EMERGENCY! Wiggles is not moving!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
OMG I am freaking out :nerves1

I was doing my rounds and I noticed Wiggles didn't look okay. I tried to give her a treat but she moved away and she was kinda tipsy. That raised the alarm for me and so I wanted to get her out to check her... She wouldn't budge! That is really not normal because she always comes running when she sees me. I had to pull on the carpet to bring her closer... I pulled the carpet to the edge of the shelf and even though she was falling, she didn't react. :cry2I grabbed a polar blanket and wrapped her up. I put her on the sofa while I ran to get my syringe and stuff. When I came back she had her head down low but she hasn't budged at all. I also noticed that she pulled a TON of fur. Can she just be exhausted?

I'm soooooo scared! I did my part, I took her to the vet this week! Now I am terrified that she could be being poisoned or something. She keeps closing her eyes and I could hear her breathe. :bigtears:

What do I do????????? There's no emergency hospital, nothing! How can I get her to be okay until tomorrow???? I'm gonna syringe feed her some water now but I dunno what else I have around that can be useful.

:cry2

Could she be pregnant at all? When did she pull fur?

If she pulled fur - I suspect pregnancy and she could have a stuck kit and be exhausted from trying to give birth...you may need to flip her over to see if she has a kit or if her privates are enlarged.

I'm not sure what else to tell you - but with the fur pulling - that is what I suspect..

Peg

Oh no. I'd say this sounds like she definitely was pregnant and you have some stuck kits in there. This is probably her going septic.

I cant remember what happened. Did you get her to the vet when her due date came and went? Did they palpate or xray for dead kits? Put her on any meds?

This sounds so much like what happened to Binkies baby. She didnt make it through the night.

Is she crying or struggling in pain? Can you call around? This is definitely an emergency.

Yes I took her to the vet. The doctor felt absolutely nothing and decided she had a miscarriage. She decided not to do the x-ray because she felt it wouldn't give her an answer. She told me that she would be fine but that if I saw something to bring her back.

Well now I see something and I have nowhere to go! :nonono::cry1:She's not moving, she's not responding and her nose is barely moving. I don't see anything under her and her tummy is soft. :cry4:

Is there something I can give her to encourage her to expel anything that could be there??? She was fine a few hours ago. She was playing with Bam-Bam and snuggling. I assumed they both were napping. :(

You see something meaning a stuck kit coming out from inside? We can find you help on how to help her with it.......

Peg

She should have put her on meds as a precautionary. This is just awful. I really hope she makes it through the night but this doesnt sound good. Just keep her comfortable if theres no where you can take her.

:sad:

Cant you call around to other areas for an e-vet? Seriously, I would drive hours to get my bun to a vet in a situation like this.

ANY vet should be able to give her a shot of oxytocin to get that kit out and get the labor going....

Do you have ANY vets at all nearby that are open?

I have sent you tips from a breeder - but I want you to understand up front that they are RISKY....please read them through and think about it and if you have questions - PM me before doing it.

She HAS to get the kit out or she can die trying to give birth.....once she gets this kit out - she may be able to give birth to the others on her own - but she's so exhausted now that there is a good chance she won't make it - but you have to try to help her.

Peg

I know that this is a horrible thing to ask but I have to ask...

If she gets into major pain... Is there something I can give her to end the ordeal? I don't want to watch her suffer through this. Is there a med or something, anything that can knock her out kindly?

My friend went on to say:

if the kit is not removed the doe will become paralyzed or die

the kit can pinch the nerves to the hind quarters

As a side note - IF Wiggles makes it through the night - she will definitely need antibiotics.

The odds are good she's septic and its too late - I hate to say that - but it is the truth.

Peg

Lisa says that if you can get the one kit out.....the uterus will be limp and she probably won't be able to give birth to any other kits because she will be so exhausted.

HOWEVER...if she makes it through the night - a vet can give her oxytocin tomorrow morning to help her expel the kits and also get her started on antibiotics...

But that stuck kit right now is the biggest problem....

Peg

Im sitting here in tears. I'll say a prayer she makes it through the night.

I hope you have a car to use in the morning? Whatever happens, you need to have a long talk with your vet. This is sickening. Totally preventable.

Latest posts

Back