Erika's Critter Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should be illegal to have that much cuteness in one tiny package! (Felix)

Regarding the ratties, why is it that animals are at their cutest while eating, cleaning and sleeping? That's when people are at their not-cutest! :p

Thanks guys! :biggrin:

How do you tell when a Crested Gecko is sleeping when they don't have eyelids?

Their lashes curl down!

55bcb333.jpg

Felix is afraid of children. :(

Did I tell you guys how the breeder that needed to get rid of him had a young boy (around 5 years old) that would just reach in the cage and grab the bunnies by the middle? He would walk around holding them like that. It almost gave me a heart attack, I was so worried he would drop one. I didn't consider this could have made Felix fear children. He is sooo sweet with adults, will lick you like crazy. I brought Felix to a friends house with two children that were a bit older. I told them they could softly pet him. Felix sniffed and ran away with a thump! So unlike him. I tried showing Felix it was okay. Her children were very gentle and calm. Yet whenever they would pet him his eyes would be huge and he would just want to get away. It's quite sad. Yet another reason I'm very thankful we got him.

Aww...poor Felix :(. I am so glad you got him, too...he looks like such a little sweetie :halo.

You ask and I obey... :D

Felix has a new pretty harness! Funny story behind it, I couldn't find any that would fit him. Tried a kitten harness, too big had to return it. Toy dog breed harnesses wouldn't work either. Finally I got the bright idea of a ferret harness. It fits perfectly.

f5289cf1.jpg

"What is dis mom? *sniff sniff*"

cd61d4b2.jpg

"I is so handsome!"

b96e82e9.jpg

Also check out This thread - New addition!

How do you ventilate your hammy cage? I have been dying to get my hammie a bigger cage and I think I am going to finally cave in and get a tubberwear container (Desptie protests from James)

Can you post pics?

And that is an awesome picture of your crestie! Ugh I can't wait to own one again...I love when they curl down! Such a great photo!

And again..I could steal Felix..so cute.

Myia09 wrote:
How do you ventilate your hammy cage? I have been dying to get my hammie a bigger cage and I think I am going to finally cave in and get a tubberwear container (Desptie protests from James)

Can you post pics?

And that is an awesome picture of your crestie! Ugh I can't wait to own one again...I love when they curl down! Such a great photo!

And again..I could steal Felix..so cute.
Meep, sorry I missed this, I haven't visited my own blog in a while. :purpletongue

With my hammie bin cage I basically followedThis tutorial. Some things I had to get create with though, since I didn't have the proper tools. It's a huge pain in the butt (for me it was anyway) but it's so much cheaper than buying a 20 gallon long aquarium. Here is a picture of the lid. Any advice I would give is to make the hardware cloth extend horizontally as far as it will go. I left about 9 inches on both sides which was pointless, the way I have it does provide sufficient ventilation, I have yet to have a problem. I also drilled small holes in the front for added air flow.

84b3a22a.jpg

I'm off the the grocery store but when I come back I'm gonna give this blog a picture update of the bunnies and some extra critters.

I take that back, I will be doing a picture update later today. ;)

Netherland Dwarf's are so cute, but I can see how they aren't for everyone! They make up for their small size with hyperness. Felix can jump over a 4ft tall small animal pen! I've been having one heck of a time confining him in his playpen. I cannot wait until we get hardwood floors in the hallway because then he can play there, he's not fully litter box trained. Last night he kept jumping out of his pen, I went to move him away from his jumping spot. The little punk nipped me! It didn't hurt, just was a shock. Though he did nip me one other time after the vet was finished looking him over.

That's a bunny for you though, it's not like he could verbally tell me he didn't appreciate my behavior. :D

Felix is definitely a male, his testicles are starting to drop. He is a little over 3 months old now. I will be aiming to get him neutered at 6 months so he can finish growing completely/putting on weight. Also that way I know his testicles are fully dropped. Hopefully he doesn't start marking or turn into a brat before then otherwise we will neuter him sooner.

I will be back later to post pics.

Thanks so much! I will def have to try it out.

I agree with waiting until 6 months..I believe in the same thing. A lot of people disagree with me, but I find interupting the puberty proccess can be harmful.

And yeah, he sounds like a ND! Sounds just like my pinball! (RIP)

No stealing the Felix. :raspberry: Now picture time, before I forget again!

Here is Amber doing her best impression of my lamp.
Note I don't usually let her jump up there, hence the unprotected cord and remote waiting to have its buttons chewed off.
She looked so darn adorable though.
014892a4.jpg

Just lookin' pretty and adorable as usual.
3d0fa512.jpg

Dunkin wonders how he's supposed to ruin my curtains with a gate in his way.
3cac03da.jpg

The happy couple in their cage together.
f19d7021.jpg

Why does their "happy couple" picture remind me of "American Gothic"? :p I think it's their facial expressions. :D They are an adorable couple, though! (I love Amber's helicopter ears!) :hearts:

f19d7021.jpg

Dave, If I send Felix to you for the summer then you have to help figure out his perplexing behavior. ;) I honestly have no idea what to think or how to help him. He is giving me gray hairs at 22 years young! :panic: I will touch more on this problem later because I'm a bit pressed for time right now.

Tonight I'm going on a bunny rescue mission. A gal contacted another local rabbit rescue I volunteer with (Friend of Unwanted Rabbits) that she has stray domestic rabbit's on her property. She thought there was more than one but the second got picked up by a predator. So it's urgent these bunnies get help. We for sure know there is one. It's white with black markings and around 5 lbs. A foster home has opened up so a few of us are meeting at the property at 7 tonight. I will let you all know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back