Emergency help needed ONTARIO TRANSPORT, TEMP FOSTER, ADOPTIONS, ANYTHING

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey b24karrot, I'm from Toronto. I'm not sure how far away Barrie is from Detroit.

Edit, I'm from Caledon, not Toronto..duh! lol Caledon is closer to Barrie than Toronto. I moved here last year.

Very limited income here, disablity and all, but we did just fill the truck up, so I do have two full tanks of gas and can't think of a better way to use it then saving a bun.

Any one know how far it is, could it be a day trip.

Let me know.

Thanks

Dawn

I sent an e-mail last night, waiting to hear back. If any can come up to North Bay I can pick them up there. I live 20 mins west of North Bay. I told the SPCA that I have room for 4 families. No response yet.

We have room for up to80 rabbits. If someone can get them here that would be great!All I needis food (pellets) I can provide the hay and carrots. Any volenteers with a van or truck?

I should note that I can only foster them for about 2 1/2 months. What happens to them after that? Anyone know?

Hi stopwarownarabbit:

I hope Barrie SPCA gets back with you soon!

The faster the bunnies get out of there, the better!

b24karrot wrote:
Very limited income here, disablity and all, but we did just fill the truck up, so I do have two full tanks of gas and can't think of a better way to use it then saving a bun.

Any one know how far it is, could it be a day trip.

Let me know.

Thanks

Dawn

Windsor is roughly about 6 hours from Barrie

Toronto is about 4 hours

sodepending on where you are in Detroit add about 1-2 hours, it could also be even longer depending on how the border is, I've waited over an hour just on the bridge before.

One more thing to add in case you were wondering, Rabbits don't require any paper work to be brought back and fourth from Canada to the U.S. so their is no worries there.

Hopefully this is some help.

More pictures from tonight.

DSC03231.jpg

DSC03224.jpg

For Peg

DSC03222.jpg

DSC03221.jpg

DSC03217.jpg

DSC03214.jpg

DSC03213.jpg

Susan

They are all so beautiful, Susan! How many babies are there altogether? It seems like so many!

My favorite pics are all the white ones smooshed up together. They are just gorgeous!

Well Chris and I will be leaving soon to take these beautifull Bunnies to their Forever Home. Boy I've only had them for 3 days and I'm so attached to them, they are all real Darlings but the NZ Momma is a real Sweetheart:cry2. She did a big Binky last night. That was the first one I've ever seen from such a big Bunny.

Susan:)

I strongly believe YOU ARE right about her first Binky!

Just by looking at Susan's pictures, you can tell, how grateful those bunnies are, for being SAFE, and properly beingCARED for!

They TRULY ARE DARLINGS :bunnyheart

I am in love :inlove:Especially with the lil light gray (chinchilla?) one!

I so wish I could foster but I had to put that idea away as I really cannot figure how to fit one in the appartment :tears2:I so love big bunnies, but then again, it was hard enough to let Charlie go that i guess i really shouldn't foster a big bun that I cannot adopt myself. I get way too attached. I am so happy that they are being saved. I think the whole situation is terrible.

I will do my part by doubling my efforts to find fosterand permanenthomes for them.

Just a quick update from our end.

Our two families are home safe & sound. I can never than Susan and Chris enough for their help - without them it would not have been possible to get these guys here safely. We were so happy to have met them as well, they are such kind hearted and sweet people. I just love them! It's not everyday you meet such special people.

The buns are doing amazing. Sleeping, cuddling, settling in like they have been here forever. These rabbits can so easily be socialized - they just need love and care. It's quite simple. Mama Flemish, Miracle, is a doll. She is so gentle and sweet. All buns have been examined and except for a couple old cuts and wounds, they are all in condition, which I am so pleased about.

I am so glad to hear people are stepping forward to foster rabbits, but how many of you need another Flemish or NZ? Come on... ADOPT one! Foster homes are great but they need Permanent homes where they will be provided for. Dozens of rabbits currently have temporary homes but still need permanent ones - so please get in touch with Rabbit Rescue or the Barrie SPCA, if you can open your home to any one of these special rabbits.

Again, thanks to RO, and Susan & Chris, our families are safe. We will get them settled in for now, and then start seeing what else we can do to help.

By the way - all the Flemish Giants have been in our bed already LOL - and the NZ's are up next. I am just going to look each one of them over, and then they are free to explore the house (of course in safe areas.)

pic

Poor Kevin, he thinks he can go to bed to rest... (but he loves it)

pic

Some of the things Susan gave us for the buns and me! She is such a doll. We are so appreciative of her kindness.

pic

this is really great! I am glad, your bunnies made it safely!

Have fun exploring the bed and the rest of the house, bunnies :rabbithop

Back