Edmonton Humane Society

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
I'm glad someone snatched up Timmy
Looks like he would be a good cuddly bunny.

rbmu7b.jpg

tonyshuman wrote:
Pet_Bunny wrote:
I like this one! So regal-looking! It's amazing how many blue-eyed bunnies and otherwise adorable bunnies there are in this batch. I'm glad you got some $$ from HRS and that people are reaching out to you!! Good luck!!
I noticed all the blue eyes too! There is no telling how long the lady had been breeding them from the looks of it! If I was in Canada I'd get a male right now for Pepper since she's getting spayed soon.

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
I think the female/female and male/male thing is because most of the females are being fixed and the males are not (or at least not yet).

There were lots of cute babies and other bunnies. I talked to a lady there that said they had adopted out about 50 rabbits in the last week! There were also a few people in there to adopt when I was there (there was actually about 6 people outside waiting before the place opened).

I dropped off my donations and took a peak at the bunnies. I spent about 2 hours looking at 5 rabbits and I ended up with one beautiful blue eyed adultboy.

His name was Paprika but that will change and he was one of the 200 bunnies brought in last week. He got along great with his adult male friend (and they tempted me to adopt his friend too but I had to say no) and was very calm in my arms. I flipped him on his back and just played with his feet and he had a really good personality. I really think he and Reese will get on great.

unnamedbun2.jpg

unnamedbun1.jpg

so handsome!

OMG so many on that website Stan. That's so sad. I wish I could have more bunnies I'd definitely rescue one. But with my circumstances rightnow it would not be a great idea for me to adopt right now. One day i will get a bunny from a rescue.

Susan :(

SOOOSKA wrote:
OMG so many on that website Stan. That's so sad.
I just got back from the shelter. There are so many rabbits in there. The new shelter is fantastic. There is so much more space to take in the rabbitsto house them and there was many more cages that wasstill availableas space is not a problem now.

Here is the small animal section of the Humane Society where the rabbits are behind the windows for viewing. This picture was takenlast weekwhen the shelter was still under construction.

mux73b.jpg

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Wow that's a lot.
It was super busy at the shelter. Alot of bunnies were getting adopted, mostlythe young and cute ones.All of them were so friendly, non aggressive and easy to hold. But I could see some bunnies many be there for awhile, as some of them have battle scars (bitten ears, noses, and eyes). :(

While people were adopting out bunnies, there weresome that were being turned in today when I was there. One bunny that was adopted in October 2007 was returned to the shelter. :cry1:

I met Stan at the Humane Society today, and he took John and I 'behind the scenes'. There are so many beautiful rabbits there, it breaks your heart :(. There have been so many rabbits taken in in large numbers this past year, I wonder how many more people are willing to adopt again :(

Stan, that rabbit that was taken back wasn't the one I mentioned to you, was it? (She was called George and she was about 6 years old)?

Jan

Here are some more pictures of the newEdmonton Humane Society.

xmq0wg.jpg

This at the entrance to the parking lot.

2ezsaz9.jpg

The main entrance to the Shelter.

s3zprq.jpg

Inside the adoption area.

Back