Edmonton Humane Society

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tonyshuman wrote:
I love the group of black and white bunnies!
There were several groups of theblack and white bunnies.

2096r13.jpg

he looks so lonely without anyone else :( maybe he'll get along with someone else so he's not alone when someones not home?

You should get this one 2 :)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
i want her to get the White and Black one that looks like she's got the helicopter ears....
Iam not sure ofthe name of theone in the group photo.
But here is Basil with some uppity ears. He is one of many white and black bunnies there.

k4k1l2.jpg

Basil is a male mini lop cross.

He is cutesey too, but has to get along with timmy who's all alone unlike that little guy :(

It's been awhile since I updated the rabbit situation at the Humane Society. I still go there once or twice a week to feed the bunnies, check up on them and take pictures. I was there last Sunday.

Many of the rabbits from the mass surrendershave been adopted. Today there are twelvebunnies at the shelter which is still above averagefor the amount they usually have. Some of them are newly acquired bunnies that were justturned in.

Since the shelter is preparing for their big move to a new location, there are specials where you can adopt 2 bunnies for the price of one (they must be in one kennel together). Spayed and neutered rabbits only costs $50.00. Unaltered rabbitscosts $25.00.

With the move for the shelter,you can getacage with the rabbit for an extra $15.00to help clear out some of the cages so the shelter doesn't have to move them to the new location.

This girl is a three year oldDwarf Cross, called Little One. She is a new bunny at the shelter, but I don't think she will be there long as she is so cute.

25jz40w.jpg

24e2qo2.jpg

14e5ezb.jpg

5txo5g.jpg

The shelter has a nick name for her "Chubby Bunny", but it doesn't quite describe her as she is a little bit round.
A run in hernew home should get her in shape in no time.

In TinysMom's thread "When a rabbit calls your name..." this little bunny is calling Luvabun.

Here is Speedy. She is an adult spayed Lop Eared Cross.

vgk4t4.jpg

30agu9u.jpg

k9ao81.jpg

slavetoabunny wrote:
I really admire the extent that the Edmonton Humane Society goes to for the rabbits. Huge kudos to Edmonton.

Thanks Patti. Last week the shelter got involved with a puppy mill in Edmonton and took away all the dogs living in a house. This is a first for our city to close down a puppy mill.

Here is Amigo. A Neutered Male Lop Eared Cross. He was adoptedfrom the first mass surrender but returned for biting. Some of the staff is afraid of him because he lunges at them when they reach into his cage. Because of his behavior, he is going to be at the shelter for along time. :(

2wr3zft.jpg

slavetoabunny wrote:
It sounds as though he needs an experienced fosterer to work with him on his aggression issues.
You are absolutely correct. Heneeds tobe fostered so he can get thepersonal attention and care he needs.

Here is another bunny from the second mass surrender. This is Deliah, an adult Spayed Female Hotot Cross.
Look at theheart shape mark around her eyes.

j8k0td.jpg

vdju6h.jpg

Stan - with your experience with bunnies - I think Amigo is calling YOUR name to foster him....

Just my .02

And I hope that LuvaBun gets Speedy...

All I can to anyone who sees a bun call out to them - is don't miss out by saying "no".

I almost did - and now - I'm so glad I said "yes" even though I didn't need or want another bun.

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Did Timmy find a good home?

I don't know what happens to the bunnies once they leave the shelter. The records are kept confidential. Even when I ask about a bun, the vet is not able to find the records. I miss Timmy, sad buthappy he is not there anymore. One day they are there, and the next they could be gone.

30t5t9i.jpg

Kris Wabbits with Timmy.

Latest posts

Back