Flemish Fever

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Athena has been on my mind more so than usual lately. I got to thinking about how much fun having two Flemish was.I'm working on getting two girls and possibly another little guy within this year.

I was wondering how many of ya'll are Multi-Flemish homes or are considering more than one Flemish. Crazy question I know but I'm curious.

Tina

The only thing that holds me back, Tina, is the amount of space.

Other than that, I'd have as many as my home could take.

-Carolyn

I would have tons of Flemishes if i couldbut...i dont think my mom would be very happy about that! Lets see I have had him since June of 2004 so less then a year,so he is about 11 months old. And he weighs a whopping 22lbs...sometimes it is super hard to carry him ANYWHERE! He has a girl name because when we went to pick "her" up the breeder told us "she" was a girl...so i named her Nimue. But a few months down the road we were having territorial problems between him and my dad. Nimue HATED my dad! The second my dad would walk in he would run over to him and try to bite his leg...so my dad said that we had to get him fixed. And it worked! So far we have had no more territorial problems....but my parents are still very afraid of him....i just have to keep telling them that he is just a big ball of mush! My mom cant understand why I like my flemish so much...she thinks that in order for a rabbit to benice it has to be little...HA! I wouldnt live without my Flemish....he is just a baby in a big bunnies body.

Here is another pic of him, we had this taken at petsmart. He was like 5 months here.

Wow! What a gorgeous picture of Nimue.

Can't blame people for being intimidated by them. Did you read Tina's story about Apollo and the telephone man? It's hysterical.

I had adopted Cali from a girl on this forum because they couldn't keep her. She flew in from California, and when I took a look at her in her travel cage, I thought to myself, "What did I get myself into?" I was hoping that she was every bit as sweet as her first mom said she was. Low and behold, she's even better.

When many of my friends first met Cali, I had to convince them that she's running up to them because she's excited to meet them, not because she wanted to bite their finger off.

22 lbs?!:shock: Good Lord! Well, I guess she's hard to carry sometimes!

-Carolyn

Thanks for ansering ya'll. I mentioned I wanted about six Flemish and my hubby freaked out. He said one was enough and I said no way.So I thought I'd ask ya'll while he tries to locate a straight jacket.

CArolyn, I love theway Cali *oops* the Puppy sort of freaked you out the first time you met. That is so funny. She is such a love bug. I know you would. But between King Cool, Miss 'TTude,and the Puppy, you got your hands full-literally;).

Ayglnu13, Nimue is so handsome. The orange of the pumpkins really shows off his white coat. :shock:22 lbs., Apollo weighs 18 and seems to be holding:(.Have you considered a stroller to help make getting him around easier?

Cinnabun, I am sure that one day you will get your Flemish. Just have faith.

Tina

22lbs? Great googly moogly! He is quite the looker, Ayglnu13.

Tina, I know what you mean about wanting more than one Flemish. Can you imagine how spoiled they would be?Oh, and the sound (and sight)of multiple Flemish running up to greet you at snack time?

OH! This is too much! Now even I must think about having a Flemish!

Raspberry

attachment.php

Ya Nimue's parents were 25lbs (buck) and 20lbs(doe) so he could get even bigger! i asked the vet if this size was normal and she said it was because he is "Big Boned" He is such abig boy!

Carolyn- I just read that story this morning, i was DYING laughing! It was soo funny that i called my mom over to read it. She said she knows how that guy feels!

Tina- I have never seen a flemish in a stroller....but now i am seriously considering it! I have always wanted to bring him to my brothers soccer games, but it is kinda hard to carry him around all the time! He would probably fill the stroller up!

This is Mr. Nim compared the size of the piano...

Nim is just gorgeous.

Check out Apollo's "wheels".

MostAwesome.jpg

-Carolyn

ayglnu13 wrote:
Ya Nimue's parents were 25lbs (buck) and 20lbs (doe) so he could get even bigger! i asked the vet if this size was normal and she said it was because he is "Big Boned" He is such abig boy!

He is such a pretty boy! I just want to borrow *cough* steal *cough* both him and Apollo.

Tina, how do you get Apollo to stay in the stroller? Flemish owners want to know...

I'm sureCali would take to a stroller. She's LAZY!!

-Carolyn

Believe it or not it was easy. I let him mark it before I ever tried putting him in it, thought it would help if it smelled like him. I loaded up diaper bag and the camera first. I put his harness on him and away we went.

I think that the motion is what kept him from jumping at first. He had a few accidents at first but we figured it out.Now he'll scatrch at the back to let me know to stop. He jumps out, does his thing, then either jumps back in or when he's in a 'pamper me' mood I put him back in.

Now I really do think he looks at it as his travel carrier. He loves to be in it. It also doesn't hurt that now he's level with human hands...all the better to pet him with lol.

I must admit, the stroller has enabled me to bring Apollo places I probably never would have if I didn't have it.

Flemish & Strollers = no pulled muscles

Tina

NOw now Carolyn,

We both know my niece is not lazy. She has Tucker and Fauna to contend with. We love them both dearly but wouldn't they wear you out all that glaring and pouting.

Poor Cali, you are so misunderstood. Maybe we can talk your mom into sending you on vacation, like to my house, for like um ...ever

Tina

Thanks! Don't have any kids, but a giant parking garage flea market usually has strollers for sale for only $15. Does your stroller have the leg holes or is it for really little babies to just lay inside?

dajeti2 wrote:
NOw now Carolyn,

We both know my niece is not lazy. She has Tucker and Fauna to contend with. We love them both dearly but wouldn't they wear you out all that glaring and pouting.

Poor Cali, you are so misunderstood. Maybe we can talk your mom into sending you on vacation, like to my house, for like um ...ever

Tina

BAGGED!

It won't happen again, Tina.

Jenn,

She even carries a diaper bag with her with all of his 'necessities'.

-Carolyn

i would love to push Nim in a stroller...but once i walked my flemish down the road...and my neighbors were laughing at me...it was kinda awkward...so i am a little worried about what would happen if i walked nim down the road in a stroller
4_18_5.gif

1t.JPG

Mr. Nim taking a nap in his favorite place....behind the water jugs....
4_6_2v.gif

Jenniblu, Apollo's stroller is the kind with the leg holes. I put the footrest up and recline it all the way. That way he can stretch out.
Look.jpg

In this one he's turning around so he can stretch out for this family to love on him. I found this one at a yard sale

I was painfully shy, but walking Apollo around the park, well walking him anywhere, I had no choice but to overcome. So I say why worry what others think. As long as you and your bunny are having a good time that's all that matters. Right?

I strongly reccomend a stroller. I am still training Apollo for pet therapy and they wanted me to put him in a basket...could you imagine.So we can use the stroller with some wwee wee pads and blankets.

Tina

Yes Apollo does have an honest to goodness Diaper bag

Latest posts

Back