Erika's Critter Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rescue had to take a rabbit away from an adopter due to neglect. :X They brought the bunny back since the rescue also provides bunny sitting services, to be taken care of for the 5 weeks they would be away. He may have fur mites and has a serious infection in both of his ears. It is so bad that at the base of one of the ears you can see a build up on pus under the skin and feel it. He is in pain and has hair loss on the ear from scratching trying to get relief.

The really sad part? If the infection has already spread he may be too far gone. :tears2:

Send those good vibes for him. Why would someone get a pet just to neglect the animal so horribly? I will never understand it. I just hope he will be okay. The scary thing is you just never know what people will do. You can screen all you want but once they adopt the animal it's all up to them. Thankfully, per contract, the rescue can legally take the bunny away due to neglect and lack of veterinary care.

I finally have a picture update! :biggrin:

Everyone is doing well, except my Betta Paz. I'm getting help from the Betta forum though. Felix goes in for his neuter this Wednesday the 28th. I'm not worried because the vet is super qualified and rabbit savvy. One of the best in this area of California. Send those good vibes still on Weds though!

Felix is very offended by the lack of new pics of him, so here ya go. :D

Pancake Felix...
a01a160c.jpg

Dirty Felix....
1f805a93.jpg

Handsome Felix!
b871afd0.jpg

Meanwhile our cat Cody (aka 'Baby' because of his helplessness and tiny voice) chews on hay that he will later throw up or pass in his stool. :yuck
da34beba.jpg

Dunkin peeks up from his cardboard castle and gives a silly expression.
c386263a.jpg

"I am king *chins edge*!"
68c43df4.jpg

Amber showing off her goofy ears...
353a88d8.jpg

And looking adorable as usual!
500dfe2d.jpg

I have a question too..
How do you get your avatar like that? like to switch pictures and look cool???

Awwww that is my boy Dunkin!

And ambers ears are sooo cute.

And felix..well it is felix! I love his markings so much. And those baby blue eyes!

UGH you are so lucky!

Thank you, thank you! :D

Whiskerz - I use a few programs and do a bit of editing.
Would you like one? If so shoot me a PM. That goes for anyone else that would like one.

YES! I'd LOVE one! But I have to wait until I can get my bunnies lol.
I am actually getting them this friday. They are older than I thought.

So, I will take some pics friday of them and send them to you? via PM or what??? or can I just post them here?

Yep, PM the pictures when you get them and we can go from there.

Congrats on your soon to be new bun buns! :)

Brought in Felix to be neutered this morning. I just called and they said he made it through just fine.

Going to be picking him up in about two hours.

Yay!

Great picture update! Such cute bunny's.

I have a dog that eats any stray pieces of hay, I think he believes if he acts like a bunny he will get even more attention.

Thanks Dave. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a carnivore who eats hay.

I'm very anxious right now. Felix may have an infection in one of his testicles after the neuter. So I'm taking him back in to see the vet later today.

Got bit by a rattie last night. Not one of my boys though.

[align=center]
[align=left]
39dba124.jpg

[/align]​
[/align]

Latest posts

Back