,portable playpen... maybe I need to rent a van instead of a car;)

Plus stuff for us humans...hmmmm...wonder if I can rent a moving van lol.

Tina

If I hadn'theard it all, I sure have by now!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back