Dutch and Holland Lop had babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabjet52

Reaction score
My Holland Lop girl gave birth to 7 babies 5 days ago!!!!! I was told my Dutch boy could not make any babies. Does anyone know what they might look like?:rabbithop

Any domestic male bunny can make babies any domestic female bunny.

I'd imagine them looking something like our two recent rescues Nemo and Casper. They are presumed Dutch x Holland Lops.

29434_4855673750165_1419802092_n.jpg

The previous owner must have lied when he told you he was neutered. I hope you are keeping then apart until he IS neutered, unless you want another litter in a month or 2. And she should be spayed after weaning, as reproductive cancer rates are so high. In fact if you only neuter one, you probably should make it her.

Males can still be fertile for a few weeks after being neutered, so it is possible for a recently neutered buck to have a litter. This is why it is important to keep recently neutered males away from intact females for a month or 2 to be safe.

Any domestic male bunny can make babies any domestic female bunny.

I'd imagine them looking something like our two recent rescues Nemo and Casper. They are presumed Dutch x Holland Lops.

29434_4855673750165_1419802092_n.jpg

I would whole heartedly agree! I had a dutch X holland lop (I got her from a friend, so I saw the mom and dad) as a young adult and she look just like them only a different color!!! And I second everything previously stated about getting them spayed or neutered! Good luck!

My Ductch bunny had problems that is why the vet said they might not have babies plus I never seen them going at it, had them together for 1 year.
Holland Lop is the mom (Princess)
Dutch is the Daddy (Ceaser)
He is now with a friend so no more babies

1344343911949.jpg

1344343911396.jpg

IMG_20120518_160524[1].jpg

princess 4.jpg

love birds.jpg

Last edited:
here are the babies, she had 7. 1 looks like daddy a little, 1 is almost all black and the other 5 look like mom but instead of brown they are white with little black markings

Last edited:
here are the babies, she had 7. 1 looks like daddy a little, 1 is almost all black and the other 5 look like mom but instead of brown they are white with little black markings
more pics today they are 1 week old 2-3-13
I hope thier ears are like moms

7 days old (2).jpg

7 days old (3).jpg

7 days old (1).jpg

2-2-13 (12).jpg

1-30-13 (7).jpg

1-30-13 (4).jpg

Last edited:
They are so adorable!! Congrats. Are you planning on getting your buck back once babies are gone to new homes? If you do get him back. I sugget getting him fixed but remember that they cn still produce babies for a while after they have been fixed

Cute babies. Mom is a black tort and dad is a Gray (this color is called chestnut agouti in other breeds but when it is a dutch it is referred to as gray)

I see some chestnut agoutis (one is dutch marked) and broken chestnut agoutis and some broken blacks possibly. No torts from what i can see.

Having an unexpected litter is unfortunate, but the babies sure are CUTE! And Mom and Dad are absolutely adorable, too. They remind me so much of my now deceased Tallulah (a broken tort Holland Lop) and Skyler (a Dutch). I planned to bond them, but Tallulah died shortly after we got Skyler, and Skyler died 2 years later. You must update with pictures of the little ones as they grow up! And hopefully you will get the parents fixed so they can move back in together :)

Latest posts

Back