EMERGENCY! Wiggles is not moving!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is she in a lot of pain?I think Excedrin will help. :(

"Common NSAIDs that are used include; aspirin, carprofen, diclofenac, flunixin, ibuprofen, indomethacin, ketoprofen, meloxicam, acetominophen and piroxicam."

I know Naprosyn is an NSAID, but it also caused protracted labour in lab rabbits, so youdon't want to mess with that.

Don't know about Excedrin, but I think it's an asprin. Not much to lose at this stage.

sas :cry2

Just saw your post. :sad:

Small consolation, but if it was a stuck full term kit back when she was due, the pain would have been a lot worse.

Hoping for a miracle here...

sas:pray:

My boyfriend read this and started looking up emergency vets he found this one and is going to keep looking

Chantale Robinson AHT Bs.
Salaberry Veterinary Clinic
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
514-334-7280

SPCA 24-hour emergency service and adoption. The largest selection of animals, shots included. Adoption service open from 11-8pm, 7 days a week, minimal costs, donations appreciated. 5215 Jean-Talon W., 735-2711

Mobile Veterinary Clinic Will make house calls. 389-1462

Côte St-Luc Animal Hospital By appointment, but has a 24-hour emergency service as well. 5330 Patricia, 489-6845

I have just read this and sadly can offer no medical help. But I am here to support you, please take care and I pray for the best outcome.
I willbe online for hours still tonight...

Love to you and Wiggles
:purplepansy::pray:

this one is 32 minutes from Montreal

listingArrow.gif

Hôpital Vétérinaire Taschereau - 450-465-6511
303, rue Lawrence, Greenfield Park, QC J4V 2Z5

MsBinky wrote:

Weight: 4.5 pounds

Date with Buck: Between July 7th and July 16th

Friday, August 10th, I took her to the vet's to find out what was going on with her. The vet felt absolutely nothing when she palpated her and decided against antibiotics, saying there was more risk involved in giving it than not since Wiggles was perfectly healthy at the time. She concluded that she had had a miscarriage and reabsorbed them though she did say that you can never be 100% certain in rabbits. She told me to watch for any change and bring her back if need be.

And here we are now... I just put Wiggles back with Bam-Bam yesterday. At first I saw all the fur and started laughing, thinking she was going through a false pregnancy just because she was with Bam-Bam but thenI noticed there was more to it.

Unforunately, I have no children so I don't have any baby stuff. My own pain needs to be controled with prescribed meds so this is what I have in the house: Ponstan, Naprosyn, Excedrin and the rest are migraine meds which I seriously doubt would be useful.

One thing for sure though, I want to make a bunny first aid kit!

Any news on poor wiggles? :(

Also just curious as to why wiggles was put back with Bam-Bam.....?

Hoping she is ok xx

marach8000 wrote:
Also just curious as to why wiggles was put back with Bam-Bam.....?
They were in the process of bonding (and had bonded) lastmonth, but even though Bam-Bam had just been neutered, it appears his sperm may have still be active. I'm assuming MsBinky was resuming the bonding process seeing as Wiggles saw a vet and appeared to be okay. :(

sas :clover:

Sorry guys,

I fell asleep with her. She woke me up by jumping around on me. She's looking better although still weak. I am definitely taking her in for antibiotics and a check up. But, she made it through the night! That is what I so desperately wanted.

As for putting her with Bam-Bam, I was given the all-clear by the vet. I specifically asked if I could and she said it would be better to just let them go back to normal. I was told she wasn't pregnant and that she was in perfect health. She told me to watch for any signs of something different and that is what I have done.

As for the vets, the SPCA has no clue what they are doing. I got Bam-Bam and I'm sorry to say I absolutely do not trust them. The others don't deal with exotics and when you call they tell you they would rather not touch them. I was referred to the DMV, which is in Lachine but I can't get there.

I will let you know how the vet goes. Sorry for falling asleep, I never thought it possible but I exhausted myself by crying so much... Thank you so much for all your help and encouragement.

Yes Pipp that is correct. When I bonded them at first I didn't realize that she could get preggy. My vet didn't think so either but when I explained she "ah yeah, true". Heh. I put them back together now because Bam-Bam is no longer a threat in that sense and I was given the go-ahead.

Im so glad to hear she made it through the night. Thats wonderful.

Is there any other vet you can make it to? I wouldnt go back to this one if you have a choice.

I'll be praying for your little girl.

Latest posts

Back