Dutch and Holland Lop had babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SnowyShiloh If I release my babies March 16 they will be one day from 7 weeks old. I will not sell pairs for that reason not really knowing for sure the sex. I do know someone that breeds rabbits and she knows how to sex, and she told me to wait til 6 weeks. Thanks I might just wait til they are 8 weeks old, gives me more time with them:party:

Last edited:
I would totally take one. In a heart beat, but I got my boy for free. The thing is I hate the idea of paying for one when you have to pay so much to get them fixed and get them their health visits and everything once you get them. I think the money you spend on getting the money will take away the money you can spend on the vet visit, etc.

I am glad you like my babies but really $25.00 is not much for a baby bunny that has gotten lots of love, all the babies are very loving, sweet and that is worth in its self the $25.00. If you can't pay $25.00 for the baby how will you be able to have them fixed? Do you know I spent $34.00 for each parent their hutch was over $400.00 not including their food, litter,toys,chew toys and vet. The money I make will go towards having my buns spayed. Just the facts

I'm with Hyatt101. May I ask why they need to be out of the house by March 16? 6 weeks is so young for baby bunnies to be away from their moms, it would be better for them if you could wait until 8 weeks. Things can go fine for baby bunnies that go to new homes so young, but they're more likely to get sick and die :( Also I don't think you should lower the price or anything. And I would be reluctant to sell the babies in pairs because it's very easy to mis-sex babies that young and I'd hate for an accidental brother-sister pair to have a litter 4 months from now.

Like I told Snowyshiloh the babies will be one day from being 7 weeks on March 16 and yes I might just hold on to them for another week. I rather keep them as long as I can.I will not sell in pairs due to it being to high to have them fixed. The money I make will go to spay my girls:bunnyheart I have a lady coming this weekend to visit with the babies and she wants a boys. She said she has 2 boys that are fixed and they are in house too room free, so I am happy. 4 more babies to find good homes for:D

Last edited:
I think that must be the cutest video I´ve ever seen....all those little legs kicking...

Thank you! They are almost 5 weeks old and still nursing and it is so funny to watch. Princess is like help me.:bunny17: I will do one more video since they are bigger and it is really funny now.:thanks:

I think that sounds like a fair price, it depends if people are rabbit savvy cos it´s usually quite difficult to sex them early so they may not know when they buy. I tell you if I was nearer, I´d be so tempted...they are all just too much...I actually like the darker ones just something that I like but they are all lovely.

Super super cute!!!

Yes I think $25.00 is a good price, at 6 weeks we will try to sex them. They are all very sweet:happybunny:

I understand what you're saying. And 25 isn't much but to me I'd rather spend the 25 on my new baby itself. Getting it new toys and like I said doing the vet visits. My estimate for a neuter around here is over 300 almost 400 itself. That's ridiculous so yeah I'm stingy with my money

I think $25 sounds like a very average and fair price. My female was $25 and I brought her home at 7 weeks ironically. It is better at 8 weeks and alot of the states have laws against selling them earlier. I didn't know any better when I brought my girl home :)

But yeah, no way you can give them away for free. Then you never know if they will be snake food or taken care of. When I see pet rabbit baby prices from breeders they are usually in the $15-40 range so I think $25 is a good price.

I sure hope you find them a good home. I still talk to my breeder a year later and give him pics of Agnes. He said it makes me feel so happy to see how good of a home she got and that makes me happy too :)

Like I told Snowyshiloh the babies will be one day from being 7 weeks on March 16 and yes I might just hold on to them for another week.

You are in South Carolina? If so, it is illegal to sell rabbits under the age of 8 weeks old, according to an overview of state laws offered by ARBA:

"SECTION 47-1-125. Coloring or dying animals prohibited; sale or distribution of certain young animals prohibited; penalty. (2) It is unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale or give away as merchandising premiums, baby chickens, ducklings or other fowl under four weeks of age or rabbits under two months of age to be used as pets, toys or retail premiums.

http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t47c001.htm"

You are in South Carolina? If so, it is illegal to sell rabbits under the age of 8 weeks old, according to an overview of state laws offered by ARBA:

"SECTION 47-1-125. Coloring or dying animals prohibited; sale or distribution of certain young animals prohibited; penalty. (2) It is unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale or give away as merchandising premiums, baby chickens, ducklings or other fowl under four weeks of age or rabbits under two months of age to be used as pets, toys or retail premiums.

http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t47c001.htm"[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I enjoyed reading your post, I'll be sure to completely follow the law

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the intent of your post is. Sometimes things don't translate correctly online, but it comes across as if you're not taking the information seriously even after numerous other posters have tried to help. The law is in place for the welfare of the animals. Rabbits are not "hardy" enough to be passed along before the age of 8 weeks. Most reputable breeders wait even longer, until 10-14 weeks (sometimes later) to sell kits. 8 weeks is "bare minimum." Before that, young kits are more prone to stress-induced illness or diseases.

i agree with julie.

25 is a very fair price for 8 week old babies. I currently have a pet tan for sale listed at 40. She is very dear to me and I want her to go to a home that understands the tan breed. They aren't like any other pet rabbit and dont have the same personality as others. I use my prices to weed out those that dont understand.

I'm not sure what the intent of your post is. Sometimes things don't translate correctly online, but it comes across as if you're not taking the information seriously even after numerous other posters have tried to help. The law is in place for the welfare of the animals. Rabbits are not "hardy" enough to be passed along before the age of 8 weeks. Most reputable breeders wait even longer, until 10-14 weeks (sometimes later) to sell kits. 8 weeks is "bare minimum." Before that, young kits are more prone to stress-induced illness or diseases.

After many people telling me about 8 weeks, I understand and if you read my other response you would see that I am waiting till 8 weeks. I feel that you just want to type away and tell me what I already know. Many people have let me know the law. It is just a repeat. Plus all the pet stores here sell bunnies at 4 to 6 weeks and that is every pet store. Don't forget these are my babies and I will do the best for them. Just read the other post and you will see that I will wait til 8 weeks. So if you do not have anything positive to say please do not respond. This is for info and for me to share my pics with bun bun lovers.

i agree with julie.

25 is a very fair price for 8 week old babies. I currently have a pet tan for sale listed at 40. She is very dear to me and I want her to go to a home that understands the tan breed. They aren't like any other pet rabbit and dont have the same personality as others. I use my prices to weed out those that dont understand.

Thank You:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop:rabbithop

This has gotten out of hand about the bunnies age, I just had one question about craigslist and it has been all about their age. I thank you all for the info and I have said I will wait, so not need for anyone else to tell me the law. I just want to share my babies with you and yes I take good care of them. I have worked for a vet for a few years and I know how to take care of animals. I get calls from my vet to take in birds, Kittens, and so on. I have raised new borns from all sorts of animals and I do very well. Just know I thank each of you for your advice but from here on it will be pictures of the babies. This to me is suppose to be fun and so far not to good. Oh I lived on a farm for years and I have taken care of chickens, pigs and rabbits. But this is my very first litter of a house rabbit and yes I did not want babies. the vet said he might not be able to produce offspring but after one year it happened and it will never happen again. So please enjoy the pictures and the babies will be taken care of. No worries:) Hope you all understand.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like anyone was doubting the way you care for your rabbits, they look to have a great setup with lots of room to play! :bunny17: Those who mentioned weaning/selling were just offering information to help out. The last post I saw said 6-7 weeks, I must have just missed the most recent one. :)

I bought an underage rabbit from a pet store in SC. I think she was about 6 weeks old or somewhere around there. She's still tiny and I can't believe they were selling her. The laws are there for a reason, but no one seems to follow them.
I technically can't sell my chickens until they're 8 weeks either, but TSC sells day old chicks for several weeks every spring, that is illegal too. It makes me nuts. Chicks and rabbits are totally different though! haha.
No one is questioning anything about your ability to care for the babies! They're beautiful and fat and happy looking buns. Its just the OTHER people we worry about, the ones buying the rabbits off CL. CL is the scariest place I've ever seen! So its not YOU its THEM! And sometimes we're THEM but we know what we're doing! haha.

The babies are so adorable! If I could have another bun I would drive down to where you are and take one in a heart beat! But the Inn is full! lmao. Such fat little buns. I love them!

It doesn't look like anyone was doubting the way you care for your rabbits, they look to have a great setup with lots of room to play! :bunny17: Those who mentioned weaning/selling were just offering information to help out. The last post I saw said 6-7 weeks, I must have just missed the most recent one. :)

its all good:thumbup

I bought an underage rabbit from a pet store in SC. I think she was about 6 weeks old or somewhere around there. She's still tiny and I can't believe they were selling her. The laws are there for a reason, but no one seems to follow them.
I technically can't sell my chickens until they're 8 weeks either, but TSC sells day old chicks for several weeks every spring, that is illegal too. It makes me nuts. Chicks and rabbits are totally different though! haha.
No one is questioning anything about your ability to care for the babies! They're beautiful and fat and happy looking buns. Its just the OTHER people we worry about, the ones buying the rabbits off CL. CL is the scariest place I've ever seen! So its not YOU its THEM! And sometimes we're THEM but we know what we're doing! haha.

The babies are so adorable! If I could have another bun I would drive down to where you are and take one in a heart beat! But the Inn is full! lmao. Such fat little buns. I love them!

The kits are fat little things, last year I bought two pekin ducks from tractor supply and they were only 2 days old and I felt so bad for them. But I bounded with Ming Ming really fast. Heck the baby rabbits really don't want to be with mom, only for some milk then they want back with me. They Love sitting with me and that is all 7 of them. It will be sad to see them go. I called 3 pet stores today and they all said they sell buns between 4 to 6 weeks old. Very wierd that they get away with it. It is funny when I let the bun run around the house for a little they follow me every where. I do put them out with mom for a few hours then they want back in. More pictures coming soon,:anotherbun

If the pet stores are selling bunnies that young, they should be reported. It's not going to stop otherwise.

Your babies are adorable, thanks for sharing them with us !

Back