Erika's Critter Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
[align=center]
[/align] [align=left]Hello everyone! My name is Erika and WELCOME to my Critter Blog.
[/align][align=left]My goal for this Blog is quite simple. Share pictures & videos of my bunnies and other critters! :D
Animals have always been a constant in my life. I feel happiest when my fur-kids are happy! They really are my 'fur-kids' as I will never be having kids of my own. I'm very rescue friendly, meaning I support adoption/rescue of animals and volunteer my time to animal rescues. It wasn't always this way, but since I've gotten older and been through some tough times my eyes have opened. Currently I volunteer with a local rabbit rescue called Second Chance Bunnies (which I have been for over a year now) and a rat rescue known as Rat Haven Sanctuary. Enough about me now and onto what this blog is really about! Let me give you a personal look at each of the animals that I'm blessed to know and share our home with.
[/align]
[align=center]The Bunnies[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]- DUNKIN -
[/align][align=center]Dunkin is my heart bunny! I adopted him at 6 weeks old from a friend and member on this forum. She rescued his mother and siblings from being euthanized at a shelter. He is now 1 years old and doing very well! I love him dearly. He is a perfect gentleman but doesn't like being picked up and held. We have a very tight bond. Dunkin is around 5lbs and Himalayan in color. He is bonded to Amber![/align][align=center]
DSCF0035.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
d6d27af3.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align] [align=center]- AMBER -
[/align][align=center]Amber is Miss Adventure! She is also excellent in figuring out ways to get into places she shouldn't be. Amber is an absolute sweetie and fine with being held. From day one she was attracted to Dunkin. It took some convincing but now they are bonded and very happy. Amber is also around 5lbs. She was part of dumping situation in Lake Tahoe, California. Amber was rescued by a lady but then surrendered to Second Chance Bunnies where I saw and fell in love with her. I adopted her when she was around 5 months old, she is now 1 years old.[/align][align=center]
DSCF0007-1.jpg

[/align]
[align=center]
[/align][align=center]
DSCF0009.jpg

[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
f4bc37b1.jpg

[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]The House Cat's[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]- CODY -[/align][align=center]Cody aka "Baby" we've had since he was a young kitten at 8 weeks old. He was dumped with his siblings in a box at the Sacramento SPCA. They had to be fostered and bottle-fed. I'm not sure what happened to his mother. He was raised around the foster parent's dogs, so he behaves more like a canine than feline! The best way to described him is quirky. He eats hay, is obsessed with sniffing, sleeps under the covers, cries at night if you don't let him sleep with you, throws around his toys in the air when playing, and panting like a dog makes him insanely hyper and spazzy. Baby is neutered and 2 years old.[/align][align=center]
156840a6.jpg

[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
DSCF0005-1.jpg

[/align] [align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]- SASSY -[/align][align=center]Sassy, we've had her since she was a kitten as well and I grew up with her. Mother got her when a friends cat had a litter. Sassy is just that, Sassy. She wants affection on her time, is picky with food, and she hates strangers. I have a good bond with her though. She is spayed and 10 years old.

DSCF00182.jpg

[/align][align=center]
61108002.jpg

[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]

The Guinea Pigs
[/align][align=center]
- HENRY BENRY -

I rescued Henry Benry from a local animal shelter. He was being fed hamster food and had a severe infestation of mites that left open wounds on his back. He would scratch at them and scream in pain, it was awful. The adoption fee was only two dollars. He was treated with Ivermectin and made a fully recovery! He is a big calm love bug and loves his hippo cozy. Henry Benry will be turning 2 this year, though it's possible he is older since his age has always been a guess.

5570524c.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

[/align] [align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]- MOWGLI -

I adopted Mowgli as a baby from a supposed Guinea Pig 'rescue' advertising on Craigslist. When I arrived they were in horribly small cages, improper diet, and there was a known female in a males' cage! I couldn't leave without Mowgli so I payed the 'adoption fee'. They were rescuing these pigs, but were not giving them anymore of a better home in the big picture. I bonded Mowgli to Henry, they were pals for quite a while. Only recently did they start fighting really badly so I separated them. They are both much happier! Mowgli is a pig with attitude that has bit me twice. I accept him for his faults and we have a good relationship these days. I can groom and hold him without him trying to murder me, that's always a good sign, lol!

ac77d70a.jpg

74384a82.jpg

The Ratties

- ZEE -

2 year old Dumbo mismarked Siamese. I've never seen a rattie like Zee, he is a Siamese with a light hood and stripe down his back. He is my heart rattie and was saved from the feeder bin at a pet store. I couldn't leave him there. He had a rip in his ear and bite mark on his neck. He was originally being sold as a pet, but after getting a fight with another rat they put him in the feeder bin.
[/align] [align=center]
8ec28e4a.jpg

- KIP & BEAR -

Two brothers that live with Zee, both 1 years old. I got them for free off Craigslist when they were little babies to bond with Zee. All three took to each other instantly! I call them the three stooges because when you walk by their cage all three are clinging to the bars for a treat or lovin'. Kip and Bear are goofy boys that like to play. Kip is a beige mismarked hooded and Bear is the same except black in color.

DSCF0009-2.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

Baby Picture!

DSCF0063.jpg

Rat Pile!

b08bac57.jpg

Rat Cage

3bf00dd2.jpg

The Gecko

Taji is my Crested Gecko that I got from the Sacramento Reptile Expo after a month or two of intense research. I was drawn to the species because of the fact they eat a packaged & nutritionally complete fruit diet available online and at stores along with crickets once a week. Crested Gecko's are just overall very awesome. Taji is a big boy at 54 grams and is 3 years old. He lives in a 18x18x24 heavily planted tank that's kept warm and humid like his natural environment.

Fired Up

DSCF0001.jpg

Taji's Abode

6c6b3207.jpg

The Hamster

Pixie is my hamster who will be turning a year old in May. She was actually an impulse buy, sad but true. My heart hammie that was a rescue named Cozy had recently passed and I went into a small chain pet store that just happened to have adorable babies that tugged at my numb heartstrings. Needless to say I took her home. See, this is why Erika stays away from pet stores now.

70ee0911.jpg

25eebae9.jpg

[/align]

Thanks for the comments, Christina and Misty! :)

missyscove wrote:
Is this your first blog?
Great pictures! I'm looking forward to seeing more here.
Hmmm... I don't think it is. I believe I had two previously that I didn't really keep up with and they were strictly bunny blogs. I'm hoping to be more involved with this one since it's for all the critters. Will be adding to the blog later!

I love your crestie..I am getting 1-2 "pet only" when the next reptile show comes about.

Pixie is super adorable too!

And I really love Dunkin..he is sooo handsome!

Thanks Helen and Myia!

It's so beautiful outside today. The sun is shinning bright and I can hear the birds chirping outside. Spring has definitely sprung, everything is green and beautiful! Yesterday we had a small storm system pass by. I love how extra refreshing the air is after. I have the window open so the critters can enjoy the fresh air. Everyone is chilled today. Just overall a calm and lovely day. Amber was snoozing on her side next to Dunkin. I tried to sneak a picture but my camera died right after turning on and I'm out of batteries! Note to self: Buy more batteries.

I do have an adorable video I want to share of Dunkin & Amber.
I also don't believe I ever posted Amber's birthday video? Bad Erika!

Here they both are, Enjoy! :hearts:

[align=center] [flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/dneNFmyZjfU[/flash][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/IOZalGCX-rA[/flash][/align]

lone your animals!!!!! lone the piggie lips amd the rattie babies lookin out the cage!!!!!!!!

Wow, that is quite a zoo you have. I like the story about Cody, I had a similiar situation only it was my dog raised around cats. Sounds like a happy critter household.

Thanks Fran and Dave! :D

I haven't been able to update because I'm sooo exhausted. Went on a road trip with some friends to attend The Wonderful World of Rats at the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA in San Mateo. It was fun, I was there helping to promote Rat Haven Sanctuary. All the critters are doing good!

Great video! Everytime I try to video tape my buns, as soon as they see the camera, they'll stop and just sit there. Happy Birthday Amber!!

Thanks for the comments! I have new pictures to share. :biggrin2:

So has anyone else noticed their animals have gone crazy?! I honestly think they can smell/sense that it's spring now because they are all super hyper and active lately. Random note, as I'm typing this I hear Dunkin slurping water from his bowl. That's my favorite part about them having bowls for water! The adorable sounds they make when drinking, hehe. All the critters are doing great! On another note, Amber chewed through my phone cord... :grumpy: It's my fault really, I didn't bunny proof good enough. Amber being miss adventure will find the weakest point, not matter how small.

Dunkin and Amber cuddling, awww! I didn't even put them like this.
Amber just went over and plopped down beside Dunkin.

4ea2a304.jpg

Here Amber is enjoying her cute house... but has yet to realize it has been occupied.

fd2246da.jpg

I think she has noticed the fur ball below now, note the look of disapproval. ;)

9e4cb15d.jpg

I miss using a bowl for water instead of a bottle but Bayou sheds soooo much. I can change the water every five minutes and the water is still full of hair. :grumpy:

Jess- Yeah, that's a major down side! That and they drink a lot more water so I re-fill it every morning and before bed. They do have a water bottle available with the bowl of water, but they greatly prefer the bowl.

Rebecca- Thank you! :D

kherrmann3 wrote:
In that picture of them snuggling, it looks like Amber is pushing Dunkin over. :p
That's because she is, lol! She practically laid ON him, the poor guy. I snapped the picture just before he jumped up and went to explore. He didn't appreciate being smashed together when there was a huge room of space. Amber was always like that with him though, even before they were bonded. She would lay right up against his cage. She loves to cuddle with her husbun!;)

I was actually thinking about getting one of those little house for my girls, but I didn't know if it would hold the weight of one on top. Didn't want one to squash the other inside. Apparently according to your picture it should be fine! :biggrin2: Do your buns ever go inside?

Latest posts

Back