Edmonton, AHOY!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maherwoman wrote:
We're selling the NIC panels
Even if you don't sell them, you might find some use for them when you get to Edmonton. If you have a back yard at the apartments, you can set up a run if you take them outside.

I havemy ownset in the basement that I don't really use.

Well, good news...I got an offer on the panels.

I had a lady that does wildlife rehabilitation ask if I could give her a discount on the panels, since they apparently make "excellent cages for sub-adult raccoons, opposums, and skunks". She said that if we were willing to give her a discounted price, she would even be willing to put a plaque on one of the cages, commemorating our loss of our girls.

I've passed word (fwded the email) to Danny and we're not as of yet quite in agreement on it...but I'm sure we'll figure it out. I'd really love to cut the price in half, since she also mentions how expensive it is for her to take care of these animals. I would love for the panels to go to such a wonderful, worthy cause.

So, yay! I'm going to email her back and let her know I'm talking it over with my husband. :)

Good thinking! I'll make sure to mention that to her. :)

She sounds like a really nice woman...and I'm so happy that in all this tragedy and grief, there wound up being some good, and their loss went to helping others. I know each of them would've wanted it this way.

This might be my last time online until we're in Edmonton! YAY! The heat here is taking one last gasp in creating record temps of 100F today and yesterday. All I can think is that I'll never have to live in this again...and in a few days, I'll be leaving it behind!! WOOHOO!! :D

We have all our money together, and we're going around like mad, getting everything handled that needs handling, so we can go on Monday!!

I'm so excited!!!! :D:D:D

As a final note before going, keep us all in your prayers. Pray for our babies, that it's as less stressful a trip as possible. We're going to great lengths to make the trip as comfortable for everyone as possible. We'll have emergency kits for both the buns and the kitties on-hand, as well as things to handle things like gas or stasis.

Pray for our long drive! We'll be stopping off at my dad's in Vegas on the way on Monday, and then we'll be on our way for our 3-4 day drive! :)

Thank you everyone for your help and your suggestions, and most of all your support! :)

Have a safe trip! And see you when you get here.

The temperatures are around 57*F with isolated showers. There are some brush fires in the area because everything is so dry, but things are starting togreen up.

Don't forget, things are metric in Canada. So the speed limits are 110 km/h (68 mph) on the highways.

maherwoman wrote:
The heat here is taking one last gasp in creating record temps of 100F today and yesterday. All I can think is that I'll never have to live in this again...and in a few days, I'll be leaving it behind!! WOOHOO!! :D
Oh boy, I can't wait to go home.
bleh
At least it won't be humid.

I sure hope the trip so far is going ok for all the humans and bunnies and kitties.

Praying that you have a very safe trip.

I can hardly wait to hear from you.

Susan :pray:

Hey guys!!

We're here! We just got here about half an hour ago, and we had such a wonderful drive. We left on Sunday evening, a bit spur-of-the-moment because we just wanted to get the heck outta there. :)

The drive was so beautiful. It was so neat seeing new types of birds all the way up. The drive through Montana was STUNNING because they had a big snow the morning we arrived, and I had Danny pull over, while Em and I got out, flip-flops and t-shirts, and grabbed some snow, and just had the joy of feeling our hands all cold. :) It was a really special day (this was yesterday). I also spied about four deer on the way up, two does and two bucks. They were so stunning.

Boy, I have so much to share! But right now, we're just so exhausted.

The animals are wonderful. The buns took everything in stride...but the kitties cried most of the time (mostly Hobbes...that stinkhead). We bought Rescue Remedy before leaving, and gave it to them (the kitties) regularly...and it helped some, I'm sure.

Crossing the border was relatively uneventful. They had us get out and come in, and Em was asleep when we parked for it...so I had to wake her up and get her into some jeans (she was in shorts) because right when we crossed the border it started to snow! So, I got her up, got her into pants, and got an umbrella, and we walked into the building at the border. They just wanted to put faces with names, and be sure we were being honest...so it was fine. :)

OH, quick note: we were able to bring our hay across. They didn't even search the trailer or the car, so they didn't even SEE that we had our animals. Heck, they didn't even ask! LOL...so we're all here, with everything we brought, and things are wonderful. :)

Wow, guys...I can't believe how beautiful and nice it is here! It's about 52F out there right now...and I'm just having such a wonderful time being so cool! :D

I'm gonna go now, and enjoy relaxing...

Hugs to everyone!!

Rosie*

P.S. Stan and Jan...my phone wasn't working, so if you tried to call, it didn't go through. BUT...Danny's phone is working, so I'll probably call you guys sometime tomorrow. :)

Welcome to Edmonton!

Today the weather was nicer but yesterday was horrible. It was windy, cold and snowing :( But that's Edmonton weather for you, all 4 seasons in 15mins.

degrassi wrote:
Welcome to Edmonton!

Today the weather was nicer but yesterday was horrible. It was windy, cold and snowing :( But that's Edmonton weather for you, all 4 seasons in 15mins.
Lol, I'm in Saskatoon and tuesday we were to get thunder showers and today it was to snow. Neither happened. Sounds like Edmonton has moved over to the prairies.

Thanks, guys! We're already having a wonderful time. We're staying with Danny's dad, and his two roommates (full house!!), and one of them was a chef for over 22 years, and made us stew for dinner. He even had Em help...and she had such a WONDERFUL time! And...it was WONDERFUL!!!

I'm having such fun already!! :D

Hi Rosie, Danny and Em! :wave: Welcome to Edmonton.:Canada small: Glad you and all the bunnies and the kitties made it safe. Hope they settle in fine.

I just got home from a dinner meeting, and now I am going to spend some time with the bunnies before I go to sleep. I work tomorrow and then going to drop by the new Humane Society, but I should be home in the afternoon.

We'll have to see when we can meet up. :D

Stan.

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote
Lol, I'm in Saskatoon and tuesday we were to get thunder showers and today it was to snow. Neither happened. Sounds like Edmonton has moved over to the prairies.
It did so thunderstorm!!! My roommates and I ran around the schoolyard park while watching the lightening and hoping it would rain. Where my boyfriend works, in the north end, the storm was right over him and it was raining and everything :) Today, though, the 'snow' never showed up and I had my laundry hang-drying on the balcony in the breeze and warm sun.

Good luck in Edmonton :) Most of my family lives there, and I try to visit occasionally. Now that I know there's lots of RO members there, maybe next time I go up to visit I'll try to organize a brunch or something! Also there is an IKEA in Edmonton. RO friends and Ikea? Sounds like a crazy good time :D

OH my...woke up and learned it was snowing...what a wonderful surprise!! I took Em out on the balcony, and we just stood there watching it, looking at our vaporized breathing, putting our hands out to catch snowflakes. Boy, what a wonderful thing to wake up to. And to have to bundle up in the morning! I haven't had to do that since I was little! I'm wearing a sweater, pants, and socks, and I'm completely comfortable!

The animals are settling in fine. There aren't pets allowed here (which we didn't find out until we walked through the door to the apartments, and saw the sign on the door), so the kitties and bunnies have to all stay in our room. But, it's better than having to stay in a motel!

Gosh, guys...I can't believe we're here!! :D

I can't wait to meet ya, Stan! Just let me know...I'll be checking RO periodically. I'll also PM you my email address, in case you'd like to email instead. :)

Hugs to all!

Rosie*

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Isn't it wonderful to have snow in MAY? not... I guess maybe for you since you haven't seen snow in a long time but I wanted to enjoy the summer but I don't think Winter is over. It's snowing here but it's not sticking.
LOL...definitely what's happening...I'm happy to be somewhere cold, that's for sure!

And yep...same thing here...snowing but not sticking. :)

Oh, and jordiwes...I hope so, too! I would love to visit BC! :)

Latest posts

Back