Edmonton, AHOY!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad to hear that you've made it safe and sound.
Our last snow here was in mid-april, but it seems like it's been raining ever since.
I'm looking forward to going home to the rainless weather I'm used to.

Hi Rosie,

It was busy at work today. One worker called in sick, so I had to stay in longer. Then I made my way over to the Humane Society to check up on the rabbits and stayed there until now. I think Jan is busy this week too. She has to work her shift and cover for another co-worker who is going to the hospital.

I got your email address, so I will check in with you. :D

trailsend wrote:
Welcome to Canada Rosie and family! Hope you like it here :)I'll be in Edmonton in June, just passing through. I'm so glad you made the move safely and am so excited for you :)
Oh nice! :) Maybe we could meet up, or something. :)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Hi Rosie,

It was busy at work today. One worker called in sick, so I had to stay in longer. Then I made my way over to the Humane Society to check up on the rabbits and stayed there until now. I think Jan is busy this week too. She has to work her shift and cover for another co-worker who is going to the hospital.

I got your email address, so I will check in with you. :D
Oh, it's totally fine, Stan. Literally whenever you're available, we will be. No rush...heck, we're living here now! :)

Not to mention, we're pretty tired...so anytime you're available, you just let me know! :)

trailsend wrote:
Edmonton in June, just passing through.
So many RO members at or coming through Edmonton. :D

We are having our annual Mah Society BBQ on June 7. That is where we set up and BBQ around 300 steaks, hotdogs and hamburgersfor the Mah's and the Chinese community.

maherwoman wrote:
Hi Missyscove!:wave:

Where are you living right now? (As I realize how out-of-touch I've been, lol!)
Right now I'm in Ithaca, NY. (I go to Cornell University - I'm an Animal Science major.)
Tomorrow afternoon I'll be flying home to LA. I'll get in just in time to go to my favorite restaurant.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
trailsend wrote:
Edmonton in June, just passing through.
So many RO members at or coming through Edmonton. :D

We are having our annual Mah Society BBQ on June 7. That is where we set up and BBQ around 300 steaks, hotdogs and hamburgersfor the Mah's and the Chinese community.

Oh wow...that sounds like fun! :)

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
Wow... you're in our area?! LOL. Welcome to Edmonton.
Yep! Surprise! And thank you! :)

We're really enjoying it here! I just love that the food is better, the sky is a true, beautiful blue, the people are nicer, the traffic is MUCH lighter. It's just so far been all-around so much better to be here! :)

I can't get over the color of that sky, though...with how BLUE it is, compared to having seen the sky through smog-colored glasses. LOL!

The only thing we're having a hard time adjusting to...the sun doesn't really go down completely until about, what, 10:30pm? So everyday, I find that I think it's about 3.5 - 4hrs earlier than it is...and we wind up wondering why we're so tired. LOL!

But...it's really wonderful here, and we're loving every minute of it. :D

maherwoman wrote:
I just love that the food is better, the sky is a true, beautiful blue, the people are nicer, the traffic is MUCH lighter.
I can't get over the color of that sky, though...with how BLUE it is,
The only thing we're having a hard time adjusting to...the sun doesn't really go down completely until about, what, 10:30pm?

There are so many things we takefor granted, and it's great how the new comers remind us how lucky we are.

The days are getting longer, and the temperature should get warmer.
You came at the right time, but everyone here is so busy.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
maherwoman wrote:
I just love that the food is better, the sky is a true, beautiful blue, the people are nicer, the traffic is MUCH lighter.
I can't get over the color of that sky, though...with how BLUE it is,
The only thing we're having a hard time adjusting to...the sun doesn't really go down completely until about, what, 10:30pm?

There are so many things we takefor granted, and it's great how the new comers remind us how lucky we are.

The days are getting longer, and the temperature should get warmer.
You came at the right time, but everyone here is so busy.
I can understand that...I hope I never get used to the things here, but heck, things are so wonderful, I wouldn't mind getting used to them. :)

I don't mind that everyone's busy. We've got so much we're still getting used to. :)

maherwoman wrote:
MyBabyBunnies wrote:
Wow... you're in our area?! LOL. Welcome to Edmonton.
Yep! Surprise! And thank you! :)

We're really enjoying it here! I just love that the food is better, the sky is a true, beautiful blue, the people are nicer, the traffic is MUCH lighter. It's just so far been all-around so much better to be here! :)

I can't get over the color of that sky, though...with how BLUE it is, compared to having seen the sky through smog-colored glasses. LOL!

The only thing we're having a hard time adjusting to...the sun doesn't really go down completely until about, what, 10:30pm? So everyday, I find that I think it's about 3.5 - 4hrs earlier than it is...and we wind up wondering why we're so tired. LOL!

But...it's really wonderful here, and we're loving every minute of it. :D
I love that it stays light out so late in the summer, makes up for the winter when the sun goes down by 4pm. Makes things like BBQs and firepits a lot more fun as you can actually do stuff outside at night.

Edmonton is great during the summer. There are TONS of festivals and stuff to do. I"m glad it is finally warming up(minus that we are supposed to get snow in tuesday:grumpy:) and we can do more stuff outside.

ROSIE!! I missed that you were here!! :hug2: Glad that you all made it safe and sound!

Like Stan said, I am doing extra shifts this week, but I expect you're busy settling in anyways. We shall all have to meet up :)

Hope to see you soon

Jan

Oh my goodness...snow on Tuesday. :D I am so spoiled, living here!

Earlier today, we had a shower...it was just beautiful! The rain smelled GOOD instead of smelling like all the oil and yuck on the street! It was WONDERFUL! (Despite the cold breeze, hehe!)

HI JAN! :)

Oh, I totally understand. We sure are still getting used to being here; trying to adjust to staying with Danny's dad (and his two roommates...all of us in a two bedroom place, lol), adjusting to the weather (have discovered that we need an umbrella in the car as well as in the house, just in case), adjusting to the altitude (my joints are KILLING ME!), and just all-around enjoying being here. I've noticed that part of the altitude adjustment is also us being really tired. It's interesting...and kinda frustrating...but for good reasons, so it's okay. :)

We had such a wonderful trip! I'm going to post a couple pics here so you can see part of the beauty we passed...

This is one of the first really beautiful parts of the country we passed, in Utah.

100_5912.jpg

WELCOME!

100_5943.jpg

Some Utah red!

100_5946.jpg

A carved-out mountain we drove through. I was crying out of happiness at seeing this beautiful scenery!

100_5897.jpg

GREAT impromptu picture of Danny. One of the first really wonderful ones I've caught of him. :)

100_5972.jpg

WELCOME!!

100_6077.jpg

Odd dust storm we passed in Idaho:

100_5983.jpg

COWS!!

100_6005.jpg

Don't know what mountain this is, but BOY was it beautiful!!

100_6006.jpg

Missed the Montana Welcome Sign by MOMENTS...I was irritated, lol!

100_6092.jpg

I'm not sure what this is...but it was gorgeous...

100_6101.jpg

SNOW!!

100_6106.jpg

100_6115.jpg

100_6117.jpg

I didn't catch pictures of the border, as it was night time, but I did get one of the Edmonton skyline! :)

100_6122.jpg

A pretty robin we happened upon at a fast food parking lot. We've seen more since, but it was my first sighting of one. :D

100B6050.jpg

Em asleep in the car.

100_5848.jpg

What a trip, guys. I hope you like the pictures. :)

I think that is the Calgary skyline. Looking west near Memorial Drive and Deerfoot Tr area. You can see the Calgary Tower, a train bridge and part of the Wier.

maherwoman wrote:
I didn't catch pictures of the border, as it was night time, but I did get one of the Edmonton skyline! :)

100_6122.jpg

. :)

Oh no...that is definitely the Edmonton skyline. I didn't take any pictures in Calgary. :)

Now looking at pictures of the Calgary skyline, it very well could be...but I literally don't remember taking pictures in Calgary. LOL!

Latest posts

Back