Edmonton, AHOY!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The picture of the robin made me laugh, Rosie.
I saw my first robin at school and every time I see one I stop and watch it.
My friends think I'm so weird.

I love how the photos show the changes in weather through the different areas you travelled.

Yes, we have SNOW again today, and it feels chilly too. The altitude does take some getting used to - have you discovered the joys of static electricity yet :D? Poor Shadow often gets a shock when I pet him, and some days Jester's fur just stands up on end :D.

BTW, are you in those apartments opposite the golf course?

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
I love how the photos show the changes in weather through the different areas you travelled.

Yes, we have SNOW again today, and it feels chilly too. The altitude does take some getting used to - have you discovered the joys of static electricity yet :D? Poor Shadow often gets a shock when I pet him, and some days Jester's fur just stands up on end :D.

BTW, are you in those apartments opposite the golf course?

Jan

Lol...I had to ask Danny if we were opposite a golf course, and he says yes. So, yeah, I guess we do! LOL! :)

And beautiful snow!! It snowed lightly yesterday, but looks like it's sticking to roofs and trees a bit today. :) I just love that cold air! Yesterday, Em wanted to send a letter to my dad, so we went outside to go to the mailbox, and we just spur-of-the-moment decided to take a walk through the neighborhood. It was just GORGEOUS! We saw a bluejay, tried to catch snowflakes on our tongues (which we discovered we would have to hold our breath to do, lol), and just took a casual, wonderful stroll down the street. It was a really nice time.

Yes, we've discovered the "joys" of static electricity. It's something Danny warned me about, but I've not yet figured out how to avoid, lol. Danny, Mr. Electrician, has figured out how to ground himself before kissing me (he touches me on the knee/leg first). Em gets really upset when it happens to her...like we did it on purpose...LOL!!

I just LOVE breathing in that clean, cold air, though. I feel like I'm still cooling down from S. CA temps!

Hi Rosie,

I just got off work. You should of seen the amount of snow at 5:30 this morning. Everything was white. I had to brush the snow off the van before I could drive off. It was busy today, as everyone is back to work. Did you know it was a holiday yesterday? :D

We should get warmer temperatures back by the week-end. I hope there is no snow on May 31, as I am golfing at a golf tournament. ;)

Oh wow...how beautiful...:)

I did, indeed, know Monday was a holiday. Victoria Day, correct? Danny was sure to let me know, as I asked him to hat me up on what the different holidays here were. :)

I just love this snow...but I hope you don't get any on the 31st, either! :)

I remember when my headphones started shocking me on the way to class. I mentioned it to another girl from Southern California and we determined it was the climate, not our headphones that was to blame.

The static is terrible. I'm always getting shocked or shocking people. It was WAY worse when we had carpets in our house. You couldn't touch anything without zapping yourself. Thankfully now we have hardwood and its really cut it down.

Static when you have long hair is the WORST!!!! Its so annoying having your hair be all clingy.

Another thing i hate about our climate is how dry your skin and lips get. I can't live without my lipgloss! Its not too bad in the summer as dry heat is nice but the winters are terrible.

Yeah, this is something Danny's warned me about...but I have a feeling I won't know how bad it is until I experience it. LOL...

So far, though, I have noticed how much drier it is here. I swear, I have to carry my lotion around with me, my hands are SO DRY!!

If you guys are bored this weekend my neighbourhood is having a community garage sale. There is about 15 of so garage sales within a couple blocks.

Its in Dovercourt, which is NW of 118 ave and St. albert trail.

Map to Dovercourt

If you ask at the garage sales they will give you a map to find all the houses participating.

Happy Garage Saleing!

NICE! Thanks for posting! Wish we could buy something. We're so cramped right now (staying with Danny's dad and his two roommates...in a two bedroom apartment), I think Danny's dad would be a bit upset if we came home with anything. LOL!

What times are the sales on? All day? Saturday and Sunday both? We'll be in town anyway tomorrow, so we could at least take a walk through the sales. :)

I'm about to head off to the Humane Society. Then, I am going to stop off at a breeders house. If I have time, I will see if Jan is home and check in with her. Rosie, do you want me to come by if I am in S.P.?

Oh poop! Just got back from being at the park with Em, and saw your note! ARGH!

If you're around where we'll be tomorrow (I'll PM you where we'll be), maybe we could meet up just to say hi. :)

I'm sorry I didn't get your note. I wish I at least had a prepaid cell phone or something...but we just don't have any money right now. Danny's dad is floating us right now.

By the way, I should add...if you get this before you come my way, give us a call here, and we'd LOVE to meet up! :)

Okay, I have to ask...what's with the seagulls? We're nowhere near seawater...and don't they usually at least live fifteen miles from seawater of some sort?

I love their cry, though...they're much more vocally diverse than the gulls in California.

I'm loving the magpies, too. They're gorgeous...though everyone I mention them to here can't stand them, lol!

I'm still getting a kick out of the robins! They're so funny, the way that they run...head down, run...stop, head back up. They remind me of ducks doing a quick dip into water. :) And they're pretty social, too...they come pretty close, in curiousity.

Loving the tiny squirrels. They're so cute! :)

OH! I forgot to add...we found a great place nearby that's a six bedroom house to rent for $1800/mo. We're going to be living in the finished basement (basically a downstairs that happens to be underground) that has a full bath of its own, and a bedroom for Em. Our bedroom, we'll be building a wall for, to section it off from the living room area of the basement.

I can't wait! It's got a beautiful backyard, large by LA standards, small by Edmonton standards (there's so much available, open space here!), we would be able to have a small garden, and probably a bunny run so they can go outside occasionally!

Our living area has plenty of space, so the kitties will lose the weight they gained from being in such a small space, and it has PLENTY of room for bunny cages...however big or small we want to make them!

The upstairs has two dining rooms, a huge kitchen, and a nice-sized living room area. The bedrooms for the guys are upstairs, so there's plenty of space for us to have plenty of elbow room! :D

YAY!! We move in around 1st of July. They said we would be able to move in a bit before the 1st, so we'll take advantage of that idea!! :D

So exciting!! :D

maherwoman wrote:
Okay, I have to ask...what's with the seagulls? We're nowhere near seawater...and don't they usually at least live fifteen miles from seawater of some sort?

We have a lot of seagulls in our area. We see them everywhere from parking lots to fields. They don't necessarily live near seawater, but live near freshwater lakes also.

Pam

Wonderful news about the place! Very, very cool :dude:

If you're ever interested, I have a "behaviour of seagulls" manual; I'd be happy to scan it for you, so you can know exactly what they're saying ;)

Latest posts

Back