Edmonton, AHOY!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maherwoman wrote:
What is the brand of the NIC panels you can buy there in Canada? And where do you purchase them from? We've searched Walmart, to no avail. Just trying to get price ideas...

Thanks!
I don't know of many brand names, but I have seen Rubbermaid ones. I have seen them at Zellers, Canadian Tire, Home Depot, London Drugs and Walmart. I found a bunch last summer at Garage sales for about $5 per set. I believe that London Drugs has them on sale right now for about $12. It is best to wait for a sale if you can. Regular price is usually $19.99 for 13 grids. The Superstore here has a 17 grid set for $22.

Congratulations Rosie on your move to the "Great White North" Canada.

I didn't realize Danny was Canadian, where was her born?Does Em have dual citizenship because he was born in Canada? Will you have any problems coming into Canada because you are an American citizen?

I hope your move goes smoothly for all of you.

Susan :)

JadeIcing wrote:
Random things coming to mind. Emergency kits for everyone. In case pictures of the animals alone and with you. Stasis kit might not be bad. I am sure you have thought about most of this.
Thank you for the reminder. :)

Yeah, we'll be sure to have those things on-hand...never know what you might encounter.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Congratulations Rosie on your move to the "Great White North" Canada.

I didn't realize Danny was Canadian, where was her born?Does Em have dual citizenship because he was born in Canada? Will you have any problems coming into Canada because you are an American citizen?

I hope your move goes smoothly for all of you.

Susan :)
Hi Susan! :)

Yep, Danny's Canadian...born in Edmonton. :)

Em doesn't have dual citizenship (though we're going to handle that for both her and I when we're there) because she's not his biological daughter.

We won't have any problems going to Canada. We'll start out going in to visit, and then work on getting things set up to officially have immigrated there. One thing at a time, ya know? We just wouldn't have the ability to officially immigrate there straight off the bat (namely money being the problem), so we'll have to do things this way to start.

Hugs! :)

Thank you SO MUCH for the NIC panel data, guys!

Yeah, I think what we'll do is see what's on sale when we get there, and go from there as far as deciding whether to have Ivan ship our panels to us, or just buy all new ones. It seems like it'd be comparable either way...so whatever's cheaper at the time is what we'll do.

If we decide not to have our panels shipped...I'll figure out a way to sell or give them to someone that needs them. :)

Now I want to go on a road-trip.

JadeIcing wrote:
Now I want to go on a road-trip.
LOL!!

They're fun, aren't they? I think, though, after this one (which'll take at least four days), we'll probably be road-trip'd out for a while. But...we so love road trips...this is the perfect thing for us! :)

We're so excited...today we went to UHaul and made the reservation for the trailer we're going to be using. It's a 4' x 8' tow-behind enclosed (in other words, not open) trailer...and it'll more than hold all our stuff.

Earlier today, Danny said, "Hunny...I'm so excited to be sharing this with you...going to Edmonton." It really brought tears to my eyes...because I feel exactly the same way. It's really neat to be experiencing this together as a family. We always had it in mind to (when we could afford it) visit Canada. We had it in mind to eventually visit both Edmonton and Ontario (where the rest of his family lives). And now we're flat-out going to LIVE there.

I can't wait to be breathing cold air...I've been breathing hot air for so long now. And to be around such nice people. Danny and I agreed that it'll be an adjustment, being able to slow down, and live a more relaxed lifestyle. Things are so fast-paced here. It'll be quite a change!

It's hard waiting for something so wonderful! But we want to be sure we have all our ducks completely in a row first...so we don't hit any (excuse the pun) bumps in the road.

:biggrin2:

Best wishes for a successful move to Canada...I hope you find a good place to land. I hear you on the colder weather - definitely my preference (my dad is Canadian and teases me about having antifreeze for blood as I love the cold and snow to a fault).

Denise

I just did a civics course last week which was 90% immigration rights, if I have time i'll copy you out some tomorrow. A few of them are pretty cool.

DeniseJP...I know what you mean! Danny and I have always been the same...and so is Em. Both Em an I both have a history of swimming way beyond the point that our lips had turned blue, and being much warmer than those around us all the time. And Danny has a picture of one year that they had relatives over, and his dad had turned up the heat (for their comfort), and it was just way too warm for him, so he, in nothing but his diaper, was found outside, in the dead of winter, sitting in the snow...happy as could be!! :)

We're SO ready for that cold!!

And Brandy...that would be wonderful! Thank you! :)

An update of things:

So...we've decided to forget about shipping our NIC panels, or buying new ones ... we're just going to bring ours with us. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Chalk it up to so many things happening, and not thinking straight at times, lol! I mean, heck, we're going to be using a 4' x 8' trailer...and I doubt we're going to fill it all the way. LOL!! What dorks!

Now all I have to do is get new pegboard for their flooring. I would just bring their old pegboard...but in all honesty, we were going to buy new pegboard when we moved, and it's so cheap, why not? Not to mention, who knows what smells are on there from what happened...and they'll be stressed enough...why add that? Given that there are Home Depots there in Edmonton (and I'm sure they're not the only places that sell pegboard), I'm sure we won't have a problem. :)

I think that's all there is to update! :)

maherwoman wrote:
Given that there are Home Depots there in Edmonton (and I'm sure they're not the only places that sell pegboard), I'm sure we won't have a problem. :)

No problem with Home Depots here. There are several locations, a new one being built connecting to a shopping mall. :shock: They don't carry wood burning pellets though, you have to go to Revy (another big building supply store) to get that. :)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
maherwoman wrote:
Given that there are Home Depots there in Edmonton (and I'm sure they're not the only places that sell pegboard), I'm sure we won't have a problem. :)

No problem with Home Depots here. There are several locations, a new one being built connecting to a shopping mall. :shock: They don't carry wood burning pellets though, you have to go to Revy (another big building supply store) to get that. :)
I assume you mean Rona. I don't remember when it was Revy.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
maherwoman wrote:

I live right by that new Home depot in Westmount mall. Its turned our nice little mall into a parking lot traffic jam during the day with so many big trucks.

I also still call it Revy. I hate when places change their name. I also still call it fantasyland, instead of galaxyland(lamest name change ever!). I dont' adjust to change well, lol.

degrassi wrote:
I live right by that new Home depot in Westmount mall. Its turned our nice little mall into a parking lot traffic jam during the day with so many big trucks.
I hate when places change their name.
That's the mall I was referring to. :D The traffic has increased in the areatoo, and the police are having a field day when they set up their speed traps. :cop:

It's right on the St. Albert Trail or Messier Trail or whatever they named they changed it to. :panic:

I wanted to offer here...

We're selling the NIC panels from our sweet Rainbow Bridge foursome...let me know if anyone either on the way (would be a quick stop) or anyone here in Southern CA or in Edmonton wants them (we'd probably just give them to you). Otherwise, we're selling them.

Let me know what you guys think of my ad:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/for/1154392250.html

I hope it's okay...and informative. (Let me know anything you think should be changed. I wanted to be really up-front about them having to be cleaned.) I don't know how much of a bite we'll get...but never know. Maybe we have the potential to make a little bit more money before we leave.

I hate to sell them, in not having cleaned them first...but neither Danny or I can handle the idea of opening the boxes they're in again and doing anything with the panels. Thankfully, it's mostly that they've got fur on them.

I'm hoping I can either give them to or sell them for a small fee to someone here on RO...but if someone not too familiar with buns purchases them, and I can impart some bunny slave wisdom on them (as well as let them know about RO in the process), then all the better, ya know?

Hugs!

Edited to add: First link I posted didn't work...as I was a dope and hadn't completely posted my ad. Now it works! LOL!! :blushan:

Edited again to add: For some reason, when I search in Craigslist, I can't find my ad...but I can find it when I just have open the main For Sale section. Anyone know why that would be??

Latest posts

Back